Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2023, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Also, manastone in at launch or nah? This is obvs the deciding factor.

A Macintosh can be bought. A manastone cannot.
Old 08-04-2023, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ sounds like my Wiz experience on classic live; P99 definitely errs a bit too far toward channeling casts, at lower levels at least.
yeah i'm not talking about it compared to p99, it too easy here. they overcorrected in the wrong direction is what i'm saying. I'm sure it's accurate to 2002 al'kabor server just not actual classic, like i literally couldn't get a 2nd spell to channel with 80 skill at lvl 16 versus a lvl 11 wisp

i spent so much time on that island it's like only thing i confidently remember after 23 years and it ez pz by 16 if you don't get a add

insert shit's not classic Swish gif here
Old 08-04-2023, 11:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think they said legacy items will be in for a time.

Huge turnoff. It's gonna get real stupid real quick on there.
Old 08-05-2023, 03:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah i'm not talking about it compared to p99, it too easy here. they overcorrected in the wrong direction is what i'm saying. I'm sure it's accurate to 2002 al'kabor server just not actual classic, like i literally couldn't get a 2nd spell to channel with 80 skill at lvl 16 versus a lvl 11 wisp
I just made a level 16 wizard to test this. I was able to kill wisps easily even by starting the fight by punching them first. I did get channels even when I was hit.

TAKP's channeling logic was based off of a client decompile. (credit to Mackal for the decompile) It's possible the implementation is imperfect but the core logic seems accurate to me, which is this: your chance to channel is a value of channeling skill + player level and it must beat a random number from 1 to 390. There is a minimum 10% chance to channel and there is a bonus if the spell is more than 5 levels under your current level. This roll is done for every hit against you and you must win every roll during the cast. If you get pushed more than 1 unit from your starting position you will interrupt as well.

The channeling skill just doesn't work very frequently at low levels. Also if you neglect your defense skill you're gonna have a bad time because that's where your avoidance comes from. (also get at least 75 agi)

TAKP's combat formulas don't come from packet sniffing btw. Our combat logic was pieced together from several sources which include a handful of leaks from Sony developers, client decompiles, and shit ton of log parsing on Live servers using many different custom log parsing tools/scripts with some detective work to separate the modern stuff from the old stuff and fitting them all together. Much of it is precise but some of it must be approximated, like NPC statistics. A lot of NPCs were parsed on Live over half a decade for stats.
Old 08-05-2023, 03:48 AM
Planar Protector

idk its definitely not classic, i face tanked and actually played and leveled up to lvl 16, had only like 15 defense skill ups and max channel and was stun locked by a wisp. that's literally broken.

people been talking about defense skill and other combat things in ooc for 2 days it's not just me with the problem.

like i literally had to adapt to just casting lvl 12 and 8 nukes with faster cast times over flame shock at 16 because you can't cast it in-between a combat round. don't remember having to worry about defense/channel or jacking up agi just to level in the teens it just naturally progressed so something is wonky with skillups/combat anyone and literally everyone in the guk group last night who got level 10+ noticed it.
Last edited by Ekco; 08-05-2023 at 03:59 AM..
Old 08-05-2023, 05:00 AM
Planar Protector

87 agi
85 channeling
10 defense...

literally Everquest: Prepare to Die edition. because somehow from just playing normally i only managed 10 skillups in defense so i get bashed 100% of time, like i need to delevel back to around lvl 8 to even tank stuff long enough to fix this.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Ekco; 08-05-2023 at 05:24 AM..
Old 08-05-2023, 05:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think they said legacy items will be in for a time.

Huge turnoff. It's gonna get real stupid real quick on there.
100%. Brings out the worst behaviour.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-05-2023, 08:01 AM
Fire Giant

aww, game to hard????
Kittens Who Say Meow / Asgard / The Mystical Order / Forsaken / Aftermath
Sacrifice*P99G*
[] Tunare 2000+ Kabijito [] FippyDarkpaw TLP Radda []
Old 08-05-2023, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

Not a wiz, but druid early on.
DS was my main damage when engaged. Always had spikeskin AND thorn DS on.
Main tecnique was a snare + dots + dd with some "druid tanking" with DS as main damage.
Defence ramped up slowly sure.
But repeated chanelling through XP blue mob hits was rare in 2000 jan - may with a mix of tattered and friend twinked key pieces. Bone chipped wrist. Gob chest ancient croc legs etc.

It sucked. If was hard. You died. But when you won. Fuck yeah.

TL;DR
If its hard and peeps complain (about lack of skill ups etc) It's prolly on target.
Also. Dont like it. Make ya own.
Old 08-05-2023, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Castle + Manastone. Almost obligatory.
Lolocaust.
Takp server accepts win clients. Ya just canny steal them.
Yoy get the "Not stealing" concept right?
Closed Thread