Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2023, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

TRIPLE MADZ POST#!#
ZMFG.
Old 08-05-2023, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuanahto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I seen over-moderation slowly kill off many third party servers, from tribes2 to WoW.
Moderation, but only in moderation.
Got it.
Old 08-05-2023, 09:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk its definitely not classic, i face tanked and actually played and leveled up to lvl 16, had only like 15 defense skill ups and max channel and was stun locked by a wisp. that's literally broken.

people been talking about defense skill and other combat things in ooc for 2 days it's not just me with the problem.

like i literally had to adapt to just casting lvl 12 and 8 nukes with faster cast times over flame shock at 16 because you can't cast it in-between a combat round. don't remember having to worry about defense/channel or jacking up agi just to level in the teens it just naturally progressed so something is wonky with skillups/combat anyone and literally everyone in the guk group last night who got level 10+ noticed it.
Whether it is or isn't, you can level past it so quickly that it doesn't really matter.

Fix your defense though. Fight a light blue or higher pet in an arena.
Old 08-05-2023, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk its definitely not classic, i face tanked and actually played and leveled up to lvl 16, had only like 15 defense skill ups and max channel and was stun locked by a wisp. that's literally broken.

people been talking about defense skill and other combat things in ooc for 2 days it's not just me with the problem.

like i literally had to adapt to just casting lvl 12 and 8 nukes with faster cast times over flame shock at 16 because you can't cast it in-between a combat round. don't remember having to worry about defense/channel or jacking up agi just to level in the teens it just naturally progressed so something is wonky with skillups/combat anyone and literally everyone in the guk group last night who got level 10+ noticed it.
I dunno man, this really sounds like my experience on live. I remember doing that as well, having to cast fast nukes I could finish between rounds, and then root nuking well into the 20's. By the time I quit my Wiz his def was also abysmal from all the root nuking in spite of getting flattened numerous times. Root nuked because I just couldn't facetank shit and survive. Stun lock doesn't sound right though
Old 08-05-2023, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

They posted today that NPC bash rate is 100%, will be fixed.
Old 08-05-2023, 11:35 AM
Aviak

Can we please get this server rolling soon lol. Been longing for this for years
Ruilden Wreckchords | Level 30 Half Elf Bard of No God |Green|
Maulgar | Level 24 Troll Shadow Knight of Cazic-Thule |Green|
Old 08-05-2023, 04:01 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They posted today that NPC bash rate is 100%, will be fixed.
Not 100%. It's not a bug.

Here's the formula. It matches logs Torven has (and actually, Torven was the one who wrote this formula)

Code:
   // this is precise for the vast majority of NPCs
    // at some point around level 61, base stun chance goes from 45 to 40.  not sure why
    int stun_chance = 45;
    int defenderLevel = defender->GetLevel();
    int levelDiff = GetLevel() - defenderLevel;

if (GetLevel() > 60)
        stun_chance = 40;

if (levelDiff < 0)
    {
        stun_chance -= levelDiff * levelDiff / 2;
    }
    else
    {
        stun_chance += levelDiff * levelDiff / 2;
    }
    if (stun_chance < 2)
        stun_chance = 2;

if (defender->IsNPC() && defenderLevel > RuleI(Spells, BaseImmunityLevel))
        stun_chance = 0;

if (stun_chance && zone->random.Roll(stun_chance))
    {
        Log(Logs::Detail, Logs::Combat, "Stun passed, checking resists. Was %d chance.", stun_chance);

int stun_resist = 0;

if (defender->IsClient())
        {
            stun_resist = defender->aabonuses.StunResist;                        // Stalwart Endurance AA
        }

if (defender->GetBaseRace() == OGRE && !BehindMob(defender, GetX(), GetY()))        // should this work if the ogre is illusioned?
        {
            Log(Logs::Detail, Logs::Combat, "Frontal stun resisted because, Ogre.");
        }
        else
        {
            if (stun_resist && zone->random.Roll(stun_resist))
            {
                defender->Message_StringID(MT_DefaultText, AVOID_STUN);
                Log(Logs::Detail, Logs::Combat, "Stun Resisted. %d chance.", stun_resist);
            }
            else
            {
                Log(Logs::Detail, Logs::Combat, "Stunned. %d resist chance.", stun_resist);
                defender->Stun(2000, this);    // bash/kick stun is always 2 seconds
            }
        }
    }
    else
    {
        Log(Logs::Detail, Logs::Combat, "Stun failed. %d chance.", stun_chance);

// This is a crude approximation of interrupt chance based on old EQ log parses
        int interruptChance = 100;

if (IsNPC() && !IsPet())
        {
            if (GetLevel() < defenderLevel)
                interruptChance = 80;        // Daybreak recently confirmed this 80% chance
        }
        else if (defender->IsNPC())
        {
            int levelDiff = GetLevel() - defenderLevel;

interruptChance += levelDiff * 10;

if (defenderLevel > 65 && interruptChance > 0)
                interruptChance = 2;
            else if (defenderLevel > 55)
                interruptChance /= 2;
            else if (defenderLevel > 50)
                interruptChance = 3 * interruptChance / 4;
        }

Log(Logs::Detail, Logs::Combat, "Non-stunning bash/kick interrupt roll: chance = %i", interruptChance);

if (zone->random.Roll(interruptChance))
        {
            if (IsValidSpell(defender->casting_spell_id) && !spells[defender->casting_spell_id].uninterruptable)
            {
                Log(Logs::Detail, Logs::Combat, "Non-stunning bash/kick successfully interrupted spell");
                defender->InterruptSpell(SPELL_UNKNOWN, true);
            }
        }
    }
And here's the flee stun code. This was taken again from various logs, and additionally happens on Live:

Code:
// 3 second flee stun check.  NPCs can stun players who are running away from them.  10% chance on hit
    if (spell_id == SPELL_UNKNOWN && damage > 0 && other && other->IsNPC() && !other->IsPet() && other->GetLevel() > 4 && EQ::skills::IsMeleeWeaponSkill(attack_skill))
    {
        if (animation > 0 && zone->random.Roll(10) && other->BehindMob(this, other->GetX(), other->GetY()))
        {
            int stun_resist = aabonuses.StunResist;

if (!stun_resist || zone->random.Roll(100 - stun_resist))
            {
                if (CombatRange(other, 0.0f, false, true)) {
                    Log(Logs::Detail, Logs::Combat, "3 second flee stun sucessful");
                    Stun(3000, other);
                }
            }
            else
            {
                Log(Logs::Detail, Logs::Combat, "Stun Resisted. %d chance.", stun_resist);
                Message_StringID(MT_DefaultText, AVOID_STUN);
            }
        }
    }

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 08-05-2023, 04:04 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
yeah i'm not talking about it compared to p99, it too easy here. they overcorrected in the wrong direction is what i'm saying. I'm sure it's accurate to 2002 al'kabor server just not actual classic, like i literally couldn't get a 2nd spell to channel with 80 skill at lvl 16 versus a lvl 11 wisp

i spent so much time on that island it's like only thing i confidently remember after 23 years and it ez pz by 16 if you don't get a add

insert shit's not classic Swish gif here
This is the formula for channeling:

Code:
	else if (!spells[spell_id].uninterruptable) // not bard, check movement
	{
		// special case - this item can be cast while moving, by any player, not just bards
		if ((IsClient() && ((slot == CastingSlot::Item)) && inventory_slot != 0xFFFFFFFF) &&
			CastToClient()->GetItemIDAt(inventory_slot) == 28906 /* Bracelet of the Shadow Hive */)
		{
			Log(Logs::Detail, Logs::Spells, "Casting from clicky item %s.  Allowing cast while moving.", CastToClient()->GetInv()[inventory_slot]->GetItem()->Name);
		}
		// if has been attacked, or moved while casting, try to channel
		else if (attacked_count > 0 || GetX() != GetSpellX() || GetY() != GetSpellY())
		{
			uint16 channel_chance = 0;

if (IsClient())
			{
				// this is fairly accurate (but not perfect) and based on decompiles

// client is holding down forward movement key or no skill
				if (animation > 0 || GetSkill(EQ::skills::SkillChanneling) == 0)
				{
					InterruptSpell();
					return;
				}

float distance_moved, d_x, d_y;
				if (GetX() != GetSpellX() || GetY() != GetSpellY())
				{
					d_x = std::abs(std::abs(GetX()) - std::abs(GetSpellX()));
					d_y = std::abs(std::abs(GetY()) - std::abs(GetSpellY()));
					if (d_x > 1.00001f || d_y > 1.00001f)
					{
						InterruptSpell();
						return;
					}
				}
				if (attacked_count == 0)
					attacked_count = 1;

uint16 bonus_chance = 0;
				uint16 spell_level = spells[spell_id].classes[GetClass() - 1];
				uint16 roll = 0;
				uint16 loops = 0;

do {
					roll = zone->random.Int(1, 390);
					if (!IsFromItem && aabonuses.ChannelChanceSpells)
					{
						roll = (100 - aabonuses.ChannelChanceSpells) * roll / 100;
					}

if (GetLevel() > (spell_level + 5))
						bonus_chance = 3 * (GetLevel() - spell_level) + 35;

channel_chance = GetSkill(EQ::skills::SkillChanneling) + GetLevel() + bonus_chance;
					if (channel_chance > 370)
						channel_chance = 370;

Log(Logs::Detail, Logs::Spells, "Checking Interruption: spell x: %f  spell y: %f  cur x: %f  cur y: %f channelchance %f channeling skill %d\n", GetSpellX(), GetSpellY(), GetX(), GetY(), channel_chance, GetSkill(EQ::skills::SkillChanneling));

if (roll > channel_chance && roll >= 39)
					{
						Log(Logs::Detail, Logs::Spells, "Casting of %d canceled: interrupted.", spell_id);
						InterruptSpell(SPELL_UNKNOWN, true);
						return;
					}

loops++;
				} while (loops < attacked_count);

regain_conc = true;
			}
			else
			{
				// NPCs don't use channeling skill (says Rashere circa 2006) or fail spells from push
				// this is an extremely crude approximation but based on AK log greps of a handful of NPCs

// hit NPCs typically don't even regain concentration and just finish casts
				int roll = 30;
				if (GetLevel() > 70)
					roll = 10;
				else if (GetLevel() > 30)
					roll = 20;

// this spell id range is hardcoded to not be interruptable.
				// this was determined from a client decompile.  credit: Mackal
				if (IsNPC() && spell_id >= 859 && spell_id <= 1023)
					roll = 0;

if (zone->random.Roll(roll))
				{
					// caster NPCs have an extremely high regains rate; almost 100% at high levels
					roll = zone->random.Int(1, 390);

// AK logs show some warrior NPCs (e.g. Tallon Zek) not regaining concentration; maybe NPCs used channeling skill in 2002 but not 2006?  shrug
					if (GetClass() == WARRIOR || GetClass() == ROGUE || GetClass() == MONK)
						roll = 0;

if (roll > ((GetLevel() < 51 ? 325 : 225) - GetLevel() * 3))		// not how Sony did it; replace this if you find data/evidence/leaks
						regain_conc = true;
					else
					{
						Log(Logs::Detail, Logs::Spells, "Casting of %d canceled: interrupted.", spell_id);
						InterruptSpell(SPELL_UNKNOWN, true);
						return;
					}
				}
			}

if (regain_conc)
			{
				Message_StringID(CC_User_Spells, REGAIN_AND_CONTINUE);
				uint16 textcolor = IsNPC() ? CC_User_Default : CC_User_Spells;
				entity_list.MessageClose_StringID(this, true, 200, textcolor, OTHER_REGAIN_CAST, this->GetCleanName());
			}
		}		// mob was hit or moved from start of cast loc
	}		// class != bard
Most was taken from client decompiles. Part of the server is in the client itself, so we are accurately able to verify how stuff worked.

You should see the amount of stuff Torven had to go through to make sure this information was all correct.

This is mostly a case of EQ actually being this hard in classic, but people wanting it to feel a specific way. P99 is full of inaccuracies that basically give you the feel of classic, though arguably their content / zone populations are much better at least for classic. (for now.)

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 08-05-2023, 04:10 PM
Fire Giant

Love the open source proofs. A new age of classic everquest is coming.
Old 08-05-2023, 04:48 PM
Kobold

He has the defense skill of a level 2 at level 16. Of course he's not going to tank well.

Defense being hard to raise if you neglect it is a very, very well known phenomenon and is entirely accurate. Our skill-up difficulty values are pulled from the client. If you don't keep up with raising the skill then it becomes very hard to raise because it can only raise on a successful miss. If the skill is near zero then mobs will almost never miss you if your skill is super low and you keep leveling. The math on avoidance is precise.

In fact I always tell new players that they absolutely need to tank level 1 mobs to max defensive skill once they hit level 4 otherwise they'll outpace their skill and won't be able to raise it without arena visits. On severs with experience bonuses you'll notice this more because you out-level your skillup rate. Quarm has the 20% bonus on at least.

Incidentally the cast time on the level 16 nuke is 2.5 seconds and NPC attack delays at low levels is 3 seconds.
Closed Thread