Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2023, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
quarm sounded great at first but now that it's a copy and paste clone of p99 w/ takp database it's just:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with any new server is whatever you do someone's gonna be pissed.
Old 09-17-2023, 04:25 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it's all about what YOU want, why don't you just go single box on TAKP? You can go experience every expansion though PoP right now. Nothing stopping you at all. This goes for Trexller, as well. TAKP has a great community and is very welcoming to new players. If you want to play through Luclin/PoP content now, just go play TAKP. Quarm is not going to release with all expansions enabled, there's no point even discussing it. You can either accept that Secrets has a different vision of ideal progression than yours and play anyway, or you can choose to play somewhere else. But expecting the box to cater to your individual opinions on content is both juvenile and asinine.
I specifically said that it wasn't about what I wanted. Work on your reading comprehension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most EQ players don't want to jump into a server that has all expansions enabled, it's as simple as that.
Finally getting to an answer to the question. Where is your data to back this claim up?

Quote:
If you do, well, okay, that's your opinion. But it's one that most players don't share, so you shouldn't expect that your view will be widely supported, especially by devs who are putting in a ton of unpaid, volunteer work to get a successful server up and running.
I was just asking a question in a thread. I wasn't trying to force my will on anyone.
Old 09-17-2023, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This goes for Trexller, as well. TAKP has a great community and is very welcoming to new players.
been playin takp for years
Old 09-17-2023, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhold [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I specifically said that it wasn't about what I wanted. Work on your reading comprehension.
You can't say, "Guys, I promise it's not just about what I want," and then ask for something that no one else but you (and Trexller tbf) are asking for. Yes, it's basically just you two. I haven't seen anyone else in this thread or the Quarm Discord advocating to launch with content through PoP enabled. Maybe there are others I haven't noticed, but I guarantee you're in the vast minority either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhold [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Finally getting to an answer to the question. Where is your data to back this claim up?
Let me cite you a peer reviewed study on EQ Emu server releases. Lol. The fuck are you on about? This is common sense. The continued popularity of live Progression servers is evidence enough, as well as the launch of P1999 Green to great fanfare, which followed a progression timeline rather than launch with Velious enabled (which it could have obviously done). Most people who choose to play a 25 year old elf simulator for a nostalgia kick prefer that their nostalgic experience closely mirror their actual memories, which requires an expansion progression timeline, not a diarrhea dump of all the expansions at once. This is not rocket science or in any way controversial. It is simply how it should be done.
Old 09-17-2023, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Old 09-17-2023, 06:37 PM
Kobold

I worked on TAKP for 10 years and even I don't want era inaccurate ez-mode stuff ruining the classic game. I wouldn't play on Quarm if they had included it. Removing class exp penalties and Hole opening early makes me eyeroll TBH but I can stomach it
Old 09-17-2023, 07:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Let me cite you a peer reviewed study on EQ Emu server releases
This is legitimately hilarious. Appreciate the belly laugh, Vexenu.

Also a bit of advice would be ignore Trex. For some reason Trex RnFs everywhere without regard to whether he's actually in RnF. Best to ignore the troll.
Old 09-17-2023, 07:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I worked on TAKP for 10 years and even I don't want era inaccurate ez-mode stuff ruining the classic game. I wouldn't play on Quarm if they had included it. Removing class exp penalties and Hole opening early makes me eyeroll TBH but I can stomach it
Thanks for sharing your time and passion with others to have a server Old school EQers can enjoy playing on. Much appreciated for all you've done for the EQ Emu community. TAKP team deciding to release its code and database has been a gamechanger.
Old 09-17-2023, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Seducio's favorite whine:

Old 09-17-2023, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone wanna make a quarm launch static group?
I'm probably going to play a more group focused bard who doesn't swarm. I am not a fan of that shit.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Closed Thread