Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The paladin hate on this server is so immensely amazingly idiot strong that I saw an SotM for 400p in EC over the weekend. If the Paladin 41% haste Sky belt was tradeable it'd probably sell for about the same as an FBSS. Mention the word paladin to a crowd of p99ers and the collective idiocy meter instantly pegs with a reading of OVER 9000!
I should make a Paladin just to see. Paladin was my main back in the days of Luclin.

I miss my Luclin Bard and Beastlords. Double Attack AA's made everything wonderful.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Why axe of lost souls when a baton of faith is the same ratio...is -5AC/WIS/INT +10STR/STA, +5SvALL really worth 1900p?
Old 11-03-2014, 04:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why axe of lost souls when a baton of faith is the same ratio...is -5AC/WIS/INT +10STR/STA, +5SvALL really worth 1900p?
The stats have nothing to do with it. It's all about the look!
Old 11-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

OP's trying to keep costs down, so the vanity can wait until OP can afford it. Practically...get the baton and don't replace it until FA/FD.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I should make a Paladin just to see. Paladin was my main back in the days of Luclin.
It's not universal, just as the similarly foolish Ranger hate is not universal. It is strong enough that decent Paladin gear is super cheap.

Flash of Light is, imo, way more effective here than it ever was on live. There were some negative issues with FoL before they got most of the wonky pathing fixed. It seems to me that FoL lasts full/near-full duration way more than it did on live, I'm not sure I've ever even noticed it not lasting full duration on me or a mob, and the spell itself seems to me to give much more agro than it did in-era on live.

So agro is pretty easy to manage here for a Paladin. You don't really need your stuns for much of anything except bailing out the Enchanter until you run into gating mobs (Hate, Sebilis, maybe Chardok but that place is toxic with AEers so not sure) and the CH casting healers and Ice Comet casting wizards in various higher level dungeons. Maybe toss one stun in with your FoLs if your group's Monk/Rogue is too lazy to dump agro even once during a fight and you don't feel like calling them out on it. FoL works so well here it's funny that the anti-Paladin hate continues, Paladin agro advantage over Warrior is about as OP here as it was in Luclin/PoP on live due to the cheap/fast stuns they added in Luclin. (For raid bosses the Warriors here have Midnight Mallets for easy-mode snap agro.) All I can figure is there must've been a lot of really poorly played Paladins around here before I started that permanently scarred the server's collective consciousness.

Also, people here are even more close-minded than they were on live about the advantages of having both a knight and a Warrior in group. About the only thing they can imagine doing is having the Warrior berzerk for semi-decent dps.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Banned

I always felt like high elf paladins were always a little, mentally challenged.

no offence. :/
Old 11-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always felt like high elf paladins were always a little, mentally challenged.

no offence. :/
No offence taken by this Half-Elf Paladin. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

If I'm gonna be a Paladin, it's gonna be a Dwarf. I like my barrel roll.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, people here are even more close-minded than they were on live about the advantages of having both a knight and a Warrior in group. About the only thing they can imagine doing is having the Warrior berzerk for semi-decent dps.
This is pretty interesting to me. Rogues and Monks get an extra attack on some cooldown that does great damage, however Warriors in Berserk mode can quad-damage crit people.

Given that most things on EQ seem more about gut-feelings than they do actual hard data (since hard data is actually difficult to come by without disclosing actual formulas), I wonder what that actual comparison is.

Like, it's suspected that critical attack chance can be influenced by Dexterity, but is that actually proven anywhere? I'd be interested to see what a well geared warrior in STR / DEX gear or maybe even just buffed up to max via shaman can do. One observation I've had is that Crits don't seem to be a PPM based thing, I've seen a warrior get quite a few critical hits back to back and later AA's seem to imply it's % based.

I'd love to see actual calculations on a lot of things, being able to back up gear selections with math would be super cool. I'm also inclined to believe a berserking warrior is actually pretty boss DPS, maybe not higher than a rogue but more than semi-decent.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I'm gonna be a Paladin, it's gonna be a Dwarf. I like my barrel roll.
Do a Barrel roll!
Closed Thread