Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladin can solo kinda-sorka-ok-ish until L45 or so. It gets pretty terribad post-50. Mobs have too many hp and your primary strength is taking hits not dishing them out. Those slow-casting little anti-undead nukes don't count for much against mobs with real hp. Even with DS pots, epic, and a good haste item it sucks. Your Paladin won't get xp much faster soloing than he will if you log to your EC mule and go afk (sadly, that's not a joke.)

You can get duo xp that's far better than solo, but still not as good as a decent 5 or 6 man group, with most anybody except another Paladin or a Cleric. Even a Warrior (use root to manage agro and keep the Warrior berzerk, suck down DS pots like an addict) or an SK (fear-kite to minimize damage taken and thus downtime.)

Befriend Enchanters. A group built around Paladin+Enchanter can do great things in a dungeon.
Most people don't solo past 50 anyway, some can but they prefer not to because of inefficiency. Mobs get too much HP at that point to make killing them solo efficient unless you're a class with strong dots or have the patience to kite.

Give a Paladin Ghoulbane and send him to Lguk or Unrest at 30 and he can probably solo his way to 49.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:46 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Give a Paladin Ghoulbane and send him to Lguk or Unrest at 30 and he can probably solo his way to 49.
Oh stop it. This would be painfully slow. Any class can solo, it doesn't mean they should. Solo and paladin don't really belong in the same sentence unless it involves Deepwater Helm.

Also paladin healing, regardless of what spells they get is bad simply because mana pool is ridiculously low.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phased [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh stop it. This would be painfully slow. Any class can solo, it doesn't mean they should. Solo and paladin don't really belong in the same sentence unless it involves Deepwater Helm.

Also paladin healing, regardless of what spells they get is bad simply because mana pool is ridiculously low.
I agree, some classes shouldn't solo. But they still can IF they want to. To me, being able to solo isn't about how fast you can kill stuff, it's whether or not you can survive a 1v1 battle at all. If you can, then you can solo, however wasteful it may be.

And yeah, they do have a crappy mana pool, but in times of need when your healer is either dead or OOM, a Paladin can still pick up the heals temporarily. A Ranger only gets Greater Heal which is pretty useless by the 50s, but a Pallys Superior Heal is strong enough to save lives still. A Pally should generally have full mana as the group tank if (s)he is playing correctly, since FoL is so cheap, and in hairy situations, a Pally with a full mana bar can save lives. I've done it, and I've been praised for doing it.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 11-06-2014 at 02:42 AM..
Old 11-06-2014, 03:48 AM
Sarnak

This thread is so classic
Old 11-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Sarnak

On live, post-velious, soloing as a paladin was pretty easy 59+. Celestial cleansing and the new defensive skills made it pretty easy. I was soloing in Seb and Velks with pretty mediocre gear at the time (I think i had a Sword of Morning, but not 100% sure) and could even solo Guards/Senior Guards in Kael. Once my guild started raiding, it became even easier (shovel of the harvest and NToV weapons helped a ton).

On this server, it'd be hard to solo 50+. You'd have to do high greens in guk or casters in KC (on live, I could solo spectral curates in KC since I could keep interrupting them after 50% hp when they tried to CH). Baton of Faith + FBSS would be top two best items, and a fungi would help a ton (obviously) if you could afford it. Deepwater helm is good, too. DPS is obviously the biggest concern, so you'd want to go all in on strength and dex (if you have a proc weapon).
Old 11-06-2014, 11:47 AM
Sarnak

Also, don't discount a paladin's CC ability.

On live, I was often crowd control in sebilis and karnor's groups when we couldn't find an enchanter, since I could pull a mob off a person easily via stuns, then root them away from everyone. I also could keep myself alive while doing so, so the cleric could concentrate on the others.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Fire Giant

DOES...NOT....COMPUTE........CLASS HAS LOW DAMAGE OUTPUT....OTHER...POSSIBLE.....ABILITIES AND SKILLS......INVALID......MUST PRESS 0 KEY AND WAIT FOR CC AND HEALS......
Old 11-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Sarnak

RECOMPUTE........ MUST ROLL IKSAR MONK 18384759375....... AND FACEROLL TO GLORY.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

SK
Old 11-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RECOMPUTE........ MUST ROLL IKSAR MONK 18384759375....... AND FACEROLL TO GLORY.
+1
Closed Thread