Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

oh listing leaderboard stats is now a personal attack.

oh you know, this server is super duper classic and all with the item links, no item recharging, no binding in raid zones, global /ooc, resists.

sorry to burst your bubble, but seeing how you are 5 kills 2 deaths on your best in slot rogue it's easy to assume you care nothing about PVP and only what will help you PVE easier.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This kind of shit doesn't happen on blue. Have you considered making the switch?
lol gud 1
Old 03-19-2015, 07:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwalike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh listing leaderboard stats is now a personal attack.

oh you know, this server is super duper classic and all with the item links, no item recharging, no binding in raid zones, global /ooc, resists.

sorry to burst your bubble, but seeing how you are 5 kills 2 deaths on your best in slot rogue it's easy to assume you care nothing about PVP and only what will help you PVE easier.
How is any of what you said relevant to the discussion of recharging? Please start another topic if you want to discuss item link, binding in raid zones (which mischief isn't a raid zone, global ooc and resists. You're cluttering up this thread with your ignorance about Velious mechanics. Thanks friend.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegyno 13.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is any of what you said relevant to the discussion of recharging? Please start another topic if you want to discuss item link, binding in raid zones (which mischief isn't a raid zone, global ooc and resists. You're cluttering up this thread with your ignorance about Velious mechanics. Thanks friend.
on THIS custom server they don't allow you to bind in PLANES (like i said) and RAID ZONES. i never called PoM a raid zone i called it a plane, which it is. i never said you couldn't bind in PoM on LIVE everquest, so why twist my words? oh it's because you are mad that i'm right and you just assumed a bunch of ignant shit.

5-2 talking about "pvp" changes that will just help him zerg better

sry recharging will never work on this server so stop talking about classic eq.

i'm sure some of those RMT'd accounts came with a locket or two, actually i'm sure they didn't or else you wouldn't be making this thread.

so please, go on and tell me more about how you started playing everquest in 2003.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP The Jacka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mad little boy over here
why is he mad? did you feed it this week?
Old 03-19-2015, 08:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwalike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on THIS custom server they don't allow you to bind in PLANES (like i said) and RAID ZONES. i never called PoM a raid zone i called it a plane, which it is. i never said you couldn't bind in PoM on LIVE everquest, so why twist my words? oh it's because you are mad that i'm right and you just assumed a bunch of ignant shit.

5-2 talking about "pvp" changes that will just help him zerg better

sry recharging will never work on this server so stop talking about classic eq.

i'm sure some of those RMT'd accounts came with a locket or two, actually i'm sure they didn't or else you wouldn't be making this thread.

so please, go on and tell me more about how you started playing everquest in 2003.
I have plenty of lockets.

Also, why would you infer that you can't bind in a plane? You clearly can. In fact, when Plane of Fear first came out, you could bind there too.

Mischief has always been bindable and if you have an issue with that, make another thread. This thread is about recharging and how it's a classic mechanic and deserves to be on Red99.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When my blue shaman gets in trouble I use a WC cap, run to rivervale, and recharge my cap with a recharge alt camped at a merchant for a total cost of ~200pp. I can then gate back and proceed to continue with whatever I was attempting to do.

Item recharge was never good for blue. Sure it's convenient, but it pretty dramatically changes the game from the way it was meant to be. 2 puppet strings means your entire guild can get OT hammer without faction work? Dump the same exact mallets at a raid boss for years on end? Buy three or four of a 10-dose pot and use them forever?

I can't imagine that we want the same on red?

If you want to change the way players can be bound, add more bind spots like NK gypsies and the wall at OT. That's going to be a much smaller change to the game than allowing recharges.

Just wanted to highlight what I thought was a great post by a person who is not as invested/Bias as maybe some of the rest of us. High five DrK
Old 03-19-2015, 08:54 PM
Banned

Bringing recharging back would be devistating to the PvP, a lot of very beneficial items are still in place (healing items come to mind), along with golem wands and gate potions which are still very valuable in PvP, and they will be abused.

Being forced to farm for these items is GREAT, it means you have to invest the time if you want the reward, and it also forces MORE pvp to take place, battles over CT pots, golem wands, and Ice giants are great fun and pretty reliable source of PvP, why would anyone want that taken away?

NO to recharging

------

also great post by Drkvothe
Last edited by vouss; 03-19-2015 at 08:56 PM..
Old 03-19-2015, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When my blue shaman gets in trouble I use a WC cap, run to rivervale, and recharge my cap with a recharge alt camped at a merchant for a total cost of ~200pp. I can then gate back and proceed to continue with whatever I was attempting to do.

Item recharge was never good for blue. Sure it's convenient, but it pretty dramatically changes the game from the way it was meant to be. 2 puppet strings means your entire guild can get OT hammer without faction work? Dump the same exact mallets at a raid boss for years on end? Buy three or four of a 10-dose pot and use them forever?

I can't imagine that we want the same on red?

If you want to change the way players can be bound, add more bind spots like NK gypsies and the wall at OT. That's going to be a much smaller change to the game than allowing recharges.
definitely not classic experience. keep that BS off of red.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
definitely not classic experience. keep that BS off of red.
Was a classic mechanic and plenty of threads from 2010 2011 agree with it. As does the Devs.

The question is whether red99 should have more custom mechanics for a whiny population or a classic experience for true everquesters.
Closed Thread