Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 06:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodletter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't have an AON but from the sounds of this thread and the thread regarding an alleged RMT-AON situation i'd say just make them no drop.... two birds, one stone... of course noone WITH an AON will want that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saludeen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see why people reject the idea of adding nameplates. Nameplates are a part of the game and it makes no sense to have an illusion that removes them. I support making it no drop too, but maybe that's going too far. namesplates would be good enough without affecting any "classic feel". Its not like their adding a target ring, which i'm against.
part of me wants pure classic pvp.. but part of me understands the need to change things to make pvp work a little better.

Would be tottally against the no drop change, that is way too far. If ever there was a concern that changing things to make pvp a little more balanced was a slippery slope.. no drop aons would be the result of slipping down that slope.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:16 PM
Aviak

Id love to see name plates, fights with 40+40 skelly's looks silly and the item itself is still priceless and powerful with them. I see no issue adding name plates.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
part of me wants pure classic pvp.. but part of me understands the need to change things to make pvp work a little better.

Would be tottally against the no drop change, that is way too far. If ever there was a concern that changing things to make pvp a little more balanced was a slippery slope.. no drop aons would be the result of slipping down that slope.
We've already made custom changes to provide a more classic environment when people used known mechanics not widely used on classic to make this server unclassic.

That is exactly what AON is doing it's making a classic environment unclassic.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

It's funny, Colgate tried to lure some of us back to the server last fall with a video of < Holocaust > vs < Azrael > in seb with a giant AoN battle with over 100 people. That alone kept me away from the server for an extra month at least.

If my vote counted I would say add nameplates, but meh.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kringe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wtf is this guy even talking about lol..
No Idea Kringe....never saw giant skelly battles on Tallon before nameplates were added.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yargage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who played on a zek server would understand the reason why AoN should remain the way it is.

It is the best item in the game for a reason.

Skeleton Illusion is one of the only defenses casters have vs overpowered melee.

Other guilds on the zek servers found ways to deal with everyone being a skelly in 100 vs 100 pvp battles.

I've just been lurking these forums since I have joined this server, all I see Lite do is bitch about everything like a little kid who sucks at monopoly so he just makes up new rules or cries.
This certainly never happened on Tallon Zek.

I do recall Pandemonium occasionally trading around their AoN's to turn everyone into a skelly. This was not a regular occurrence and most of the members didn't own one to re-apply mid fight. This may even have been after nameplates I dont remember.

If casters are having trouble surviving its because the melee hit mechanics on red are not classic.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft-X [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We've already made custom changes to provide a more classic environment when people used known mechanics not widely used on classic to make this server unclassic.

That is exactly what AON is doing it's making a classic environment unclassic.
sorry no, you and I disagree.

1 large scale war of all skellies a week, is not worth changing the item to be no drop.

no drop aons is more of an unclassic change than the former.

also handing around Aons, to your army is wayyyyyyyyyyyy more for lols. than some game winning strategy. come on guys use common sense here instead of rustle.
Last edited by iruinedyourday; 05-26-2015 at 06:31 PM..
Old 05-26-2015, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithlessKR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's funny, Colgate tried to lure some of us back to the server last fall with a video of < Holocaust > vs < Azrael > in seb with a giant AoN battle with over 100 people. That alone kept me away from the server for an extra month at least.

If my vote counted I would say add nameplates, but meh.
complete out of context tldr post

MUST BE SALT
Old 05-26-2015, 06:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yargage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was during PoP .
PoP pvp != Classic pvp.

They aren't even comparable in the slightest.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
On Vallon Zek it happened several times. It was during PoP so there were target rings, but AoN hide nameplates which stopped people from telling what team they were on.

A bunch of people from my guild including myself took all our plat and transfered to the legend server (Stormhammer?) and bought a bunch of AoNs and shield of the immaculates and transfered them back to VZ.

Hiding your nameplate on a teams server was a big deal.
Nameplates were added to skeleton form in Luclin only 35 days into it and mentioned in the January 2002 patch notes.

Fyi Luclin was the xpac before PoP.

Quote:
January 8, 2002 3:00 am
------------------------------

- A player character will always have a name over its head, even if
they are skeletons (unless /shownames is off), with the exception of
some rare cases when players are turned into certain NPCs
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...es-2002-1.html
Last edited by Kergan; 05-26-2015 at 06:43 PM.. Reason: added prof
Closed Thread