Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 03:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d (shaere) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But when the server split came, things started to change. I went to drinal, and guilds from mith marr came, to escape from MM and afterlife, and well.. I was glad to have at least experienced the early days on Tunare.
Funny, I was just reading an old thread on the Tunare board a few weeks back that somebody had bumped (gotta make my checks back there once or twice a year) on all the drama that came with the split. I wasn't too into the raid scene back then, and I'm sure you already know this, but was interesting reading how a lot of people left because they felt Talisman / Krieger were trying to change Tunare from a server that used the old open raid system to one ruled by a couple elite guilds.

And... they were right. Open raids continued for a while in the planes and for old dragons and whatnot, but for the most part in raid content Velious+ it was Talisman and Krieger (though not together but competing) and then everybody else. People tried to form other big guilds to compete, and open raiding was pretty dead.

Interestingly, when Tunare and E`Ci merged the public raiding system from E`Ci that was already mentioned above came to Tunare heh.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:21 AM
Sarnak

I cant give as fair assessment. Coming from Rallos Zek, we didnt have the insane amount of poopsockers that are here on P99. If people tried to poopsock something like they do here, they got smacked up and shipped out. Only the strong survived and typically the poopsockers werent rollin with killer instinct.
Sslaythe (30 Iksar shaman) Leader of the Harbingers of Thule
Old 03-17-2011, 04:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't a big raider way back when (played before Kunark and through velious) but I am curious to know, were raid zones/bosses like hate and fear so heavily camped?

I don't even raid here yet but it seems like things are killed almost as soon as they pop.
no, cause on live we would have been already in kunark for half a year [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-17-2011, 04:50 AM
Aviak

All I remember on Veeshan, was FoH dominance, no one really competed. There was no rotation, first in force got the kill. I hate to say it but rotations are for sissys, its part of what is missing from MMO's now a days at least in my point of view, a big part of EQ's fun was mobilizing to get a kill and then getting that kill. It seemed alot more epic. Beating someone to the punch.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:36 AM
Aviak

i used to love those open raids on tunare, im sure i remember a booking system later on to, as a euro i remember staying up till like 5am on my 1st naggy raid, scary as hell.

I loved all the fear and hate raids but the euro community got ruined by a few dictators on power trips during kunark trying to keep up with all the big guilds, merged all the guilds to one 'inspiring' you to level over guild chat and crap, ruined the game for me and i quit shortly after luclin.

i still remember all the drama though, basically everyone slagging that warrior thogg off iirc. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-17-2011, 08:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't a big raider way back when (played before Kunark and through velious) but I am curious to know, were raid zones/bosses like hate and fear so heavily camped?

I don't even raid here yet but it seems like things are killed almost as soon as they pop.
The raiding guilds on Brell were mature enough to work out a scheduling system.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Kobold

Lanys T'Vyl had a very active forum & the server community was kinda built around that. Soul Assassins/Conquest/Vision??, Tri Airs, and Inner Circle/Fire dominated most raid content till late Kunark/Velious but they weren't locking lower tier guilds out of content just for the hell of it. We used a calendar system that was located on the community forums and it was honored for the most part even by the hardcore Soul Assassins. Open raids were very common, Xkhanx <Bears of Oboo> iirc lead a lot of open raids on Vox/Naggy.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Prexus had a rotation system through classic and at the beginning of Kunark. KTF, Unity, Nameless Order controlled the rotation; guilds could attempt to join the rotation once per a cycle, if you failed to down the particular mob you had to wait for another cycle to complete. After Kunark had been out for a few months, the reality of a rotation system quickly reached its head. When some people realized that they may see get 1 Trakanon/VS every 3 months (i.e. guilds would stay on the rotation for trivial content to keep others out a.k.a. Trakanon and VP keys). Shortly after the first FCFS Trakanon, the rotation system fell apart and Prexus became a FCFS server (for the better I believe).
Old 03-17-2011, 10:15 AM
Sarnak

I was on Prexus. I actually believe it was due to new content like POP and smaller groups able to kill bigger things. Pharming Hate and Fear for gems with a single group etc.

I did experience alot of tense moments with some of the Luclin raid events. A couple of times other guilds sent in a breaker to agro and wipe the raid then another guild moved in and assumed control of the raid. Without proof, little could be done about it. It really sucked. The guild I was in spent so much time getting everyone keyed for the Shissar and we got into the rotation. I.E. No one appeared to be interested in this mob at the time. Or so we thought. Another guild showed up after us and while we were buffing and clearing trash they sent in an untagged breaker and people started getting summoned, deaded, it was nasty. Took several hours to clean up. All our work on keying and have it end like that. Was tough.

I'm not quite understanding keeping a lock on a specific mob rotation though. If there are X number of guilds capable of doing the mob, x number of guilds should get a shot at it. Keeping it locked by fanning out keys to random people or destroying them seems pretty weak.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:31 AM
Sarnak

I wasn't an officer in my guild, but once Luclin hit, the top guilds had worked out a deal for Vex Thal. There were 3 or 4 in the rotation, and new guilds needed to prove themselves to be able to negotiate into the rotation. I think you needed to clear several things in Ssra Temple to get into the conversation.