Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2022, 04:15 PM
Fire Giant

My Dark Elf Magician armed with just focus items took the following route, using solely water or air pets. I used platinum gained from camps to fund Research so I could make my own pet spells. My method for killing was summon my strongest pet using trash greens to see my pet's max hit (reclaim until max was up), damage shield pet, kill 2-3 mobs per cycle (or more) doing a bit above 35% to less than 40% total mob health damage from Direct Damage spells. I let the pet and the neutral source damage shield do the rest, and get full exp. I always researched the Wiki for a given mob's max health. My magician had a Smoldering Brand so I did melee until lvl 8.

lvl 1-4 Janam & Rebby note passing in Freeport to be able to buy / sell / bank in freeport.
lvl 4-10 Butcherblock skeletons near the druid ring and the yellow tower.
lvl 10-16 Butcherblock 4 spawn dwarf bandit camp / 3 spawn orc camp near each other.
lvl 16-20 I was going to do the Lesser Faydark sister camp, but opted for Iksar Brigand 4 spawn camp in Lake of Ill omen at some ruins between lake and Cabilis.
lvl 20-24 All the Wood Elf Rangers & Scouts I could melt in Timorous Deep.
lvl 24-26 Miller 2 spawn camp in Qeynos Hills.
lvl 26-36 Sword Sisters in Ocean of Tears.
lvl 36-42 Guard Pryde & Friend at guard tower in West Karana
lvl 42-49 Dorfs at the docks in Butcherblock
lvl 49-51 human rogue & eruidite paladin on the shore of the Wizard Tower island in Lake Rathe near the Rathe Mountain zone in side.

The majority of the above locations have access to beta neutral vendors. I didn't do the pet summon / send in / reclaim / kill with weak nuke method. Just the damage shield + nuke method above aiming for efficiency of the damage shield, pet damage, and my own nukes to just barely get the full experience kill. Speed is of the essence. Getting 2-3 mobs dead in less than a minute and then medding to full = faster respawns, more kills per hour.

Levels 44-49 were a complete joke thanks to having the elemental DoT spell from Velious. Damage shield strongest 44 air pet, send at a dwarf, immediately DoT the dwarf, sit and med, wait until the dorf is at 10% health left, back pet off, let the last tick or two of the DoT finish dwarf, full exp. I was able to keep the entire dock cleared at all times and get max loot which pissed off some druids hoping to get in a quad kite.

I actually had a druid say "I want to share the spawns. you can't have them all." to which I graciously said "absolutely fine with me. There's 7 total spawns. 2 shore dwarves, 2 dwarves on the piers, 2 in the huts, and a paladin over the wall. I was here first so we can split them. I'll take the 2 on the shore and the two in the Huts. You can have the 2 on the piers and the paladin over the wall. Enjoy."

They declined my generous offer. Doing the above method and route though was extremely fast, safe, mostly uncontested experience with good loot.
Old 01-19-2022, 05:41 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah the dwarves are incredible 40-49.
Old 01-26-2022, 04:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My Dark Elf Magician armed with just focus items took the following route, using solely water or air pets. I used platinum gained from camps to fund Research so I could make my own pet spells. My method for killing was summon my strongest pet using trash greens to see my pet's max hit (reclaim until max was up), damage shield pet, kill 2-3 mobs per cycle (or more) doing a bit above 35% to less than 40% total mob health damage from Direct Damage spells. I let the pet and the neutral source damage shield do the rest, and get full exp. I always researched the Wiki for a given mob's max health. My magician had a Smoldering Brand so I did melee until lvl 8.

lvl 1-4 Janam & Rebby note passing in Freeport to be able to buy / sell / bank in freeport.
lvl 4-10 Butcherblock skeletons near the druid ring and the yellow tower.
lvl 10-16 Butcherblock 4 spawn dwarf bandit camp / 3 spawn orc camp near each other.
lvl 16-20 I was going to do the Lesser Faydark sister camp, but opted for Iksar Brigand 4 spawn camp in Lake of Ill omen at some ruins between lake and Cabilis.
lvl 20-24 All the Wood Elf Rangers & Scouts I could melt in Timorous Deep.
lvl 24-26 Miller 2 spawn camp in Qeynos Hills.
lvl 26-36 Sword Sisters in Ocean of Tears.
lvl 36-42 Guard Pryde & Friend at guard tower in West Karana
lvl 42-49 Dorfs at the docks in Butcherblock
lvl 49-51 human rogue & eruidite paladin on the shore of the Wizard Tower island in Lake Rathe near the Rathe Mountain zone in side.

The majority of the above locations have access to beta neutral vendors. I didn't do the pet summon / send in / reclaim / kill with weak nuke method. Just the damage shield + nuke method above aiming for efficiency of the damage shield, pet damage, and my own nukes to just barely get the full experience kill. Speed is of the essence. Getting 2-3 mobs dead in less than a minute and then medding to full = faster respawns, more kills per hour.

Levels 44-49 were a complete joke thanks to having the elemental DoT spell from Velious. Damage shield strongest 44 air pet, send at a dwarf, immediately DoT the dwarf, sit and med, wait until the dorf is at 10% health left, back pet off, let the last tick or two of the DoT finish dwarf, full exp. I was able to keep the entire dock cleared at all times and get max loot which pissed off some druids hoping to get in a quad kite.

I actually had a druid say "I want to share the spawns. you can't have them all." to which I graciously said "absolutely fine with me. There's 7 total spawns. 2 shore dwarves, 2 dwarves on the piers, 2 in the huts, and a paladin over the wall. I was here first so we can split them. I'll take the 2 on the shore and the two in the Huts. You can have the 2 on the piers and the paladin over the wall. Enjoy."

They declined my generous offer. Doing the above method and route though was extremely fast, safe, mostly uncontested experience with good loot.
I'm so confused why you'd use the air pet. I can count on 1 finger (34 through 38) that he should have been my choice of pet. The camps you mentioned I'd only debate using him 49 to 51. Either dps and buzzsaw with the water pet or try to get full xp with the fire pet, imo
Old 01-26-2022, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReoDobbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm so confused why you'd use the air pet. I can count on 1 finger (34 through 38) that he should have been my choice of pet. The camps you mentioned I'd only debate using him 49 to 51. Either dps and buzzsaw with the water pet or try to get full xp with the fire pet, imo
That seems odd to me too, but he mentioned doing the Paladin, and push (which the air pet is best at) used to interrupt casting. So maybe that was the best pet at the time because he was fighting a caster?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread