Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Kobold

First char was a cleric on RZ. Moorpheus (masochist I know)
Then played Valkos. Druid on Innoruuk through the merger with Nameless.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:39 AM
Orc

Believe I went human paladin with first character. I remember my best friend went wood elf so I ventured across the ocean of tears and butcherblock (died several times) to reach him. I remember I met a bard along the way that led me to Kelethin. Running by felwithe the first time he told me it was a little further to tree town and the rest is history. Kelethin became my home after creating my ranger even though Freeport was the first thing I saw.

Also remember getting my hands on a rusty halberd and losing my corpse. I went through great lengths to get that thing back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

oh I played a wiz I think too...zytone. Been using that name also for a long time.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Kobold

Lunatic L'Over - Warrior
Flicka Divine - Cleric

The Nameless!
Old 06-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Sarnak

Jonn (First character ever 2 weeks after launch of the game) - Paladin
Kainzo (A few months later when I had to recreate due to that character being on my bro-in-law's account) Paladin

Both were on the Rathe server
Old 06-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Orc

Recognising a few of the VZ names. Started a Halfling Druid on VZ back in '99 sometime named Rigess. Only ever got him to the mid 30's but spent a lot of time just running around enjoying myself with him. Moved to other servers to play with rl mates, quit live not long after Dragons of Norrath.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

first on live was Arkenius, paladin on Povar

i used to twink noobs when i was lvl 15 with leather armor, wasting all of my platinum usually. I also would spend hours attempting to power level lowbies..
I was such a badass at level 15. ahh good times.
Last edited by Maurk; 06-05-2010 at 01:38 PM..
Old 06-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

I remember my first days on EQ like it was yesterday. First char ever, Caeggan Halfling Warrior whom I got to lvl 35...and made some unfortunate decisions. I was 13 at the time believe it was early 2001, and I had quite sullied my reputation on Torvon and if I recall stole an Wyrmy from someone under the guise of using it to tank GR in HK. The entire guild of Wicked Brew, I think that was the guild and I am probably exagerating in saying "entire", blacklisted my wee warrior. I knew I had no future on Caeggan so I rerolled my Dark Elf Magician, Tinilil X'Tyvl. I cherished that character and eventually went on to become one of the only magicians with max Ally faction Sarnak. People would whisper me offers to CoTH their raids to ChardokB it wax glorious. I quit during POP after half a year in college but so many great memories. This is also the first time I have come clean about my forced reroll back then for my actions, EQ taught me to respect others I felt so guilty about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Orc

Quote:
and to those that remember...
Zaredi the War Kitten
I remember!

http://yfrog.com/edzaredij

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle View Post
Is that what this server is comprised of? The forgotten children of EverQuest addicts?

What have we done?
Old 06-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rali [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember!

http://yfrog.com/edzaredij

*SQUEE*
Zaredi the War Kitten
Old 06-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Aviak

I played on Xev. I bought the game in 2001 or 2002 (whenever Kunark came out), installed it, logged-in and made a wood-elf ranger. Within 5 minutes of logging-in I fell off a platform in Kelethin and died. I said to myself "This game sucks," logged-out, and didn't try to play again until about 6 months later. I don't remember the name.

The second time I made a barbarian warrior. I made it to lvl 3 and got trained and died somewhere. I couldn't find my corpse, died two more times trying, said to myself "This game sucks," and didn't play again for another month or so. His name was Womak.

The third time was the charm. I made a half-elf ranger and played him to 50. It took about a year to get there as I'm no power-gamer. That was Rinaldi. It helped that my brother started playing on my third attempt as a shaman named Womack and he kept me alive...a tough task.
Last edited by SpartanEQ; 06-07-2010 at 07:15 PM..
Closed Thread