Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 09:08 PM
Developer

Its set to like 0.5% chance to be left behind.

So it is a low chance to happen.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:37 PM
Fire Giant

Maybe up it a little, spice up our evacuations.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It already does this. It was more like 10% of the time. 50% is riduculous.
10% chance to be left behind for any player means close to 50% that one person out of the full group gets left behind.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:02 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
10% chance to be left behind for any player means close to 50% that one person out of the full group gets left behind.
At 0.5% per person, thats 3% someone is left behind. I made it annoying. But not too often. I lacked solid numbers on an actual fail rate. So I totally guessed.

The general rule, if people complain too much, its probably too high. If they never complain, likely too low.

H
Old 07-17-2017, 09:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At 0.5% per person, thats 3% someone is left behind. I made it annoying. But not too often. I lacked solid numbers on an actual fail rate. So I totally guessed.

The general rule, if people complain too much, its probably too high. If they never complain, likely too low.

H
To be clear I'm not endorsing the 10% view. I played back then but I honestly don't remember what the left behind percentage was like. It never stuck out to me as much of an issue. The first time I had it happen here it was like "oh yeah that could happen." NFI if the single char % should be 1% or 10%.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaser8 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What exactly happened to cancel magic? I can't dispel damage shields anymore with it. A goblin boneslaver in droga was kicking the ass of my 56 necro because of it.
+1
Old 07-17-2017, 02:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PL_Barton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Search the forum for SAVOK.....download the DEFAULT UI from his post. Replace your UI folder with it. Relaunch.....there are some sweet adjustments/mods in his post you can incorporate.
Thanks for the advice. I wasn't able to download the default UI file from the link (it might be expired?!) so I just went ahead and reinstalled the entire game, so issue resolved.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:49 PM
Decaying Skeleton

After repeated downloads and extractions I keep getting a error saying my spell files are out of date.

I checked the main directory and Resources and all the spell related files have a new date so I am confused.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:18 PM
Orc

Hi guys, thank you for the update. Glad to be able to play this wonderful game. Maybe you already know, but there are a couple of things I wasn't sure you were aware of that I thought you might want to hear. Nothing big. In a few zones since the v45 update, the daytime sky is black where is was not before. And, on a few quests, the npc dialogue doesn't come after saying the magic words to them. The hand-ins still work without going thru the dialogue tho. When the magic words are said, the npc will still jerk his body towards you like he hears you, he just doesn't reply with his scripted lines. It happened a few times, but I was just exploring around Qeynos and some other places near there. I'm sure it would be more helpful if I could remember which npcs they were. Sorry about that. It was several of them just while I was messing around. I should've written it down, I suppose. :/
Old 07-17-2017, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavis522 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi guys, thank you for the update. Glad to be able to play this wonderful game. Maybe you already know, but there are a couple of things I wasn't sure you were aware of that I thought you might want to hear. Nothing big. In a few zones since the v45 update, the daytime sky is black where is was not before. And, on a few quests, the npc dialogue doesn't come after saying the magic words to them. The hand-ins still work without going thru the dialogue tho. When the magic words are said, the npc will still jerk his body towards you like he hears you, he just doesn't reply with his scripted lines. It happened a few times, but I was just exploring around Qeynos and some other places near there. I'm sure it would be more helpful if I could remember which npcs they were. Sorry about that. It was several of them just while I was messing around. I should've written it down, I suppose. :/
These may or may not get noticed here. If you want to be sure that they get seen by the developers you should post them in the bugs section of the forum (and I'm sure they'd appreciate it if you made a separate post for each issue).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread