Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 11-26-2023, 04:16 PM
Large Rat

Default New and being called dumb

I thought this game was friendly and im trying to kill spiders to get silk to make my self armor and im getting called dumb and doesn't try and help me in any way...

[Sun Nov 26 13:57:27 2023] Slizzlemanizzle -> Domatello: Man you are dumb.
[Sun Nov 26 13:57:48 2023] Slizzlemanizzle -> Domatello: Youre literally wasting money and time being here lol.
[Sun Nov 26 13:57:54 2023] Slizzlemanizzle -> Domatello: Kurns is better xp and money
[Sun Nov 26 13:58:02 2023] Domatello -> Slizzlemanizzle: and i need silk
[Sun Nov 26 13:58:10 2023] Slizzlemanizzle -> Domatello: Again you can buy silk with money
[Sun Nov 26 13:58:16 2023] Domatello -> Slizzlemanizzle: do you have silk i can buy?
[Sun Nov 26 13:58:23 2023] Domatello -> Slizzlemanizzle: where?
[Sun Nov 26 13:59:12 2023] Domatello -> Slizzlemanizzle: none of the vendors sell silk
[Sun Nov 26 13:59:21 2023] Slizzlemanizzle -> Domatello: You buy it from players
[Sun Nov 26 13:59:47 2023] Domatello -> Slizzlemanizzle: ok well i dont have any money and dont know where players sellfing stuff is
[Sun Nov 26 13:59:54 2023] Slizzlemanizzle -> Domatello: Either way youll be repalcing cured silk in a few lvls anyway
[Sun Nov 26 14:00:02 2023] Domatello -> Slizzlemanizzle: so your not really helping /ignore
[Sun Nov 26 14:00:08 2023] Slizzlemanizzle -> Domatello: Lol youre dumb
Old 11-26-2023, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

Sad to see this. Most of the community IS helpful and friendly, but there's a subset that likes to troll and talk down to people, seemingly at every opportunity.

The irony of an experienced player not recognizing someone who is clearly new and calling the newbie dumb is pretty /facepalm

While there's definitely portions of the population are like this, most arent.

What server are you on?
Old 11-26-2023, 06:02 PM
Sarnak

You won't see many of them. They are generally avoided by the main population.
Old 11-27-2023, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

That guy just wanted to collect silk to sell, and was annoyed you were already there. I hope you filled your inventory so you could work on tailoring while you were at it.

-Mcoy
Old 11-27-2023, 11:07 AM
Large Rat

I'm on green, just enjoying the journey. I'm not in a rush to max level and wanted some silk armor for my iskar monk.

Looks like there are some really good armor up at 150 to 180 skill and I'm about 70. I think skilling will go faster once I get past this silk face mask as it's the only thing to make from skill 30 to 90 ish so lots of failures. Or that's what I'm telling my self.

Some kind soul did give me a staff and boots, that really fit Domatello's cosplay. I just wish people would be more understanding.

I've been think of traveling on the boat now that I have feign death, but I'm worried I won't be able to bank or sell anywhere else. So I'm trying to get ready for my first big adventure with some decent gear. Saved some Plat and maybe after I make some bags?

I heard about doing sneak and FD behind npc but I'm worried about getting one shot by guards.

Anyway it's the adventure and I'm in no rush.

Cheers
Dom
Old 11-27-2023, 01:59 PM
Large Rat

I'm on green, just enjoying the journey. I'm not in a rush to max level and wanted some silk armor for my iskar monk.

Looks like there are some really good armor up at 150 to 180 skill and I'm about 70. I think skilling will go faster once I get past this silk face mask as it's the only thing to make from skill 30 to 90 ish so lots of failures. Or that's what I'm telling my self.

Some kind soul did give me a staff and boots, that really fit Domatello's cosplay. I just wish people would be more understanding.

I've been think of traveling on the boat now that I have feign death, but I'm worried I won't be able to bank or sell anywhere else. So I'm trying to get ready for my first big adventure with some decent gear. Saved some Plat and maybe after I make some bags?

I heard about doing sneak and FD behind npc but I'm worried about getting one shot by guards.

Cheers
Dom
Old 11-27-2023, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

You do you. Its 24 year old elf sim.
Old 11-27-2023, 05:29 PM
Aviak

People take this game way too seriously, don't let it get to you man.
Old 11-27-2023, 06:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikes2020 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cheers
Dom
Hopping on the boat is definitely a fun adventure! I'd consider loading up with a lot of food so you don't have to immediately worry about finding a vendor. That said, sneak should work pretty well, like you mentioned, as long as you stay behind the vendor. DO watch out for guards though, as you mentioned. There's a vendor in West Karana neat the Qeynos Hills zone line that should be pretty safe. She's a left turn from the zone line.

Something I'd try to do is get a bind on Antonica pretty quickly after you arrive. Having to CR from Kinark is a giant drag!
Old 11-28-2023, 01:36 PM
Kobold

A good time to remember the injured dog analogy...If you were to encounter an injured dog and attempted to approach it to help, the dog would be very aggressive towards you because it feels hurt and vulnerable and is trying to fight for its life.

People are the same. When someone treats you like garbage always remember it has nothing to do with you. They are hurt or broken on the inside and its a fight response they are projecting outward. You should simply feel sorry for someone who is so broken that they are resorting to talking shit to someone in a 24 year old online video game. The sad reality is for a lot of people on here P99/EQ is the only thing they have in life.

As someone else pointed out more than likely this was someone that was trying to farm a bunch of silk for themselves and instead of being good at the game they trade to prey on a newer plan. Unfortunately this is engrained in P99 culture all the way up to the end game where guilds try to gatekeep from eachother.

Now that we have that out of the way a few helpful things for you:
  • East Commonlands is the zone players go to buy/sell from each other there is a tunnel there where most player to player trading is done.
  • There is a guild called dial-a-port. Taking the boat is pretty rough (takes forever). If you really enjoy the ride go for it but if you're trying to get someone else in the world and want to get there more easily type "/w all dial". Its customary to tip 1pp per level of your character for a port but often times they will give rides to newer players for free.
  • When using sneak you can con an NPC to see if its working or not (C key or right click by default) the mob should change from your default faction to indifferently when sneaking successfully. Also remember that sneak only works if you're not in the mobs view so be careful. After you con the mob and determine you are indifferent to them, walking directly infront of them will still trigger agro as the sneak no longer works in their line of sight.