Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archestratie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does it have the population of P99?
The half life of Hidden Forest players is generally shorter than P1999, that's not to say a massive amount of people haven't pass through the server since its inception, many dumping large amount of cash into donated gear (which is upgraded with each expansion thus always best in slot)

Go look at their website, specifically the guild progression area and imagine each guild comprising between 5 and 20 people, the vast majority with at least the $50 epic weapon donation and many of the "cutting edge" progression guilds possessing MT's with entire sets of donation gear.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

The Hidden Forest sounds interesting, is it any fun?
Old 03-26-2014, 01:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daysprung [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wont miss your stupid avatar popping up on my screen when I'm trying to browse the forums at work. Shithead. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya, finally had to put him on ignore bc don't want people thinking I'm watching pron at work.

Guild Leader of <Asgard> The home of the gods!
Lightyear/Artah
Old 03-26-2014, 01:47 PM
Sarnak

Yeah it a lot of fun but not really eq anymore. It's basically a custom game with eq classes and zones. There is a massive exp bonus, planar gear and epics basically from level 1 and boxing.

Most of it is instances so guild competition is based on actually completing the custom content, not poop socking.

If your looking for a change I'd recommend it and there is actually a decent community. Most people 2 or 3 box so its prolly best with a friend to duo with until you get to raid content where you will average 10-12 RL players.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:50 PM
Sarnak

Trash in Crushbone drops jboots and mana stones and stuff. It's pretty entertaining although due to the nature of the custom content, all that stud is way less beneficial than you'd think.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunomia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These things take time. If we jumped the gun on banning someone without being certain, you'd complain we acted too fast. It really is an investigation. People here are busy. Busy with the responsibilities here as well as job and families.
What!!?? That's crazy!!! The only ones who have real life responsibilities are the people who RMT. Don't you know that??? C'mon man!
Old 03-26-2014, 01:57 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There seems to be a lot of confusion over this.

Only 2 people were exploiting. We banned every account they had logged into over the course of ~3 years, even if it was only a single time. When the actual owners of the accounts petitioned, we dropped the bans to suspensions on a case-by-case basis, so long as the account was clean and had a limited number of logins from one of the people who exploited.

If we had thought leadership or a larger portion of the guild was involved, we would have disbanded the guild and held leadership responsible.

The exploiters themselves got not only their accounts permanently banned, but also a number of accounts that weren't even theirs banned as well (based on high # of logins)

So, yes, I'd say that's substantially worse.
I retract my statement if this was the case. I appreciate you taking the time to clear that up Derubael.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

P99 staffers keep more records on your login habbits than the US government does! ha!
Old 03-26-2014, 02:08 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the 'real damage' from both RMT and exploits is very different. RMT has the ability to get the server shut down. Exploits only affect the server on a local level (until someone decides to RMT exploited items/money). Sony is not going to care if people are duping on the server for the sake of duping, but I'm fairly confident they would give a few shits if people are making RL money off their game. This may or may not be the thinking behind the GMs actions, as I believe anyone that can be confirmed to have exploited and/or RMT are all perma banned, but it's a logical explanation for your proposed disparity.
If this is true and Sony has heavy hand in the compliance aspect of this server (or at least tries to make things difficult for P1999 staff in regards to RMT entities) this is an answer that most questioning this case logic concerning RMT vs. Exploit punishments can understand. Thanks for the insight. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-26-2014, 02:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faywind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best part of this all is people literally threw away money, only to get banned. The butt hurt in this thread is quite evident.

Makes me feel warm inside...
Closed Thread