Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 01-26-2022, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The next wave the news says is more catching than omni pretty sure the news knows nothing but how could it be more catching than omni lol that's like saying "air will be covid" next time
How do people see that and not question how the news would even know the characteristics of a hypothetical strain? How do people not see that this is all bullshit? I swear to allah we need another extinction event
Old 01-26-2022, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this action well-received by providers?
Yes because you are getting paid straight away and don't have deal with stuff like electronic remittance advice. The industry standard is about a third off the actual price. That 'discount' obviously varies widely depending on what is being billed and geographic location. Typically, smaller bills and procedures mean smaller discounts, larger bills and procedures are larger discounts.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

My understanding is this is our medical system:

The insurance companies negotiate with the hospitals to lower the cost of things, the more customers the insurance companies have, the lower they can get the prices.

But to make it so the hospitals dont have to pay a "negotiated price" and instead pay the price they would ask for something without negotiation... they tack on huge $ amounts to their costs.

Then the insurance companies negotiate to lower the price and end up only getting rid of what the hospital tacked on and they end up paying what we would be paying if we didnt have insurance negotiating, or competition. Just what the hospital wanted from the get go.

(So to be loud and clear, this negotiation is a lie and literally has a net positive effect on all costs - 110% win for the hospitals - free money for insurance companies - higher prices for the patients)

This country needs an enema. Where's Roby when you need him! GET TO WORK!
Old 01-26-2022, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes because you are getting paid straight away and don't have deal with stuff like electronic remittance advice. The industry standard is about a third off the actual price. That 'discount' obviously varies widely depending on what is being billed and geographic location. Typically, smaller bills and procedures mean smaller discounts, larger bills and procedures are larger discounts.

Well alright then.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:48 PM
Banned

I am "covered" on my wifes plan, which she pays for her out of her check and we settle at the end of each month, but here's the cool part

Her company got it filed so that she pays but we havent received info yet and their HR person doesn't respond to emails or calls, so we are effectively uninsured until we get that info lmao love having employers involved in healthcare

I suspect some certain folks in this thread have, uh, limited experience with economic hardship
Last edited by robayon; 01-26-2022 at 01:50 PM..
Old 01-26-2022, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

I tried a cheaper plan and every time I went to the doctor for anything I had to pay so much I was like wtf! So i went back to my more expensive plan where you dont have to pay as much but I realized that I'm a sucker and so is everyone else because there is no difference between those plans as far as my wallet is concerned.

Not to mention the cheaper plan encourages people to NOT go tot he doctor for checkups so they have a blowout instead of a prescription.

Not that anyone or thousands of TV documentaries haven't said all of this before thousands of times and we keep sucking the reptoid dick. so this monologue is over.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:57 PM
Banned

I once got a $2000 or so bill for breast cancer scans

I do not have breasts

It took a lot of stupid shit to get that the hell off my credit report

Love having my credit score in the hands of those three companies despite never having consented to giving them any information at all
Old 01-26-2022, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

if my parents are a metric for every 1 of us 2 people are creating about 2 million dollars worth of transactions every 10 years between the hospitals and medicare system.
Old 01-26-2022, 02:04 PM
Fire Giant

Does anyone remember, when you had like a $40 copay, and went to the doctor, you'd just fuckin swipe your card and that was it? Where the fuck did that go? Why do those bills have to go to my health insurance company, we already made an agreement, that's the whole point of a copay.

Does anyone know why that is no longer a thing? I remember like 10 years ago going to an ENT, paying my copay, seeing the ENT, leaving, and that was as complicated as my interaction with doctors had to be.
Old 01-26-2022, 02:13 PM
Banned

Obamacare was a half-assed measure and I assume the modern bureaucratic nightmare of medical procedure billing is a long-game form of revenge on the populace by executives from the health insurance industry who are all those frat guys with pink polo shirts and they like golf