Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can i have ur autograph?
SoRrY yOu DoN't HaVe 1

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 09-17-2019, 11:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's one of the panels, or it might have been the introduction at the beginning of the day. Not the panel I was on though. This one is being lead by Holly. The one I was on was lead by Linda Carlson (Brasse the Dwarf).
The pannel was at comicon right? I was trying to find it around then to see if I could see it live but never could, was wondering how it went? Did you get to talk to a bunch of people about how awesome this EMU is and like tell them how cool we are and stuff? And also be like "see I run a better game I'm smarter than you all"
Old 09-18-2019, 01:18 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SoRrY yOu DoN't HaVe 1

img
I completely forgot I did that o.O

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-06-2019, 10:46 AM
Skeleton

Will there be no red/green server?

I understand that the population on red is minimal, but a new server would bring back a lot of old time players who don't enjoy the simple PVE setup - but also do not want to be backseat to everyone on red who has/had a decade to get a leg up.

Personally, playing SZ the team idea was a great memory for me, but I also played a bit of RZ and that item looting was a blast as well. Many other options and I honestly don't remember all the rules of the other pvp servers.

An additional thought to this is server population on green. It is going to be insane, at least for a few months. Rolling out the new red server too would surly split up the pop some. Would the be a reason to not release red/green/purple? I'm sure having 2-4k in noob zones when considering original EQ with lack of zone choice would be plenty! What happens if we see 8k? Is 'purple' a contingency plan if green has 'too much' success?
Old 10-06-2019, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This has already been addressed several times in the last few weeks. There are plans for the PVP Community. We are not announcing or addressing them until after Green launches. It would be ridiculous to think that we'd shift our focus away from that at this time, or start talking about it prematurely and confuse the players coming for Green.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

/guildwar
Old 10-06-2019, 12:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Others have mostly answered this, but just the one thing you're maybe missing is that Blue doesn't need to "fire up only a pre Kunark era version", because it already had that version.

Although it was before your (and also my) time, the server originally started with vanilla, and the staff slowly added content on top (as Llandris mentioned, doing so carefully, in a way that could easily be "played forward" later). The reason Kunark took seven years here is that the staff was still fixing issues in Vanilla when it was first released, then they had fix everything in Kunark (which has multiple "eras"), and then they had to make Velious. Then it took almost four years after that for them to both fix everything and build the multiple Velious "eras".

If you join late like we did (me in Kunark, you in Velious I'm guessing) it looks like they jumped ahead, but really they've been building everything from Vanilla to Velious, brick by brick, the whole time.
Was going back through this thread and realized I had missed quite a few kind responses from yourselves.

Not sure about where you got the idea of my characters being post Kunkark/Velious as they are far from that.
It's precisely why I was dubious at best about how it would all work and now after reading the actual details, even more dubious.

Brick by brick is pointless when the foundations and the bricks are lined with unclassic changes and concepts.

I could stomach it :

If the carebear list system was not implemented.

and

If the Green > Blue forced migration did not let you take across an items that are nerfed, blocked, banned, removed etc. on Blue.
It's bad enough we're injecting more characters into Blue, with items that..hell I can't even finish this sentence. The more I try to reconcile this, the more I cannot even contemplate what the flying fu** they are possibly thinking.

Everyone I know and that we discuss Green with, as soon as they find out that not only are characters being pushed back into Blue, though they can take items with them, there's either a quick 'wtf?' or a long awkward silence, in which you can tell they're thinking 'wtf?'
It's the number one reason why Blue players won't bother with Green.

It's simple, green should be the real live classic EverQuest
  • No silly systems
  • No custom content
  • Patch release match the time line of release

You said yourselves, blue is like a test server and for me that is in the same vein as Basilisk is for SWG EMU. It should be 100% independent of whatever Green does.

What happened to ...

#nochanges
#classic
Last edited by Khaleesi; 10-06-2019 at 12:30 PM..
Old 10-06-2019, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

Think of Green like seasonal play and Blue is the permanent shard all the toons get dumped in and then never played again when the next season starts. Recycling Green at the end of the timeline is important for keeping Green feeling classic as possible and not dumb as fuck like Blue currently is after existing for ten years. However, people would complain if their seasonal toons poofed after the season was over, so sticking them on Blue seems like the best option.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Blue is like the p99 Plane of Knowledge.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The more I try to reconcile this, the more I cannot even contemplate what the flying fu** they are possibly thinking.
Seems obvious enough to me. The folks who run P99 want to reconcile their longstanding promises to never delete people's characters with the existence of the recycle server that resets every X often.

Danth
Closed Thread