Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 11:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelbor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The mage epic quest destroyed my desire to play my mage back in Classic. I had to farm burning embers for something like 53 hours before they finally dropped, and then I killed Innoruuk and, later when it moved, the Magi more than 20 times combined without ever seeing a staff drop. It was just so goddamn frustrating knowing that my class-defining ability was impossible for me to obtain that I couldn't enjoy the character anymore. I ended up sinking all my savings into a shaman twink and discovering that I liked that class more anyway.
Yeah I totally get it, when I play my mage I just know I'll never get the epic, and I'm fine with that. I was fortunate to find out how bad it was before I put in time like you did.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 12-21-2019, 11:52 PM
Planar Protector

1) mage / warrior
2) cleric / rogue
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 12-22-2019, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

The bard epic acting as every insturment is what makes it godlike. You don't need to swap and can fight while doing all actions, when previously your whole life you had to switch from Defensive spells + melee or offensive with instrument vs defensive with instrument. With the epic, you can just roll with whatever, and can always be adding your melee DPS where it wouldn't be allowed before.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

Being able to just rez everyone without having to med is huge for me. Otherwise rezzing a full group means 20+ minutes of medding. When I'm running around and hitting up places like Unrest and Mistmoore and other zones that frequently have a minefield of clickable corpses - those are the times I appreciate my epic the most. Thank you once again to all those that made it possible for me to have mine on Blue!

-Mcoy
Old 12-22-2019, 12:45 AM
Fire Giant

Coolest looking yet most useless is SK epic. I mean, it is fine and all, but not really worth the pain in the ass to acquire.

Bard, cleric, mage are best.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:58 AM
Sarnak

Cleric epic is the weakest grouping epic, providing nearly 0 utility to most groups and 0 unique abilities.

Cleric epic is the strongest raid epic, with the ability to camp a rez stick and log back when wipe is over and get the raid moving again.
Old 12-22-2019, 03:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelbor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The mage epic quest destroyed my desire to play my mage back in Classic. I had to farm burning embers for something like 53 hours before they finally dropped, and then I killed Innoruuk and, later when it moved, the Magi more than 20 times combined without ever seeing a staff drop. It was just so goddamn frustrating knowing that my class-defining ability was impossible for me to obtain that I couldn't enjoy the character anymore. I ended up sinking all my savings into a shaman twink and discovering that I liked that class more anyway.
In my opinion what's class defining for a mage is being able to choose the best pet for a given situation out of 4 very cool choices. Each with their pros and cons.
The epic takes this feature from the mage and you'll be using the epic pet exclusively.
That being said, the quest is too damn hard. Such bottle necks shouldn't exist in quests. Also they should have given the mage epic another clicky. Not sure what tho.
Old 12-22-2019, 04:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoojitsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my opinion what's class defining for a mage is being able to choose the best pet for a given situation out of 4 very cool choices. Each with their pros and cons.
The epic takes this feature from the mage and you'll be using the epic pet exclusively.
That being said, the quest is too damn hard. Such bottle necks shouldn't exist in quests. Also they should have given the mage epic another clicky. Not sure what tho.
Does it actually out dps the water pet backstabbing?
Old 12-22-2019, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Here’s a non-classic question.

Which class epic carries into the latest expansion without getting replaced by something else prior to epic 2.0’s.

I’m guessing bard and cleric?
Old 12-22-2019, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here’s a non-classic question.

Which class epic carries into the latest expansion without getting replaced by something else prior to epic 2.0’s.

I’m guessing bard and cleric?
Druid. No other leaf blower in game.