Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

Default HHK vileness

Woo this nonclassic zem in HHK has caused players to be the most vile people. The hostility.. the trains... the crying.. literally.. i seen a halfling crying in a corner over being bypassed on a group list because he afk'd to run to liquor store. People waiting 3 hours for a group because they can get 30-36 in a day there. What have we become?

Is there any end to this madness?
Old 12-18-2019, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i seen a halfling crying in a corner over being bypassed on a group list because he afk'd to run to liquor store.
Gotta stock up on that jumjum juice before you start your 18-hour play session... sounds like that halfing is an amateur!

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 12-18-2019, 01:25 PM
Aviak

I have been in the Gob group with 2 different characters and have been lead 3 times.

Some of the silly things I saw while been lead:

-People wanting into the group at lvl 25 and the Gobs are wrecking their face or spells not sticking.

- Having our Rogue DPS head out for the night and Cleric sitting on stairs throw a fit that he wants in.... Already have a Cleric and shammy in group so we don't need a 2nd Cleric.

- Prior group leader not passing on his list so now I have a hot mess on my hands because others are complaining they got skipped for invites.

- One night we had 5 people waiting on stairs for their turn to join. Out of the blue a random low lvl trained the Raider room and caused a semi wipe. Our Necro and SK FD while we ran to guards to try and clear out the mess. During that split second the 5 guys on the stairs try to take the Gob camp by force but our Necro and SK stood up and held it down for us.

To top it off the leader of the mini revolt was claiming to be next on list that it was all a joke.
Old 12-18-2019, 01:52 PM
Banned

Well, the stories sound classic...

The exp, not so much.

I started a month late so I imagine it’ll get nerfed right as I get into level range. Meanwhile, there’s boat loads of people who leveled to 50 there.

I wonder why this hasn’t been addressed?
Old 12-18-2019, 02:02 PM
Decaying Skeleton

People need to get over the idea that they're entitled to a group juts because you're on a list. If a group needs a DPS and you're a tank, too damn bad, sucks to be you.
Old 12-18-2019, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Group leader can curb that a little by setting expectations up front: "Added you to the list as a rep for DPS"

But yeah, if I'm a ranger and their cleric leaves, I know I'm gonna get skipped.

HOWEVER, if the guy sitting off to the side foraging rabbit meat and pods of water for the rest of the group leaves, I'm next up, and I get skipped over, I'm going to be a little miffed going completely off the rails posting a 5,000-word wall of text complete with logs and screenshots in RNF, along with embedded code that auto-plays an MP3 of Ozzy's "Crazy Train", ranting about such injustice and audacity that will inevitably backfire on me within the first page of replies.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 12-18-2019, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktoor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, the stories sound classic...

The exp, not so much.

I started a month late so I imagine it’ll get nerfed right as I get into level range. Meanwhile, there’s boat loads of people who leveled to 50 there.

I wonder why this hasn’t been addressed?
It's not really an issue with the ZEM EXP IMO. The real issue is that the Goblins are considered ONE camp on P99, whereas on live it was like 4 camps because it's roughly like 16 spawns with 12 minute respawn timers. On P99, when all those spawns belong to 1 group, which can essentially chain pull non-stop, the EXP is insane. If it were like it is on live where you're getting 3-4 mobs for your group (so, with 12 minute respawn timers, that's 15-20 mobs per hour as opposed to about 80 mobs per hour) the EXP would still be good but it wouldn't be NEARLY as good.

It's the way the camp is set up on P99 that makes the EXP so insane, not that HHK didn't have a good ZEM on live (because it frequently did).
Old 12-18-2019, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Woo this nonclassic zem in HHK has caused players to be the most vile people. The hostility.. the trains... the crying.. literally.. i seen a halfling crying in a corner over being bypassed on a group list because he afk'd to run to liquor store. People waiting 3 hours for a group because they can get 30-36 in a day there. What have we become?

Is there any end to this madness?
I'm curious, when do you decide when you personally apply the "classic" standard to things? Because I've seen you argue in threads for non-classic stuff, but then criticize other things as non-classic. Not trying to needle you at all; honestly just curious as to what your standard is.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Here and I thought this was going to be about killing guards. Disappointed.

Not having gob camp split into multiples makes the lower gobs kind of a waste since, I assume, they stop giving exp way before people leave the area due to out leveling the raider room.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 12-18-2019, 03:40 PM
Banned

made it to 40 with casual play without having to go into hhk once..

also been grouping since lvl 5

solo 1-5

grouped 5-40

lots of bad, new, afkers, loot whores, people telling other people how to play, people not even knowing how to play their role. I see so many people come alive when a mob is in camp only to have the mob do the death walk and 2 people don't even move for the next 3-5 mins. No words no warning.

its been a shit show and im sure hhk has been a cherry
Closed Thread