Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 01:51 PM
Orc

Default 2 clients on same computer?

Is there a way to run two clients on one computer? I would sure like to play blue and green at the same time which is legal.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Not entirely sure. If you created a virtual machine for one of them, then definitely. I thought I read something about someone being able to run two clients without a VM though back when Green first launched (they needed two completely different EQ directories though due to different patch files), but I can't recall if that's correct
Old 02-13-2020, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Why is there need to do anything other than open 2 instances of everquest? I've done it before and it should work fine. I do have to switch in and out of fullscreen mode sometimes when tabbing between them but that only takes a second. There is probably some display settings you could adjust to not have to do that but I never bothered checking it out.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is there need to do anything other than open 2 instances of everquest? I've done it before and it should work fine. I do have to switch in and out of fullscreen mode sometimes when tabbing between them but that only takes a second. There is probably some display settings you could adjust to not have to do that but I never bothered checking it out.
Is there a specific way to start up the second instance of it? I've tried to see if it was possible before and my PC just says the executable is already running. I guess it wouldn't say that if you created a second installation directory for the other version of the executable, so the PC would consider it two different programs since they route to different directories?
Old 02-13-2020, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annona [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a way to run two clients on one computer? I would sure like to play blue and green at the same time which is legal.
Just start new client up and log into the other server.

As long as you arnt logging two clients to same one, no special tricks needed.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a specific way to start up the second instance of it? I've tried to see if it was possible before and my PC just says the executable is already running. I guess it wouldn't say that if you created a second installation directory for the other version of the executable, so the PC would consider it two different programs since they route to different directories?
Not sure why it wouldn't let you start second client. Are you using the .bat file to launch Everquest? Maybe that's why? Try using a shortcut instead (remember to add patchme to end of target line for the shortchut).
Old 02-13-2020, 03:55 PM
Fire Giant

The one time I tried to open a 2nd client, the first one absolutely shat itself. I didn’t try a 2nd time.

Back in the early-mid 2000s, roughly when Titanium is from, running multiple clients on Live was easy. You just opened another one and they ran normally. /shrug

P.S. You may get more/better help in Technical Discussion.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:12 PM
Sarnak

Wait, does this all mean that we're going to have MORE afk people in groups on both servers as they play two log-ins?
Old 02-13-2020, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimgor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure why it wouldn't let you start second client. Are you using the .bat file to launch Everquest? Maybe that's why? Try using a shortcut instead (remember to add patchme to end of target line for the shortchut).
Wouldn't your patch files be different though? I.e., if you have the Green patch files in your directory, wouldn't you need an entirely separate installation with the Blue patch files in order to play on Blue?
Old 02-13-2020, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

You need 2 complete installations for best results.