Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 09:01 AM
Orc

Default Suicide and Mental Illness

Hey guys some of you know me as Arthis P99 Shammy or Gilwean from E'ci or Wellmine from Temerity on EQMAC. Also I was streaming pretty steady this past summer till June or July. What you might not know is why I got back into P99 and why I dropped suddenly from the game.

April this year things were still same old grind same bullshit of life day in day out and then my father committed suicide and my whole world flipped upside down. EQ was a way to back in the day escape my fathers mental illness and try to get so consumed in something else escape the reality how mentally ill he was. So when my father did take his own life I got sucked into the game which was awesome and a great escape because I was not ready to deal with the reality of that event for months. Then I decided to try to work thru it and not suppress things anymore and tried to think of something positive to do.

I did my fathers bucket list, things he wanted to do would enjoy doing ect but was too ill or not in good enough health to do himself. It was the best thing I have ever done in my life saw 5 awesome bands from Flogging Molly, Sir Mixalot both of which I got to meet and get pics with. To Goo Goo Dolls Black Sabbath and Awolnation and Prophets of Rage. I went on to see many national parks drove over 14,000 miles and spent 65 days on the road and met some cool as shit people. Actually got to meet some EQ buddies along my journey in different states. I became as peace and discovered apart of myself that I had lost taking care of my dad for the last many years.

So it brings me to my post I am doing a walk called out of the darkness a suicide awareness and prevention walk. If you guys could share it or throw in a dollar or two I would greatly appreciate it and I hope to see you guys back in game and streaming in the near future.

http://afsp.donordrive.com/index.cfm...pantID=1168009

IG Bobertsbigadventure if anyone wants to see some pics of all the crazy places I went.

Thanks guys

Robert
Old 10-12-2016, 11:40 AM
Banned

lead me not into temptation o Retarded God. allow my trolls to remain righteous.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry to hear about your father man. Losing a loved one is incredibly difficult. Even more so with it being a suicide I'm sure. It's inspiring to see you try and do something positive out of the grief. I lost my son a few years back and I definitely use/have used everquest as a way to escape or cope. So I totally can relate in that regard. Maybe eventually I'll be able to do something positive in his memory similar to what you've done here. Like I said, it's super inspiring to see you turn to positivity with the bucket list and the new cause for others. Definitely uplifting to read. Keep on keeping on! Coolest thing I've read on these forums in a while.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 10-12-2016 at 01:52 PM..
Old 10-12-2016, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Condolences and kudos to you for doing a positive and not getting sucked into a downward spiral. Very nice road trip and Flogging Molly is badass live.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:53 PM
Skeleton

Thanks for kind words guys and yea I actually got to hang back stage with flogging Molly and drink Jameson and Dave King put his arm around me kissed me on the cheek and told me he was proud of what I was doing it was badass.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:51 AM
Planar Protector

Donated, good cause and I hope it helps someone out there.

Post up your twitch stream link if you get a sec, i'll make sure I'm following you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-13-2016, 08:09 AM
Skeleton

https://www.twitch.tv/gilwean I will try to get back into it when I have time been busy after traveling cross country getting back into the swing of things back home. Also thanks so much for the donation I feel I can get to my goal by the 22nd of this month before my walk. Its gonna be something I will raise awareness for and talk about rest of my life.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:28 AM
Fire Giant

friend i knew had a father that jumped off the 4 story mall...
6 or 7 years later, she hangs herself.
da fuck was i suppose to do?
Old 10-13-2016, 08:53 AM
Skeleton

Honestly if someone has made up their mind you can't change it. All you can do is support someone but they have to want to live you can't want that for them. I tried to keep my father alive but in the end he felt he had no choice no matter how much love and support I tried to give him. I know in the end his death while tragic will not define his life he was mentally ill for a long time and lost his battle. I will do my best to keep the things he accomplished in life alive.
Closed Thread