Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 01:39 PM
Banned

Hrmm, let's list some more non-classic things on P99: warriors and pets are too OP both defensively and offensively, interrupts are wrong, resists are wrong, charmed pets hold way too long, the "stare at book" to mediate is wrong.. those are just the ones that personally bug me..
Last edited by bomaroast; 01-05-2021 at 01:46 PM..
Old 01-05-2021, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the "stare at book" to mediate is wrong..
How is requiring the spellbook to meditate prior to level 35 wrong? If you mean how it doesn't take up 100% of your screen that's a UI limitation that will hopefully one day be fixed as well. The sanctuary line of spells exist for a reason!

-Mcoy
Old 01-05-2021, 01:55 PM
Aviak

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gating should be left in. It encourages people to crawl around the dungeon and fight mobs near spawn points vs standing in a static location. Crawling is a classic experience.
Crawling was almost never the classic experience. Even from day 1 people quickly figured out that it was far more convenient to sit your group in a room and have one person run out to get pulls. We were doing this on my first trip to Befallen on like day 2 of classic. That never changed except in a few extremely niche cases where we just wanted to do something different or we were exploring a new dungeon. Even in the latter case, we were only crawling because it was new and we were figuring out the camps and it was still just modified camping as it went: Sit > Pull > Clear > Move > Repeat until we had seen everything, gone as far as we could, or found a spot that we liked. We almost never roamed from spawn to spawn, killing as we went. Once that exploration phase was done, we didn't crawl around, ever. And I know that experience isn't anecdotal to just myself. It has been the status quo since the beginning. It is damn near the definition of ubiquitous.

Even if you want to make a semantic argument because you said that "Crawling is a classic experience." and not "the only experience", making gate work like classic would not preclude that as an option for those that prefer to do so. So, removing low level gating mobs only brings it that much closer to a truly classic experience and it is then up to the players themselves to have a dungeon crawling experience if they so desire. Exactly as it was in classic.
Old 01-05-2021, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

The very nature of mana regen precluded crawling as a way to do just about anything efficiently.
Old 01-05-2021, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroKill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crawling was almost never the classic experience. Even from day 1 people quickly figured out that it was far more convenient to sit your group in a room and have one person run out to get pulls. We were doing this on my first trip to Befallen on like day 2 of classic. That never changed except in a few extremely niche cases where we just wanted to do something different or we were exploring a new dungeon. Even in the latter case, we were only crawling because it was new and we were figuring out the camps and it was still just modified camping as it went: Sit > Pull > Clear > Move > Repeat until we had seen everything, gone as far as we could, or found a spot that we liked. We almost never roamed from spawn to spawn, killing as we went. Once that exploration phase was done, we didn't crawl around, ever. And I know that experience isn't anecdotal to just myself. It has been the status quo since the beginning. It is damn near the definition of ubiquitous.

Even if you want to make a semantic argument because you said that "Crawling is a classic experience." and not "the only experience", making gate work like classic would not preclude that as an option for those that prefer to do so. So, removing low level gating mobs only brings it that much closer to a truly classic experience and it is then up to the players themselves to have a dungeon crawling experience if they so desire. Exactly as it was in classic.

clap, well said
Old 01-06-2021, 11:07 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This should be resolved when there is a patch.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=370993&page=2
A belated thanks for the response. Love the game. Many thanks for all your work!
Old 01-06-2021, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hrmm, let's list some more non-classic things on P99: warriors and pets are too OP both defensively and offensively, interrupts are wrong, resists are wrong, charmed pets hold way too long, the "stare at book" to mediate is wrong.. those are just the ones that personally bug me..
you definitley didnt play live, pets did 3x the damage there
Old 01-06-2021, 03:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is requiring the spellbook to meditate prior to level 35 wrong? If you mean how it doesn't take up 100% of your screen that's a UI limitation that will hopefully one day be fixed as well. The sanctuary line of spells exist for a reason!

-Mcoy
Exactly! Even worse was that the original client didn't allow Alt+Tab so you were really stuck staring at that spell book!
Old 01-06-2021, 04:31 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Darn I was hoping it stayed.

Its really funny to me.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

what causes mobs to gain a % of their health back on successful Gates tho?

:thunk: