Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2020, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

Default Langseax of the Wolves Quest

Does anyone have any experience doing this quest? The wiki is quite sparse on data about the two criminals you can potentially run into, the most information I've seen is a way-past-classic-era screenshot of someone killing Paglan but dealing ~1400 damage to the guy, which isn't helpful.

The most I know is that one is level 20, one is level 21, they're both rogues, but I'd love to know about how much they max hit for / how many rounds of combat / approximately how much life they have.

Is it soloable by a level 24 or 25 warrior in very non-twinked gear?
Old 05-01-2020, 01:53 PM
Aviak

Hey there, I made some money on green launch running the quest a great many times (after factioning up with the barbs with many gnoll fangs). Basil is a piece of cake, he's going to be who you see Frostbite lead you to 3/4 times, you should be able to solo him without any problem (especially with combat bind wound). However his head gets you 1hs langseax, which you probably don't want. Paglan is the 1/4 chance, and I believe he's slightly higher level than 21, might give you some grief if you're a 24 warrior unless you have SoW and can bow kite some of the fight if you have to. Good luck, people are also usually killing Goonda nearby if you desperately need some help from higher level players mid fight-
Old 05-01-2020, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey there, I made some money on green launch running the quest a great many times (after factioning up with the barbs with many gnoll fangs). Basil is a piece of cake, he's going to be who you see Frostbite lead you to 3/4 times, you should be able to solo him without any problem (especially with combat bind wound). However his head gets you 1hs langseax, which you probably don't want. Paglan is the 1/4 chance, and I believe he's slightly higher level than 21, might give you some grief if you're a 24 warrior unless you have SoW and can bow kite some of the fight if you have to. Good luck, people are also usually killing Goonda nearby if you desperately need some help from higher level players mid fight-
Thanks!
Old 05-01-2020, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

I would like to give this thread the blessing of green, for it is a very green thread. TY for this wonderful green thread you two barbarians.
Old 05-05-2020, 11:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would like to give this thread the blessing of green, for it is a very green thread. TY for this wonderful green thread you two barbarians.
Thanks, unfortunately Paglan is severely underconned though =(. Probably not soloable by me until at least level 30. Dude hits like an absolute mack truck for a level ~22 and has easily double the health of a normal mob.

Basil on the other hand felt like an overcon, hit for a max of 39 and was easily soloable at 25 for a warrior.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

Hello, I have done the quest on Green as well.
I was planing to do it twice to get a pair of magic 6/23.
My friend was level 24 mage at the time, and me Warrior 16. We duoed the quest.

First time we got Basil and my friend killed him in 2 secs I didn't even have to help and take a faction hit.
Second and last run to get my second Langseax and we find Paglan waiting for us in the woods o_o level 24 mage lost his pet and had to summon a second one mid-fight and burn his mana with DD and almost died. I tried to help but a 16 warrior couldn't do much, barely take some hit from the pet to extend its HPs... but he finally died and we got the head and the 2HS Langseax of the Wolves [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think SoW is probably necessary in the WK part.

But yeah, Paglan is a hard hitting truck, you will need help.

Good luck!