Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 01:52 PM
Aviak

Default Dragon Necropolis: Dominator Yisaki and Warmaster Utvara

While researching the Visage of Life quest, I noticed some irregularities across Allakhazam comments and the Magelo database that suggest Dominator Yisaki may have stopped dropping the Scroll of Knowledge at some point post-Luclin.

Dominator Yisaki's magelo entry does not list Scroll of Knowledge anywhere in its recorded drops. Of note, from the comments on Dominator Yisaki's Allakhazam entry dated Jul 31 2005:

I've camped this vaporware for over 2 weeks. I believe Dominator Yisaki drops an item called "Scroll of Knowledge" but it IS NOT the one listed by Magelo's that has the Illusion: Erudite clickie. That has been removed or so severely nerfed that you can "waste" any amount of time on it.. if you can get him to drop his normal scroll you're ahead of the game. I've not seen a single drop of any kind on him yet. Apparently SOE thinks so highly of this toy that they'd rather not let anyone have it.

The illusion version he is referring to is a GM illusion item akin to Da Oogly Stick, but it sounds like he may have killed multiple Dominator Yisakis and not encountered the scroll relevant to the quest. Two in-era comments from Nov 2001 suggest that it was dropping then.

I have not witnessed a Dominator Yisaki kill on p99 to confirm whether or not it is dropping here, but in case it is not, evidence suggests that it should be.

A similar discrepancy exists between Warmaster Utvara's in-era comments and his reported drops on Magelo, as well as with the Scroll of Insight's magelo.

Compare this to Seeker Bulava's reported drops as well as Scroll of Insight's relevant Magelo entry, which lists a drop rate of >100%.

I have seen Seeker Bulava die once on p99 and drop the relevant Scroll of Enlightenment. I have seen Warmaster Utvara die once on p99 and he did not drop his Scroll of Insight.

To summarize:

Dominator Yisaki: may have had Scroll of Knowledge drop erroneously removed from his drop table prior to Titanium release, the above Allakhazam comment and relevant Magelo data suggests this is true.
Magelo: mob scroll

Warmaster Utvara: may have had Scroll of Insight drop erroneously removed in the same event. Since this item didn't have the same name as a GM illusion item, nobody left a salty comment on Allakhazam saying it doesn't drop after trying to get one. The pattern of absence in Magelo entries matches Dominator Yisaki and his scroll.
Also one time on here he didn't drop it.

Seeker Bulava: appears to have been unaffected, and his Magelo lists a 100% drop rate of his Scroll of Enlightenment.
Also one time on here he dropped it and I saw it!

Quest Completability: was the quest able to be completed in-era?
an in-era (5/24/01) comment from Antiope claiming he completed it and listing the scrolls
Antiope is also the dude who took the first screenshot for Allas so I guess he knows what he's talking about
Various other in-era comments scattered throughout the Allas pages of the wiki suggest that all four were dropping with some regularity.
Interestingly, the Fabled versions of Dominator Yisaki and Warmaster Utvara do not have their regular respective scrolls listed in either their Magelo or Allakhazam entries, only the Fabled versions, whereas the Fabled Seeker Bulava has both items on both sources - which is standard practice with Fabled drops I believe, further suggesting an error with the scrolls of insight and knowledge.

tl;dr two named rats in DN probably aren't dropping things they should probably be dropping, and I only suspect this because of a comment from 15 years ago from some fool who thought they dropped a GM illusion item with the same name so this is some tinfoil hat shiz but could you check please? <3

<Aftermath>
Old 11-17-2020, 04:08 AM
Project Manager

All of these scrolls drop, albeit not all are 100%, and the quest should be working.

edit: It does seem we are missing accurate reward text and/or any faction adjustments, so if anyone finds that, let me know.
Last edited by nilbog; 11-17-2020 at 04:18 AM..
Closed Thread