Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 01:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, it was offered up as Riot had been loudly beating their chests about all the opportunities they could offer up if only Aftermath wasn't in the way.

It just seems like Riot and their new found pixel thirst are only interesting in the perception they want to help the casuals, and they had a convenient excuse in the form of Aftermath as to why it couldn't happen.

Aftermath isn't in the way. The offer is there. It's a great offer and one Riot has been asking for for months - since before they were founded, even! Surprised they haven't bitten our hands off.

How are you so sure Riot isn't discussing these options with those smaller guilds without you? Is that so far fetched? Just because AM signs off on an idea doesn't mean it is a good idea.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:50 PM
Sarnak

I've posted multiple times that I suspect that is exactly what is happening and that Riot are preparing the launch of their next PR campaign shortly.

"Oh look, we've offered these non-inner ring mobs and Aftermath says no. Boo, Aftermath!"

Everything but inner ring can still be contested by any guild that can field a kill force. No need to zerg, diminishing returns from having a zerg, and no guilt from accepting welfare pixels.

The inner ring is so overwhelming determined by numbers they are effectively uncontestable and they also require the largest time investment to crawl to.

Disappointing how quickly pixel lust took over those founding principals. 400+ hungry mouths to feed and counting!
Old 08-23-2019, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've posted multiple times that I suspect that is exactly what is happening and that Riot are preparing the launch of their next PR campaign shortly.

"Oh look, we've offered these non-inner ring mobs and Aftermath says no. Boo, Aftermath!"

Everything but inner ring can still be contested by any guild that can field a kill force. No need to zerg, diminishing returns from having a zerg, and no guilt from accepting welfare pixels.

The inner ring is so overwhelming determined by numbers they are effectively uncontestable and they also require the largest time investment to crawl to.

Disappointing how quickly pixel lust took over those founding principals. 400+ hungry mouths to feed and counting!
Nobody contests non-inner ring mobs like KT , Doze, and Statue, you tool.

Doesn’t matter if they “can”. They still don’t because you need to park toons to have a shot, and most guilds you only have one raid viable toon per person. There’s a calculation of how likely you think you are to get a mob versus tying up your mains for a day waiting for a mob.

You tie up mains waiting for a Golem in CT? Good shot of getting one on CT pop at least, maybe more if AM/Riot are tied up.

You park for KT? Bad chance because AM/Riot have 6 racers each ready for 16 hours.

You are beyond dense.
Old 08-23-2019, 02:01 PM
Kobold

Sorry you only have 1 main
Old 08-23-2019, 02:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You park for KT? Bad chance because AM/Riot have 6 racers each ready for 16 hours.

You are beyond dense.
Wait, I'm confused. Are we still contesting mobs and cock-blocking the casuals, or are we a dead guild who doesn't contest anything and can't offer up mobs because we never kill things?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-23-2019, 02:34 PM
Orc

Quote:
Wait, I'm confused. Are we still contesting mobs and cock-blocking the casuals, or are we a dead guild who doesn't contest anything and can't offer up mobs because we never kill things?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the offering up of not contesting mobs that you're not really killing that's causing the confusion I think.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-23-2019, 02:35 PM
Orc

It's kinda like anyone posting here offering up to not contest a job opening or single girl.
Old 08-23-2019, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Mikeo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's kinda like anyone posting here offering up to not contest a job opening or single girl.
I dunno I remember swimming with koi last week.
Old 08-23-2019, 03:06 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno I remember swimming with koi last week.
I'm glad that's the point of mine you chose to contest!
Old 08-23-2019, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Mikeo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad that's the point of mine you chose to contest!
I just hit quote man I don't pay attention ,rnf 101 just go with it lol.
Closed Thread