Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-05-2019, 04:13 PM
Large Bat

Default "DSETUP.dll file missing" error

I have not played P99 in quite a while, but apparently my Antivirus removed this file I am guessing from my older PC, have been trying to log on but keep getting DSETUP.dll is missing. Not sure how to correct this problem other than reinstalling the game but the Titanium edition I have disc one won't install (on a different PC) due to severe scratches on it after letting a friend use it to install game. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I use Windows 7 on the PC I am trying to run game on.
Old 01-05-2019, 05:03 PM
Fire Giant

Exclude your EQ directory from virus scanning. After that is done re-download the latest p99 patch, it will have a copy of dsetup

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 01-06-2019, 03:20 PM
Aviak

^^ What Ashintar said. That DSETUP.dll is a file unique to Project 1999. It is their anti-cheat. It does some scanning of your machine while EQ is running and as a result, anti virus programs often flag it and quarantine it.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:01 PM
Large Rat

I can confirm my win 10 detected this file as a threat. I had to click Windows Security on my task bar. Then navigate to Protection History. Fine the Threat Blocked which was the eq file Dsteup. Tell it to unblock and then to restore file. This allowed me to play again.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:00 AM
Kobold

My Windows Defender is saying that dsetup.dll contains a very specific Trojan: Trojan:Win32/Tiggre!plock.

This just started this afternoon. I've been running v50 for a few days now. Why would defender be showing such a specific Trojan if this file is supposed to be safe?
Old 10-01-2019, 01:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My Windows Defender is saying that dsetup.dll contains a very specific Trojan: Trojan:Win32/Tiggre!plock.

This just started this afternoon. I've been running v50 for a few days now. Why would defender be showing such a specific Trojan if this file is supposed to be safe?
Could it be you already had that on your system and Win32:CrypterX-gen trojan gave it an opening?

Search for any of these files and if they've recently been changed you are probably infected with something now.

watchdog.exe
deps.zip
app.exe
vc.exe
cl.exe
Last edited by Vyal; 10-01-2019 at 02:01 AM..
Old 10-01-2019, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could it be you already had that on your system and Win32:CrypterX-gen trojan gave it an opening?
This must be it
Old 10-01-2019, 02:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This must be it
https://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/us/....glupteba.afjk

This isn't something used to encrypt files.

OVERVIEW
INFECTION CHANNEL: Dropped by other malware, Downloaded from the Internet
This Trojan arrives on a system as a file dropped by other malware or as a file downloaded unknowingly by users when visiting malicious sites.

It connects to certain websites to send and receive information.

This Trojan drops the following component file(s):

%System%\drivers\winmon.sys - rootkit, hides processes.
%System%\drivers\WinmonFS.sys - rootkit, hides files and folders.
%System%\drivers\WinmonProcessMonitor.sys - rootkit, finds specific processes and closes them.