Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 04:35 AM
Planar Protector

All fungis on blue have to fill a hole of deactivated or unused accounts. I have a fungi on my account on Blue that I will never sell, its existence does nothing to lower the price in EC.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All fungis on blue have to fill a hole of deactivated or unused accounts. I have a fungi on my account on Blue that I will never sell, its existence does nothing to lower the price in EC.
Not sure what the logic here is. Of course you owning a fungi has an effect (albeit a super small effect on the market price).

The market price for all unregulated goods is a function of the market supply and a demand of the good. Each of us contributes our own personal supply and and demand...taken together the sum aggregate of each our individual supply and demand contributes to the market values.

Since you have a fungi in your bank that impacts your personal demand for an additional fungis, you contribute less to the aggregate demand for fungis then you would otherwise. In other words since you have a personally lower demand for a fungi (since you have one already) you also contribute less demand in the market overall. The result is a slight decrease in market price. It’s easy to see if you imagine hundreds of plauers doing the exact thing you are doing: if most players have one fungi and are satisfied with only one then there is a significant decrease in the market demand.

Although it is hard to visualize sometimes, each of us is always contributing a sliver of the market supply and/or demand of every good in the game. So your banked fungi does have an extremely small, but real, impact on price.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:04 AM
Kobold

I spent more time saving for the fungi than I did using it. If only my new wizard could use it. I'll never sell it.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will say, the one thing that makes me sad about it is that it reduces melee soloing ability, and meles are already screwed relative to casters on that front, so they don't need further screwing. But ... classic.

Maybe custom content will give melee some way to solo? Although I have a hard time envisioning any such mechanism that would "feel classic" ...
Maybe a spell line centered around buffing ungrouped melees.. While grouped the buff just drops Thatd be cool!
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-03-2019 at 11:10 AM..
Old 10-03-2019, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classically was that how it worked? Yes, 100% I agree.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

So is it removed or not? Whats the verdict? =)
Old 10-03-2019, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe a spell line centered around buffing ungrouped melees.. While grouped the buff just drops Thatd be cool!
I like the thought, but Warriors casting would be clearly wrong. Still, you could do something similar with like a custom level 10 discipline, or a proc or clicky on a custom item.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:58 AM
Banned

Combat regen paragraph script trick is dumb AF
no way was it intended to be classic
Better get diS but squASheD foR greEN
**Coming from a melee
Old 10-03-2019, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
I like the thought, but Warriors casting would be clearly wrong. Still, you could do something similar with like a custom level 10 discipline, or a proc or clicky on a custom item.
classic eq is not for everyone.

Blue becomes classic inspired server, why need a discipline or proc when you can have a cleric mercenary follow you around. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Combat regen paragraph script trick is dumb AF
no way was it intended to be classic
Better get diS but squASheD foR greEN
**Coming from a melee
Yep.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:39 AM
Sarnak

Are you clicking your epic while trying to do it? Stick your butt in a corner too.
Closed Thread