Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 05:55 PM
Aviak

Default Compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But if we make this new EQ3 into classic EQ with just better graphics

a lot of new players checking it out might not have the same "taste" as us and find the

game as fun as we do

Sure, it's 2020 and people can learn quickly (I hope) and there tons of resources online

and I'm sure people will help

But I'm talking about the general gaming community

EQ is pretty under the radar when it comes to modern gaming so, I fear that it might

somewhat die

unless it somewhat appeals to this generation of gamers
Use an adventure system like I said, Everquest with worthy additions. Campaigns are an awesome idea I saw here. Make same combat but have it impact based where if you dodge attacks miss if your sword doesn’t touch etc. a hybrid system like this could work
Old 12-02-2020, 06:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Use an adventure system like I said, Everquest with worthy additions. Campaigns are an awesome idea I saw here. Make same combat but have it impact based where if you dodge attacks miss if your sword doesn’t touch etc. a hybrid system like this could work
To be honest, I think making a "campaign" into Everquest would ruin the overall

magic of the game. EQ classic is amazing and we all remembered it for the immersion

and how there weren't any NPCs around to say "Hey! GO kill 4 rabbits!"

You chose your own adventure and played it out

Back in the day, a lot of MMOs were like that, Runescape, Ultima Online, Asheron's call

for example

But now most MMOs have some sort of story system. So it is likely, like you said,

will be implemented into EQ3 (if it is being developed)

But it most likely not appeal to veteran EQ fans and it would die

But I am skeptical a new one will come...we have been cheated on with Landmark and Next so we will have to see

hopefully Pantheon does well
Last edited by Tunabros; 12-02-2020 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: grammer/format
Old 12-02-2020, 07:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
more ideas from me:

Mystique

Keep the mystique of EQ 1. This game feels like high fantasy more than any other, it has a magic and mystique to it that is hard to put in words but you all know what I am talking about. The immersion needs to be there.

New race

Race 1: Umbrian. Human-like but taller, 6'3 on average. Dark hair, black eyes, with very good vision. Pale skinned. Cynical with a razor wit and great, dark humor. Looks like Severus Snape the race
wasnt Mystique the name of the underage darkelf girl in that story?

speaking of which, remember, you are trying to attract THAT player eq3 dev. thx
Old 12-02-2020, 08:17 PM
Banned

A visual update but no change to the art style. Some additional zones made in the same styles.

You directly hit the veteran EQ players because they are the ones that will keep it going. But let's not get excited, it's never going to be a blockbuster in this modern game climate when half of that population are on mobile devices buying all sorts of stuff. So do it right or it might be a good idea to forget about it, you are either a WOW clone or some solo adventure disguised as a MMORPG these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hopefully Pantheon does well
You know, same here. The game has its fans on this board, I am not one of them. I keep getting this promise of classic EQ but when the finer details come out its always something else. Fool me once, shame on me. (it's three times now. EQ2, Vanguard and the streams I have seen for Pantheon. Let's not forget about EQNext and that EQ Minecraft game either.) Companies remaster games that are barely two years old now but something like EQ only gets shat on, repeatedly.
Last edited by Mblake81; 12-02-2020 at 08:28 PM..
Old 12-02-2020, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

I would advise OP (a producer at EG7) to just clone fortnight and call it everquest! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-02-2020, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Oh yea and add terrain manipulation and building houses.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:04 PM
Banned

Or maybe the age of MMOs is over

I can see wow slowly dying already...
Old 12-02-2020, 09:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Or maybe the age of MMOs is over

I can see wow slowly dying already...
Blizzard, like many of the old guard, is only a name.

The year was 2005
Last edited by Mblake81; 12-02-2020 at 09:23 PM..
Old 12-04-2020, 04:46 AM
Banned

I have some ideas for mmorpg of my own that I may want to keep for myself for a future rainy day. I am not too afraid though to say an Everquest and Shadowbane combination would be great. Instead of huge amounts of player cities, make only 4-7 per continent. With the decline of video games Shadowbane or a Shadowbane 2 could easily make a good mobile phone game at the very least. Shadowbane had no content and Everquest has the best content. Another separate video game idea like Everquest 3 I would have positive feelings about. I never played EQ2 and wont for some time. EQ2 was along time ago. Everquest 3 would be interesting. It would have to find the middle ground between Everquest and World of Warcraft. That would be hard because all others have failed. It may not even be possible but it would be nice to see if it is. No one can forever have the time to play a game like Everquest Classic in which the ratio to casual player and non-casual is significant. I think making it half EQ and half modern mmorpg may not be the right ratio. Maybe two thirds classic EQ to one third Wow style. If hearthstones are implemented maybe change the gate time to 2 or 3 times longer than that of Wow. I could play an Everquest with an explanation point above NPCs names. Everquest though is at its core a gambling game. Making everything equal and fair may take away from this feel. Maybe most quest are traditionally like World of Warcraft. Also, maybe few NPCs have quests that you have to talk to them in /say and figure out the right words, that you may easily pass over. Leaving the same feel of "Hey that guy knew a thing I didn't!" It may be hard to find the perfect balance but it would be nice to see if its possible to carry on the mmorpg world in the right direction. I think it would be cool though if a business man in Tokyo with no time could enjoy something for him.
Old 12-06-2020, 09:55 PM
Kobold

I want trains.
Closed Thread