Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 04:02 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khikik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1-3 months - Too many... Daoc, guild wars 1 and 2, swotr, everquest2, ESO, Age of Conan, Terra..... to name a few

6 Month club: WoW classic

1year+ club: RIFT, Warhammer Online

This is the song that never ends....: Everquest
Dude I tried rift and it looked super promising but I couldnt get past the skill trees on it... way to many options. had no clue what direction to go into.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:38 AM
Large Bat

Pantheon looks like janky garbage that attempts to be good at everything and in turn does nothing well
Old 12-03-2020, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueFilm/co...y_the_dislike/

Quote:
my_name_is_murphy
21 points
·
8 months ago
Personally, I know so much about the behind the scenes it makes me wish we could have seen the 3 hour 200 million dollar epic he was planning. I like the movie just fine. But Jackman going through all these different eras dealing with loss, death, immortality, reincarnation.

While it's there in the movie. If I remember correctly only about 30% of the movie he wanted to make survived the studio taking away most of his budget, and even destroyed a few sets they had built because they lost their sound stages to other productions. So it's a miracle in itself the film was made.

But man, what could have been.
Old 12-03-2020, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why are you talking about a movie in a pantheon thread
How are you not seeing the correlation? Two ambitious projects reworked/scaled back more than once, neither of which being made to appeal to a wide majority and both being in the shadow of a previous success.
Old 12-03-2020, 04:24 PM
Banned

Thanks, I am not familiar with the film.
Old 12-08-2020, 05:23 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

My thoughts from gameplay video;
-Graphically, if that's meant to be an ogre, yuck. He just looks like a tall and fat human. Reminds me a lot of the Luclin-bodybuilder Ogre model, just a human on steriods. The environment looks okay I guess. Spell effects look okay, but again remind me more of Luclin spell effects than classic EQ - there's a kind of toned down, lacking intensity feel to them.
-UI wise, it reminds me a lot of WoW. Very similar spell/skill graphics. That's not necessarily bad, but maybe weird.
-Gameplay, good and bad. It resembles EQ a lot if you look at the combat chat. That's positive, they're not hitting for ten thousand. Bad; the skill effects really resemble WoW too. I get the feeling they're going full WoW in terms of skills, which will mean every class is going to have a billion abilities and I seriously doubt you'll see the level of class-interdependence you have in EQ as a result. This is one of the core failings of WoW, in that no one really needs one another, so you never talk to anyone.
-Animations, I don't like. Again remind of Luclin in a bad way. But where Luclins animations are pants-shittingly bad, like they hired a special needs child to do it, Pantheon just looks kind of meh. Too much flailing in the melee animations without any 'form.' But maybe I'd get used to it, just not immediately impressed.
-Sounds. Music is good, spell effects seemed incredibly repetitive and annoying. Every spell that group cast sounded the same, that might just be WIP though. The NPC sounds (or lack thereof) sucked though; when they hit enemies all you hear is material sounds. I need those EQ grunts, crushing blows, death screams, and NPC-type specific grunts etc. IE a bandit makes different sounds to an orc.
Old 12-08-2020, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

The fountain is great!

I also recommend ad astra, its both an extremely bleak and realistic image of our future, as well as an extremely positive one, depending on your personality.
Old 12-08-2020, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

(5)Sucks
Old 12-08-2020, 06:41 PM
Banned

Im rolling a human

class idk

hope it doesn't suck balls tho
Old 12-08-2020, 07:47 PM
Banned

It may be that Everquest is fine the way it is. (With some degrees of change due to time and too much of one thing for too long. Of course keeping classic as a default to go back too.) As far as the creation of worlds and stories go, we may have run out. However, there may still be a need for new styles. There may not be a need to create another world. I felt bad for Brad because he may have created something great because he wasn't trying super hard at the time. (Everquest Classic.) I do think that when you don't try so hard you may accidentally create something great. Where as if he had to recreate something and not copy Everquest because of legal rights, then the pressure just may lead it to nowhere. Also one conversation such as, "This is the business world, it must go like this. I know the business world." could lead to uncertainty within a given time period of requirements, leading to pressure and conflict with no results. I would hate to see Brads game go nowhere. But my honest opinion is I will probably stay with Everquest for some time. If Brad was still here, it would be cool though to see a stress free Brad working on Everquest 3.
Closed Thread