Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Quest Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Default Coldain Ring Bugs

Got through #1-5 Last night. A few comments thus-far.

Ring 1

This one took me probably 6-7 hours alone. Between using a druid with a charmed pet and using a mage with a epic pet. Killed easily 100+ Cougars and Tundra Kodiaks to get 2 HQ pelts each. I thought I read this before but I may have missed it... This is too rare.

They are rare, but not this rare (it is possible I had horrible RNG but check the drop rates please).

Magelo data:

High Quality Cougarskin - 12% drop rate (245/2011 sample size) - EW Cougars
High Quality Tundra Kodiak Skin - 3% drop rate (161/4039 sample size) - EW Kodiaks

The Kodiaks skins definitely took me longer than Cougars but damn it was brutal.

Ring 2

This quest worked pretty well. Scripted and pathed as I remembered.

Ring 3

High Quality Walrus Hide, again felt drop rate was very low.

Magelo Data:

High Quality Walrus Hide - 16% drop rate (314/1934 sample size) - EW Walruses

Meaning it should drop about 1/8. I went probably 1/40-50 last night. Again could be luck, but worth looking into.

Ring 4

Tain fight... A few comments

Three Giants and Ghrek spawned over the hill after you say the trigger phrase correctly and charged. I AE Snared and Quadded them down.

Ring 5

Scarbrow...

The Ry'Gorr Messenger ran at SoW speed. I didn't see any mention of him having his quick of feet.

The Scarbrow fight I didn't actually get a chance to check the mechanics of the orcs, I just killed him and turned in the head. Will test that later to see if they come in in waves.

Ring 6

Korridain/Tardok...

Seemed to work fine, Icefang pathed, Poxfang spawned, killed both and turned in. Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. But I didn't get to follow Icefang through his entire path I got distracted.

Ring 7

Warden Bruke's guard mechanic worked, he is also correctly 100% MR.

Corbin Blackwell's script worked, pathed, spawned all the mobs. I killed them all and he resumed pathing.

Only bug in this one is in the dialogue. Here is the dialogue from Mac server:

Quote:
[Thu Jul 12 12:50:39 2012] Corbin Blackwell says 'I have escaped! With the help of our friends here I was saved from certain death. We are in their debt.'
[Thu Jul 12 12:50:39 2012] Dobbin Crossaxe says 'We thought it was too late, the Dain will be very pleased!'
[Thu Jul 12 12:51:26 2012] Dobbin Crossaxe says 'Please friend, show me your Mithril ring and I will show you our gratitude.'

[Thu Jul 12 12:51:39 2012] Dobbin Crossaxe says 'Thank you, Darchon, your deeds will be mentioned to the Dain. Please take this note from Corbin to Garadain, it may help him to achieve victory over the enemy.'
The bolded line is missing from P99 Beta. This is what I just experienced on Beta:

Quote:
[Mon Dec 08 21:07:10 2014] Corbin Blackwell says 'I have escaped! With the help of our friends here I was saved from certain death. We are in their debt.'
[Mon Dec 08 21:07:10 2014] Dobbin Crossaxe says 'We thought it was too late, the Dain will be very pleased!'
[Mon Dec 08 21:10:28 2014] Dobbin Crossaxe says, 'Thank you, Daldaen, your deeds will be mentioned to the Dain. Please take this note from Corbin to Garadain, it may help him to achieve victory over the enemy.'

Ring 8

War proceeded today as expected.

Got 8th ring just fine.

There are 2 groups of Coldain (Paladin of Brell, Priest of Brell, Royal Wolven Guard x 2) who don't appear to take part in the battle, nor do they assist on other mobs if you drag them to them. Dunno if they become inactive after Garadain despawns or what...

Ring 9

Murdick Tardok - Invising near him triggers the mechanic correctly... but he currently sees invis.

Quote:
[Mon Dec 08 21:56:32 2014] Murdrick Tardok glowers at you dubiously -- he appears to be quite formidable.
[Mon Dec 08 21:56:36 2014] Lapker Geynion regards you indifferently -- he appears to be quite formidable.
[Mon Dec 08 21:56:43 2014] You appear.
[Mon Dec 08 21:56:45 2014] Murdrick Tardok glowers at you dubiously -- he appears to be quite formidable.
[Mon Dec 08 21:56:51 2014] Herga Ratgur glowers at you dubiously -- she appears to be quite formidable.
Last edited by Daldaen; 12-22-2014 at 09:50 AM..
Old 12-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Great post!

I did the quest line several months ago. I found Ring 1 HQ skins' droprate to feel classic. IMO, it's supposed to be a pain... it's an epic quest line.

Walrus hides did, however, seem too painful for the trouble.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Last edited by maximum; 12-08-2014 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: walrus
Old 12-08-2014, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Bump added 6-8 info.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Bump put all my bugish reports in Red. I could search for classic info if needed, but I feel like there will be mostlg anecdotal posts only.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:49 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

See my Wooly Rhino Horn post, they shouldn't be stackable.
Fixed, pending update.
Quote:
Ghrek, the named, died before the others (IE - Has less HP). Also I'm pretty sure he conned as a high green. When in a post in Alla a 60 druid quoted him as a Dark Blue. Level is probably wrong.
Fixed, pending update.

Quote:
The bolded line is missing from P99 Beta. This is what I just experienced on Beta:
Quote:
[Thu Jul 12 12:50:39 2012] Corbin Blackwell says 'I have escaped! With the help of our friends here I was saved from certain death. We are in their debt.'
[Thu Jul 12 12:50:39 2012] Dobbin Crossaxe says 'We thought it was too late, the Dain will be very pleased!'
[Thu Jul 12 12:51:26 2012] Dobbin Crossaxe says 'Please friend, show me your Mithril ring and I will show you our gratitude.'

[Thu Jul 12 12:51:39 2012] Dobbin Crossaxe says 'Thank you, Darchon, your deeds will be mentioned to the Dain. Please take this note from Corbin to Garadain, it may help him to achieve victory over the enemy.'
It looks like he waited >60 seconds before saying that phrase. Is that how it should work? When I was doing this quest, I didn't wait that long, and that's probably why I didn't include it.

Quote:
There are 2 groups of Coldain (Paladin of Brell, Priest of Brell, Royal Wolven Guard x 2) who don't appear to take part in the battle, nor do they assist on other mobs if you drag them to them. Dunno if they become inactive after Garadain despawns or what...
This is how it worked on eqlive, so that's how I recreated it here.

Quote:
Murdick Tardok - Invising near him triggers the mechanic correctly... but he currently sees invis.
Can you explain this more?
Old 12-12-2014, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

On the 7th ring dialogue, the first time I did the quest on Mac I turned the ring into Corbin who eats it. After petitioning and getting the ring back, I tried again and that time I waited an extra minute which causes that text to appear.

The quest gives no other explanation of how to proceed if not for that line of text. It's just delayed for who knows what reason. But I can confirm it was in on Mac. I would on live but I just went through doing the ring once dunno if I want to yey another time :P.

Murdrick Tardok... So the way the script works you have to invis near him, then he goes through a talk about how they will poison the Dain. At the end you're supposed to kill him. Last 3 times I've tried this part he has despawned. I think I'm doing it correctly but I dunno.

The invis comment is because the script is supposed to (atleast Allakhazam claims) require you are invis and eavesdropping on their plans while invisible. It doesn't make much sense for you to be doing that if he possesses the ability to see through invis. It's not a big deal I don't think but just something I found interesting.

As for his script, is he on a timer to despawn? Last time several times I've tried this I spent several minutes snaring all his friend before I start nuking him down. Last few times he has poofed at 60%. I am unsure if I'm engaging too early, waiting too long to attack or what is causing him to Despawn. But that's the point I'm stuck at in Ring 9.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:56 PM
Sarnak

Did you engage only after the conversation ends, which is:

Quote:
Gerton Dumkin says 'Consider it done. Be sure to watch yourself Murd, the Dain's gotta be suspicious of ya, being Rodrick's brother and all. And those outlander friends of his are dangerous, chopped down the Ry`Gorr chief like he was nothin!
If you didn't wait for that and pulled he has a chance to despawn when not in the room, iirc. I invised and stayed close enough to catch the end of the convo (being invis next to murdrick will get him to despawn too as he feels he's being watched), then pulled him out and kited them while someone else agrod murdrick and killed him. He didn't despawn as long as I didn't lose agro
Old 12-12-2014, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

[Mon Dec 08 21:56:08 2014] Gerton Dumkin says 'Consider it done. Be sure to watch yourself Murd, the Dain's gotta be suspicious of ya, being Rodrick's brother and all. And those outlander friends of his are dangerous, chopped down the Ry`Gorr chief like he was nothin!'
[Mon Dec 08 21:57:13 2014] Murdrick Tardok has been gripped by nature's wrath.
[Mon Dec 08 22:01:12 2014] Murdrick Tardok is straight ahead.
---POOF--

[Mon Dec 08 23:03:04 2014] Gerton Dumkin says 'Consider it done. Be sure to watch yourself Murd, the Dain's gotta be suspicious of ya, being Rodrick's brother and all. And those outlander friends of his are dangerous, chopped down the Ry`Gorr chief like he was nothin!'
[Mon Dec 08 23:04:06 2014] Murdrick Tardok has been gripped by nature's wrath.
[Mon Dec 08 23:07:12 2014] Murdrick Tardok says, 'Death to the trespasser!'
--- POOF ---

[Thu Dec 11 19:56:44 2014] Gerton Dumkin says 'Consider it done. Be sure to watch yourself Murd, the Dain's gotta be suspicious of ya, being Rodrick's brother and all. And those outlander friends of his are dangerous, chopped down the Ry`Gorr chief like he was nothin!'
[Thu Dec 11 19:58:03 2014] Murdrick Tardok has been gripped by nature's wrath.
[Thu Dec 11 20:02:04 2014] Murdrick Tardok's skin ignites as wildfire courses over them.
--- POOF ---
Old 12-12-2014, 09:12 PM
Sarnak

Strange. Perhaps there is a timer pegged to him despawning with/without agro, but I don't ever remember him having one (I've always managed to keep agro and kill him)
Old 12-12-2014, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

I always keep him on aggro.

Basically what I do is I aggro him with snare after the conversation, then I snare all 6 adds, and circle back to nuke him down.

Whenever I get him down to like 60% or so, he despawns.
Closed Thread