Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 08-23-2022, 05:03 AM
Fire Giant

Default The Penance - Dialogue for Warrior/Shaman versions not working

Because I'm super weird, earlier on my iksar necromancer I felt like doing the other four "The Penance" quests, so I can get their beginner weapons and check out their questlines.

Was going to report here if any of the turn-ins failed, but fortunately Monk, Warrior, Shaman and SK versions all worked and my necromancer is now the proud owner of a cudgel, a pike, a shackle and a khukri. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just wanted to give a heads-up though on the dialogue for Warrior (Crusader Zixo) and Shaman (Hierophant Zand) did not seem to work correctly. I had to get the ragged books from the monks each time. Just a small thing I wanted to bring to attention.
Old 09-11-2022, 01:42 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wanted to give a heads-up though on the dialogue for Warrior (Crusader Zixo) and Shaman (Hierophant Zand) did not seem to work correctly. I had to get the ragged books from the monks each time. Just a small thing I wanted to bring to attention.
I just tested this, and both of these npcs returned a Ragged Book from the prompt 'yes'. Could use more explanation unless I am missing something.
Old 09-11-2022, 06:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just tested this, and both of these npcs returned a Ragged Book from the prompt 'yes'. Could use more explanation unless I am missing something.
Yep I just tested it on Live and that does seem to be the appropriate trigger. With the Hierophant I was going by the dialogue and attempting every possible combination of "I have lost my cudgel" I could think of. Which is weird because "I have lost my bracer" seems to work with the monks. I suppose that's just how it was meant to be, hehe. I apologize for wasting your time Nilbog.
Old 09-12-2022, 09:46 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep I just tested it on Live and that does seem to be the appropriate trigger. With the Hierophant I was going by the dialogue and attempting every possible combination of "I have lost my cudgel" I could think of. Which is weird because "I have lost my bracer" seems to work with the monks. I suppose that's just how it was meant to be, hehe. I apologize for wasting your time Nilbog.
The npcs may respond to multiple keywords, with 'yes' being only one of them. If you are testing on live and discover a different prompt or phrase, we can add it.