Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Send a message via AIM to Nagrak Send a message via MSN to Nagrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Noir
I disagree. "Taunting attacking, master". That's taunt. and it works.
Even if that looks like it is taunting, for all we know, that aggro gain could just be the fact of the OP pets doing too much damage to the mob. Which makes it seem like it is taunting.

The only people who know for sure are the ones who work on the actual source. Other then that, we are all pretty oblivious to the current state in which taunt is in for any class/pet.
Last edited by Nagrak; 10-20-2009 at 07:45 PM..
Old 10-20-2009, 10:38 PM
Orc

Taunt works, and it's chance to succeed goes up as your taunt skill does. There's one kicker, and it's that it only works on blues. Evens/yellows/reds are immune. What i'd like to see fixed is the taunt message only going off on a successful taunt.

For warrior agro, I only suggest picking up proc weapons. Obsidian shards work best for this, and begin procing at level 16. Until then, you're pretty much a rogue.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Taunt works, and it's chance to succeed goes up as your taunt skill does. There's one kicker, and it's that it only works on blues. Evens/yellows/reds are immune.
How did you figure this out?
Old 10-21-2009, 12:26 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Taunt IS changed in P1999, its actually changed to be exactly like it is on live, which has worked the same way since classic. Taunt is only used as a means to get to the top of the hate list. If your at the top, it generates no additional aggro. This is how it is on P1999. EQEmu SVN (PEQ is not a god damn source code, its a database, stop referring to "the PEQ Source") is wrong.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:53 AM
Orc

Quote:
How did you figure this out?
Had someone get the npc down to about half, and taunted an extensive amount.

Yellow Cons: I haven't had taunt work on a yellow con at all yet, come to think of it. Most of my failed taunt experience is with yellow cons, and it's come to the point that i dread pulling one when the time comes.

Even Cons: Same situation here, I can't recall it ever working. However, I'm not too worried about it yet, since in the leveling game most mobs are going to be either yellow/blue due to the con system. It allows a 2-level buffer for yellows, and 10ish for dark blues.

Dark Blue Cons and Under: No problems here, about what I'd expect the taunt skill to do. Works about 50/50 I'd say.

The Red Con: Don't even bother trying as I'm pretty sure this is the game's intention.

Taunt skill is currently at 180 and the issue is the same vs. the above mob cons.

Once again, as a warrior you should really attempt to get your hands on procing weapons.

- PGT has a very small AE agro component due to the buff and works at 10
- Obsidian Shard is fantastic and works at 16. It's a good deal of agro due to the -ac component
- Gnoll Hide Lariat is good aswell, but doesn't work until 25 and your damage output will suck
Old 10-21-2009, 02:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Rogean, the times I notice it being useless is after I'm not at the top of the list. When the server's back up I'll try and do some tests to verify it's working like you say but it just seems broken right now. The only way I seem to be able to pull stuff off people is from my damage, slam, and effect procs.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:37 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(PEQ is not a god damn source code, its a database, stop referring to "the PEQ Source")
Who called it PEQ Source on this topic? I have in the past though, which I apologize. When your mind downloads them one after another you tend to think that way.

Bummer @ taunt being totally revamped on this server. I have seen a pet pull aggro after that message was what I was implying. I'm betting it just sucks vs. yellows+, which I think is semi justified considering well, it's supposed to be hard.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:48 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(PEQ is not a god damn source code, its a database, stop referring to "the PEQ Source")
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Noir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who called it PEQ Source on this topic? I have in the past though, which I apologize. When your mind downloads them one after another you tend to think that way.
I think he is referring to me calling it project eq source. I apologize for that Rogean and will take more care in the future. Like Shin Noir I had some confusion and saw the title as "projecteqemu" on google svn - I shouldn't have left out the emu part.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Planar Protector

Taunt never was a terribly good skill. That being said, it seems to work about as well (more accurately: about as poorly) on P1999 as it did 'back in the day' on targets ranging from green to even. I play a Paladin.

It does appear to work on yellows now and then--though that may be a coincidence. At least, a yellow-con mob once turned to attack me when I 'taunted' it, despite my doing damage so laughable that I can't fathom it hitting me due to that. Someone may have rooted it without my noticing, though.

I do not support the ineffectiveness of this skill and never did, but if the goal is to replicate Live as closely as possible, then it appears to be a success in this case.

Danth
Old 10-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Send a message via AIM to Nagrak Send a message via MSN to Nagrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sever
Taunt works, and it's chance to succeed goes up as your taunt skill does. There's one kicker, and it's that it only works on blues. Evens/yellows/reds are immune. What i'd like to see fixed is the taunt message only going off on a successful taunt.
You would think that no matter the con of the monster, that there would be some chance of being able to taunt the monster...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sever
Once again, as a warrior you should really attempt to get your hands on procing weapons.
I see...Well I figured as much that I would need some weapons that would gather me some aggro, especially to compete anywhere near with the aggro control of an SK/Pal.
Closed Thread