Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Fire Giant

I'll personally train anybody talking shit on the Halloween event.

Wasn't able to make it, had to take my little doc mcstuffins trick or treating, but the screenshots look fun! Thank you for the event [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-01-2016, 10:18 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When there was an announcement ~11:30pm to say "complete the task" as opposed to "formally complete" due to an error in code, what did this mean? Was there a difference in rewards for saying one vs. the other when you had met all 16 NPCS?

I hit all 16, said "I formally complete the task," and got a Rubicite Breastplate but have friends who either got nothing (they petitioned) or got a "can of whoop ass" despite doing the whole thing together. Just wondering if the final phrase had anything to do with this.
That you would get the trumpets, finish quest but get nothing (no items, no candy). I am affected by that bug for instance.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

I liked the raid fight that you scripted up. Way better than Velious raid content.

A few comments on it:

The 2 specters that healed the boss had wayyyy too much HP. You were far better off allowing them to heal the boss up and kite the boss at 100% then kill the specters rather than try to offtank the boss while burning down the specters. This is probably the biggest thing. Had their HP been cut down to 5% or 10% of what it was, the event would've proceeded with a lot more fluidity, rather than stalling out while you slowly kill these thifling focuser clones.

The permarooted skeleton archers I only saw in the LFay version, but I think those should've hit a bit harder. Or maybe proc'd a stun on your casters to make them really annoying if left alone.

The cultists that spawned at the end were great, but it would've been cool if those were a timed spawn after reaching a certain percentage so that you would've gotten overwhelmed with adds, rather than a 1-time spawn. Actually stress some amount of crowd control in the raid while still burning down the boss.

The boss overall was pretty good in terms of melee capability and AE Fear (though as we all know AE fear on this server is very unclassic). I think adding a small AE DD like a Vox or Naggy type one would've helped counteract a Zerg style offensive.

If you could make the change to the specter HP (or add some other way to CC them like kiting, mezzing, charming, fearing, blinding or rooting) and maybe make the adds a little more formidable... This would be an excellent addition to the game in custom content. Throw a 1ish week spawn on him, a zone wide shout when he spawns, throw an FTE message on him and have him drop a guise or a manastone or a set of Holgresh elder beads... Something not exceedingly rare but still removed from game, that would be superb.

#MakeP99GreatAgain
Old 11-01-2016, 10:47 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Had a lot of fun doing the event itself, thanks devs for putting in the hard work to make it happen!

Now for the "constructive" criticism: finishing 5 min too late for t5 and then getting a useless 2nd pegi cloak was a huge letdown, maybe next time let people know they need to rush it if they want anything good instead of dropping a bomb 5 minutes prior?
Old 11-01-2016, 10:47 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Was the Can o` Whoop Ass the only trick reward for the event? Everything else seemed pretty decent.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was also an issue with the script being bugged by responding "Formally completed" and not getting anything upon finishing 16 npc's and also turning in the book. Will those get reimbursed?
Yup, I noticed that pretty early on. I (thanfully) did have the script log it when this instance occurred, so even if people had not petitioned, we could immediately see what happened.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:10 AM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love these gm events but as a newbie to the p99 I had a lot of problems with this event
1. Being kos to my bind point
2. Unable to turn off illusion
I also was unable to procure a port which put me at a huge disadvantage comparing to many other people. Next time please do the opposite and make any illusion indifferent to guards or some kind of in invis to help with npcs 30 or more lvls above lower lvls.

Let's see how trolls celebrate thanks giving with their spare parts cooking
And how iksar deliver Christmass presents hint hint
Ya being KOS due the illusion was an unintended side-effect. We were talking about ways to make that not a thing in the future. I was trying to res people that died as they petitioned.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

There were SOOOOO many people waiting for the boat! (More in the beginning of the event, of course)

halloween4.jpg
halloween1.jpg

The DoF also discovered a fun thing where a bard's DE illusion mask would turn them into a female DE model...

halloween3.jpg

As a group, we got lost together, got caught yelling strange things out of context ("Are you sure you're not touching it wrong?"), decided scarecrow form runs slower than spectre form (probably not true), failed autofollow repeatedly, and all kinds of other things.

I wasn't in time to get any tier 5 items, but I did get Rubicite legs...fashionquest? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 11-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The DoF also discovered a fun thing where a bard's DE illusion mask would turn them into a female DE model...
Attachment 8006
The DE illusion mask was simply showing the wearer's true inner self. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-01-2016, 11:18 AM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I liked the raid fight that you scripted up. Way better than Velious raid content.

A few comments on it:

The 2 specters that healed the boss had wayyyy too much HP. You were far better off allowing them to heal the boss up and kite the boss at 100% then kill the specters rather than try to offtank the boss while burning down the specters. This is probably the biggest thing. Had their HP been cut down to 5% or 10% of what it was, the event would've proceeded with a lot more fluidity, rather than stalling out while you slowly kill these thifling focuser clones.

The permarooted skeleton archers I only saw in the LFay version, but I think those should've hit a bit harder. Or maybe proc'd a stun on your casters to make them really annoying if left alone.

The cultists that spawned at the end were great, but it would've been cool if those were a timed spawn after reaching a certain percentage so that you would've gotten overwhelmed with adds, rather than a 1-time spawn. Actually stress some amount of crowd control in the raid while still burning down the boss.

The boss overall was pretty good in terms of melee capability and AE Fear (though as we all know AE fear on this server is very unclassic). I think adding a small AE DD like a Vox or Naggy type one would've helped counteract a Zerg style offensive.

If you could make the change to the specter HP (or add some other way to CC them like kiting, mezzing, charming, fearing, blinding or rooting) and maybe make the adds a little more formidable... This would be an excellent addition to the game in custom content. Throw a 1ish week spawn on him, a zone wide shout when he spawns, throw an FTE message on him and have him drop a guise or a manastone or a set of Holgresh elder beads... Something not exceedingly rare but still removed from game, that would be superb.

#MakeP99GreatAgain
Thanks for the feedback here! I will keep it in mind.

So the cultists. Initially the plan was they would spawn, then at 10% the boss would "kill" them and heal himself based on how many were alive. It was getting down to the wire and we couldn't quite get that to work so it got tossed out and the number of cultists reduced. Initially we'd had it spawn twice as many.

That encounter was the most difficult to actually test, but we did do some tests and it seemed about right. Nilbog for the most part did that boss so he totally deserves the credit there. I just said I wanted a boss, and he gave us that.
Closed Thread