Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about for a Paladin? I know they can go up to 210 but I already have my spells for healing, especially now that I have Divine Purpose, an HP Regen spell. Is it still worth learning Bind Wound as a Pally?

I'm willing to invest in an Embalmers Knife if that's the case.
Carry a stack or two of bandages at all times (sometimes someone else in group might need them)... if you happen to be in a situation where you can use them without detriment to something else then why not use them.

I get a fair amount of use from bandages on my sk, and occasional use of bandages on my ranger. I think a paladin would fall between the two.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't reward bad behaviour.

If a shaman drops his hp low enough to draw low hp aggro and die thats a learning experience for them. Don’t be cruel and deprive them of that.

I suggest you should only be healing canni damage if you have a massive excess of mana and nothing else to spend it on.
When playing cleric I usually agree with shaman that I'm not gonna heal them unless they go under 40% or ask for it. And I point out that it's a bad idea to go under 40% when I've called LOM. Has worked very well in my groups.

Re the post above about Bind Wound on a Shaman, I've been in a couple groups where the only healer was a shaman and after a rough fight the Monks/Rogues/Warriors would circle the Shaman and BW while he healed the group and redid fading buffs, one of those groups had a Mage in it and the summoned band-aids were very nice.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about for a Paladin? I know they can go up to 210 but I already have my spells for healing, especially now that I have Divine Purpose, an HP Regen spell. Is it still worth learning Bind Wound as a Pally?

I'm willing to invest in an Embalmers Knife if that's the case.
Not worth it for Paladin unless you plan always to be L39 to L44 and never reach L45+.

remainder relevant only to Paladin...

On blue DW BP is not super expensive and heals for quite a bit more without interfering with buffs the way DW Helm does*, nearly mana-free Pinzarn (you miss 1 to 2 med ticks casting, whoopee) is a perfectly fine symbol in group content and Jaspers cost less than 1pp each.

Also, Divine Purpose is woefully inefficient as a (very) slow heal. If you soloing a budget paladin (no DW BP) and recovering from so much damage & mana use that you think DP looks ok for sitting recovery try this:
1. sit, click off Valor (if you can Valor self)
2. stand for DW Helm click when server tick hits (you can watch you hp in inventory screen) to heal,
3. when helm completes daring cast sit til next med tick,
4. rinse/repeat uintil around 80%/90% health,
5. recast Valor (if you can) and sit for you mana.
Unless you wanna sit afk for 8 minutes or whatever this will recover you significantly faster than sitting with DP on, cost you one tick of med (14 to 18 mana) for 110 to 120 hp healed over two med ticks, vs 6 mana for 16 healed with DP.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Altquest/theory quest. The legendary adventure continues.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not worth it for Paladin unless you plan always to be L39 to L44 and never reach L45+.

remainder relevant only to Paladin...

On blue DW BP is not super expensive and heals for quite a bit more without interfering with buffs the way DW Helm does*, nearly mana-free Pinzarn (you miss 1 to 2 med ticks casting, whoopee) is a perfectly fine symbol in group content and Jaspers cost less than 1pp each.

Also, Divine Purpose is woefully inefficient as a (very) slow heal. If you soloing a budget paladin (no DW BP) and recovering from so much damage & mana use that you think DP looks ok for sitting recovery try this:
1. sit, click off Valor (if you can Valor self)
2. stand for DW Helm click when server tick hits (you can watch you hp in inventory screen) to heal,
3. when helm completes daring cast sit til next med tick,
4. rinse/repeat uintil around 80%/90% health,
5. recast Valor (if you can) and sit for you mana.
Unless you wanna sit afk for 8 minutes or whatever this will recover you significantly faster than sitting with DP on, cost you one tick of med (14 to 18 mana) for 110 to 120 hp healed over two med ticks, vs 6 mana for 16 healed with DP.
As it is, my downtime is irrelevent because the mob I'm currently camping for exp is on a 24 minute respawn timer.
Old 06-28-2020, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

It is worth it. What would possibly be the down side?
Old 06-28-2020, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

I rarely use it as a sk, but as mentioned, there's no reason not to train it, and as a human without fungy, it's invaluable when I end a fight with low hp... Just get an embalmer skinning knife and you're set for your life
Old 06-29-2020, 12:06 AM
Sarnak

I lvl up bind wound on all my characters, even the healer classes. If you find yourself poisoned at the end of a fight and are out of mana,,,,bind wound can keep you alive. That is what got me into leveling it up. A couple percent of life left and death sniffing my hair like creepy uncle Joe from a spider bite.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:59 AM
Planar Protector

The fact you can do it without mana, without sitting, without getting heal aggro and without breaking invis makes it surprisingly versatile.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact you can do it without mana, without sitting, without getting heal aggro and without breaking invis makes it surprisingly versatile.
Using while invis/hidden is a game changer...and honestly wayyyy op.

It is shocking how few folks understand about how awesome bw is...for pure melee classes it is pretty much like having a fungi that you can wear to 50% health.
Closed Thread