Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 10:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, on one hand, matches my memory; I think I tried charming once, had it fail miserably and delete a few hours of progress, then stuck to my summoned pet.

On the other hand, very high chance it is because I didn't know what I was doing. Definitely wasn't using the Color Flux line, and probably tried charming Dark Blues without any support or a plan on what to do if it broke other than try and mez both the things.
This is pretty much it

On actual '00 EQ I had a compulsion to only fight the darkest of dark blues that gave the biggest dopamine hits of tiny blue pixelated progress on my XP bar

Nowadays I kill and loot 10x faster and still level faster because I'm not solely trying to kill lvl 30 mobs as a lvl 31 character

Anyone can watch an enchanter stream and learn 10 new tricks in 5 minutes that very few people in '00 would ever know existed

Information Age is glorious
Old 05-10-2021, 11:00 PM
Banned

i had no idea about necro mez until someone told me
no way i would have thought to do that on charm breaks lol
maybe thats the beauty of the game
Old 05-11-2021, 01:29 AM
Aviak

I'm sorry but to say people didn't know how to play the class in Era is a load of crap.
Old 05-11-2021, 09:26 AM
Banned

Lazy degenerates who can't maintain a charmed pet
Old 05-11-2021, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry but to say people didn't know how to play the class in Era is a load of crap.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-11-2021, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s simple math, really. Why do larger schools football teams destroy smaller schools football teams?

When you had millions of people playing this game and COMPETING against one another, you end up with the best players in the world at the very top. You will never convince me that the top 5% of 2 million players who played this game during their prime, in an era where getting outperformed simply meant you lost are suddenly inferior to a bunch of disabled and unemployed grandpas playing the game 20 years later.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-11-2021, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beargryllz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is pretty much it

On actual '00 EQ I had a compulsion to only fight the darkest of dark blues that gave the biggest dopamine hits of tiny blue pixelated progress on my XP bar

Nowadays I kill and loot 10x faster and still level faster because I'm not solely trying to kill lvl 30 mobs as a lvl 31 character

Anyone can watch an enchanter stream and learn 10 new tricks in 5 minutes that very few people in '00 would ever know existed

Information Age is glorious
fake news as hell. I’ve never seen the skill level of some of the top enchanters replicated on p99. Even the enchanter I duo’d all the way to 50 with when green was new felt mechanically bad and he even he would tell you that. Yet he effortlessly breezed through the game because of how op charm on p99 is.

I do remember some of the best enchanters in the entire game doing cool stuff with charm that most people thought was amazing, but it wasn’t consistent or reliable and was no small feat at the time. I remember witnessing some of this and how tense it was.

I also vividly remember that the enchanters who used charm almost always had to let the mob die ASAP because once charm broke you would NOT be able to re charm the same mob. I think this was by design and for balance. It was not normal to keep the same pet for hours.

I also vividly remember an enchanter using charm in our group, and being chaotic neutral it made me lol. I knew I wouldn’t be the person to die when charm broke, so I didn’t care. Our tank/pulled raised absolute hell when he saw that our enchanter had charmed a drolvarg inside of KC. But again, I was chaotic neutral and I was like wow this is fun and the dps is crazy, I don’t care that our enc and cleric are about to die! Enchanter assures tank it’s safe. Tank goes to pull, charm breaks, enc and cleric both die while I run to the zone. Tank dies because he pulls several mobs to discover his group is wiped. I laugh the entire time.

I vividly remember this. Groups did NOT use charmed mobs for a reason.
Old 05-11-2021, 02:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fake news as hell. I’ve never seen the skill level of some of the top enchanters replicated on p99. Even the enchanter I duo’d all the way to 50 with when green was new felt mechanically bad and he even he would tell you that. Yet he effortlessly breezed through the game because of how op charm on p99 is.

I do remember some of the best enchanters in the entire game doing cool stuff with charm that most people thought was amazing, but it wasn’t consistent or reliable and was no small feat at the time. I remember witnessing some of this and how tense it was.

I also vividly remember that the enchanters who used charm almost always had to let the mob die ASAP because once charm broke you would NOT be able to re charm the same mob. I think this was by design and for balance. It was not normal to keep the same pet for hours.

I also vividly remember an enchanter using charm in our group, and being chaotic neutral it made me lol. I knew I wouldn’t be the person to die when charm broke, so I didn’t care. Our tank/pulled raised absolute hell when he saw that our enchanter had charmed a drolvarg inside of KC. But again, I was chaotic neutral and I was like wow this is fun and the dps is crazy, I don’t care that our enc and cleric are about to die! Enchanter assures tank it’s safe. Tank goes to pull, charm breaks, enc and cleric both die while I run to the zone. Tank dies because he pulls several mobs to discover his group is wiped. I laugh the entire time.

I vividly remember this. Groups did NOT use charmed mobs for a reason.
seems correct
Old 05-11-2021, 08:38 PM
Fire Giant

Yes, Enchanter is extremely overpowered and in no way classic.

Yes, the evidence has been provided for years now.

No, the staff doesn't seem to care how Enchanter ruins most of the games difficulty.

Here is the simple guide to fixing Enchanter and most of P99's difficulty curve which is currently way too easy:

1. Fix channeling. Channeling success on P99 is insanely high compared to live. On the order of something like 10% success chance at level 1 for live but it's around 70% success chance at level 1 on P99. Go make a level 1 and test it. It's insanely obvious that it is broken and not classic. This plays hugely into Enchanter being easy here no matter what lies people try to tell about Enchanters having stun which makes them immune to needing to channel. It would also fix every other caster class being able to channel too easily and would promote grouping for dungeon content which should be more difficult to solo due to chance of interrupts.

2. Nerf item recharging in some way. Regardless of the classic nature of item recharging it is used to trivialize raid content. Many other things on P99 are nerfed that were allowed on live because it is overpowered due to too many people knowing about and using it.

3. Normalize all mob HP values to stop the easy leveling treadmills that seem to keep popping up. Kith undead mobs with too low HP compared to live and the same with the Ogre guards which were just patched. Anytime one of these unclassic things pops up it needs to be instantly nerfed, no delay for patch day, etc. It should be actively monitored for by calculating rate of exp gain across all players to determine if someone has found a bug and is abusing it.

4. Stop using ZEMs that aren't classic. It was shown current "hot zone" ZEMs on P99 didn't exist in classic and they're almost a 2x exp rate compared to live. They allow ridiculously fast leveling and encourage "the one camp to rule them all" in certain level ranges. Like The Hole is now. I complained about this endlessly with HHK and similar and the devs just moved the ZEMs around. That wasn't the problem. The problem is the ZEMs are too high. We don't need "hot zones", they're unclassic and destroy the difficulty curve and time sink required to hit max level.

Make these 4 changes and P99 will be a million times more classic in terms of your average play experience. More pick up groups. More difficult raids. No Enchanters carrying all content. A difficult game where the majority of players will never make it to max level between classic/kunark/velious which relieves the pressure on raid content seen here.

Seems pretty simple to me. Whatever. Last time I made that thread about Enchanter and provided tons of evidence I had to put up with being called names and insulted for 50 pages and then when I finally "took the bait" and called someone names back I was banned from forums.

Pretty obvious you should all just shut the fuck up about Enchanter. The staff doesn't care and prefers their unclassic leveling treadmill congested raid content trivialized server for whatever reason. It's theirs after all.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

Threads getting sad fast.
Closed Thread