Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 12:42 PM
Banned

Default Minor reminder for any newbie enchanters

The devs back in the day felt it prudent to force us to quest for one of our main functionality spells, Tashania, at level 44 https://wiki.project1999.com/Coin_of_Tash_(Tashania)

The spell cannot be traded, so there is no other way to get it

The quest involves very annoying (in my opinion) fetch objectives taking you to just about every major player starting city in the game other than expansions

Most enchanters that start as HIE for min/max purposes will be near to the area of Felwithe. Within this area are multiple cities in reach for you to begin gathering coins for this quest as early as your starting levels. Before you adventure away from the area of Felwithe for the first time, try to gather coins from Felwithe, Ak'Anon, and south Kaladim. The first time (probably for your stein of moggok quest) that you adventure near to Oggok, be sure to pick up the coins at zones such as Oggok, Neriak, Grobb, and West Freeport. And lastly, the first time you adventure to Qeynos, try to remember to grab the coins at Qeynos, Erudin, and Halas

If you wait until later levels like I did, you will be spending quite a lot in teleport tips (the rule is 1pp per your level so each port I received I had to tip 44pp and thus far it has taken me 3 different ports just to gather up the coins, not even to turn them in and then go to high keep, then BACK to neriak, then BACK to way the F out there Erudin to get them enchanted). So far that's ~150pp (which will be more by the time I'm done) spent for a level 44 spell where I could have saved that money and time by knowing that I needed to pick up coins when I first came across these areas. I had come across all the cities I needed coins in before but didn't know about this quest. For example, you are likely to have travelled to erudin before this quest to pick up some of your illusion spells not sold anywhere else

Just a little tip, not a big deal if you forget or miss it, but trying to save some people some money and annoyance
Old 09-05-2021, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Coin_of_Tash_(Tashania)
wiki link from OP, they missed a )

@unsunghero a tip when searching for a druid to port you around. Ask them if you can buy their services for an hour or longer. Offer 100-200p and verify they will port you around when you need it within that time limit. They can still go do other ports while you're running around or if they're kind they'll run with you. This is what I did when I was doing the Velium Retrieval quest.

another tip for everyone find the level of port you need, let's say you need a 44 druid. Do "/who all druid 44 60" without the "" then msg everyone on that list. If the list is too long, reduce the 60 and do another /who if you can't find someone in that range you reduced down to, to 60. This is best done during primetime but you can still find people 24/7. Don't let them rip you off and make you pay more than 200 for an hour of their time. like I said, they can still go port people but you'll be their primary focus since you paid for their time.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-05-2021, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/Coin_of_Tash_(Tashania)
wiki link from OP, they missed a )

@unsunghero a tip when searching for a druid to port you around. Ask them if you can buy their services for an hour or longer. Offer 100-200p and verify they will port you around when you need it within that time limit. They can still go do other ports while you're running around or if they're kind they'll run with you. This is what I did when I was doing the Velium Retrieval quest.

another tip for everyone find the level of port you need, let's say you need a 44 druid. Do "/who all druid 44 60" without the "" then msg everyone on that list. If the list is too long, reduce the 60 and do another /who if you can't find someone in that range you reduced down to, to 60. This is best done during primetime but you can still find people 24/7. Don't let them rip you off and make you pay more than 200 for an hour of their time. like I said, they can still go port people but you'll be their primary focus since you paid for their time.
Yeah my problem was I discovered this spell had to be quested around level 40, and began making trips to gather up all the coins separately, never all at once. So each port was a diff druid (one was wiz). Shoulda probably just tried to do it all in one day

I was also under the impression that tip etiquette is to tip roughly 1pp pet level of your char, not the teleporter’s char. So when I was level 10 I was tipping 10pp. When I was 30 it was 30pp, and so forth. Now that I’m in the 40’s I tip 44pp

For me the money isn’t a huge problem, I still have 10k in the bank but that’s because I bunkered down, stopped exp’ing and just farmed pp for weeks and weeks in the past because I was thinking about twinking a 2nd char but never did. But 40pp tips at level 40 can be tough for anyone new to the game who hasn’t been farming pp deliberately. But your suggestion to hire for an hour def can alleviate this a bit
Old 09-05-2021, 08:26 PM
Kobold

That 1pp per level is propaganda put out by the porters union - it is NOT the de facto standard.
Old 09-05-2021, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic Plainswalker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That 1pp per level is propaganda put out by the porters union - it is NOT the de facto standard.
I don't agree.

A player can do side activities to make enough plat.
Ports are a luxery not a right. hoof it if the classic way.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-07-2021, 09:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic Plainswalker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is definitely de facto standard, and if you aren't paying close to it you're shortchanging people.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 10-08-2021, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah 1pp per level is pretty standard, and I agree with the pricing. Unless you got a Manastone, ports are mana heavy, and it takes time to med back your mana. You need to make the port worth the porter's while. Otherwise they will just farm plat anonymous because it is more lucrative.
Old 10-08-2021, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

idk why you'd pay for ports to do this quest. walking around the world, riding boats, visiting all the cities... that sounds like some classic eq fun!
Old 10-08-2021, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk why you'd pay for ports to do this quest. walking around the world, riding boats, visiting all the cities... that sounds like some classic eq fun!
I agree the classic way is fun (I still run places and sometimes ride the boat). but not everyone agrees, or has the time[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-13-2021, 12:35 AM
Sarnak

I don't think the quest is annoying, at least definitely not by typical EverQuest standards. I didn't take boats though, I just got ports instead since I had the plat. Getting the Akanon one was fun because I had ruined my gnome faction and didn't know the zone at all.
Closed Thread