Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Look at the evidence: the staff hates quakes.

My guess is that to them, quakes = a bunch of whiny man-children bitching at them and fighting amongst themselves, and they just don't want to deal with it.

There may well be some other reason, but look: throughout P99's history the staff has always been anti-quake. They fought against having quakes for years, and then when they finally agreed to start having them, they were always (almost from the very start) fewer and farther between than promised.

I truly don't think the staff are assholes who like promising us things, and then lying about it and going "ha ha no quakes for you". I truly think they just didn't realize what quakes entailed, and once they did they stopped wanting to do them, and the evidence is their reticence to quake for years.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-06-2021, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please provide this evidence. Is the evidence just that low quake frequency must correlate with "staff hates quakes"?
Old 09-06-2021, 05:35 PM
Banned

Loramin loves speaking in jibberish expecting us to understand what he's talking about

He literally worships the wiki

the best thing to do is to put him on ignore
Old 09-06-2021, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please provide this evidence. Is the evidence just that low quake frequency must correlate with "staff hates quakes"?
Yes, but it's not just "low quake frequency", it's staff opposition over time.

Look, what's the goal of Rogean, Nilbog, and all the other volunteers here? Classic EverQuest. Now, one would imagine that people dedicated to classic EverQuest would want quakes because ... they're classic (or at least they simulate something classic, server takedowns). And yet, it was the exact opposite: the player base had to beg for years to get quakes here.

Then, almost since the very day we got them, the staff has almost exclusively done the minimal amount of quakes promised. In the old days that was 1-3 (ie. 1 a month), but then (in yet another piece of "evidence" that they hate them) they changed it to 0-2 quakes.

Now, just for a second, imagine: what would a staff that doesn't hate quakes (but does love classic EQ) look like? Simple: they'd introduce quakes on their own, and they'd actually quake 1-3 times a month.

The fact that they don't ... and haven't for years ... is the evidence.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Any quotes confirming that quakes cause them problems or is all this evidence just your assumptions and opinions?

Why are these numbers not just as easily explained by apathy or forgetfulness?
Old 09-06-2021, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are these numbers not just as easily explained by apathy or forgetfulness?
You say potato, I say potatoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But look, Nilbog spends hundreds of hours of his life trying to get level 10 mobs in the right place in zones. Rogean runs an entire company (essentially) just to let us all play classic EQ. There is nothing "apathetic" about either one!

These are passionate people, with a clear and demonstrated passion for classic EQ. And that makes their "apathy" on quakes all the more questionable (to the point where I'd consider it reasonable to call it a "hatred" ... but I don't want to get bogged down arguing word definitions).

Old 09-06-2021, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

P.S. And I just want to be clear: I'm not making any value judgments here.

I'm not saying "it's bad that R&N hate quakes" or "R&N are selfish jerks" or whatever. I'm saying the evidence suggests that people massively passionate about classic EQ wouldn't consistently do something unclassic for half a decade ... after promising to do that very thing ... if they liked that thing.

Old 09-06-2021, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

Ya'll don't deserve earthquakes, hope that helped.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My guess is that to them, quakes = a bunch of whiny man-children bitching at them and fighting amongst themselves, and they just don't want to deal with it.

There may well be some other reason, but look: throughout P99's history the staff has always been anti-quake. They fought against having quakes for years, and then when they finally agreed to start having them, they were always (almost from the very start) fewer and farther between than promised.

I truly don't think the staff are assholes who like promising us things, and then lying about it and going "ha ha no quakes for you". I truly think they just didn't realize what quakes entailed, and once they did they stopped wanting to do them, and the evidence is their reticence to quake for years.
There is the least amount of "man-children bitching at them and fighting amongst themselves..." during quakes. You tend to veer off into things you know nothing about and just ramble. You may want to get the facts before doing that...
Old 09-06-2021, 09:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is the least amount of "man-children bitching at them and fighting amongst themselves..." during quakes. You tend to veer off into things you know nothing about and just ramble. You may want to get the facts before doing that...
The dude has nearly 9,000 posts so he really cares...just not about facts.
Closed Thread