Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 10:50 PM
Large Bat

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
20k word manifesto
Attached Images
File Type: jpg duke.jpg (45.7 KB, 145 views)
Old 09-15-2021, 12:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yendor is mad the only loot he has is thorny vine armor from plane of fear
yendor's carried around two guns and a shovel for 11 years

step light, son.
Old 09-15-2021, 11:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could also go to a strip club wearing a blindfold.
So it is about the loot and not seeing / experiencing the raid content then?
Gotcha ! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-15-2021, 02:45 PM
Aviak

Maybe we can make the server in such a way that when you log in all raid mobs spawn and your raid is ready to go at your beck and call. Oh….. hold on….. the grand creation server? Or easy mode server in enemy allows you to do that. Yendor you are complaining you are having extreme difficulty killling things you want to kill when you want to kill it. Do you download (insert any game name here). And when it’s done installing I guess it should just say you win and max level toon and bis loot. What’s more satisfying. Having someone say well done cuz you accomplished something through perseverance and dedication or trophy when you walk in the room having done absolutely nothing?

Klazdaxthun
Old 09-15-2021, 02:47 PM
Aviak

Enemy = eqemu list of servers. Phone discord auto correct sigh
Old 09-15-2021, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So it is about the loot and not seeing / experiencing the raid content then?
Gotcha ! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What part of anything I said makes you think I want to tag along with Seal Team to experience the content and help them monopolize everything EVEN MORE? LOL

Don't be purposely obtuse. It's about being able to play the game, which involves raiding content, reaping the rewards, gratzing your friends, and progressing your character. Just like we did on Live. HOWEVER....

...one important difference preventing that. The thing everyone likes to conveniently forget is that on Live, there were expansions beyond Velious that allowed the hardcore guilds to go fuck off on bleeding edge Luclin/PoP content and beyond, and then the casual guilds got to "move on up". We don't have that here... there is a content ceiling and the hardcore raid guilds are stuck against it with nowhere to fuck off to. So the "wait out the hardcore neckbeards until they've gone off to the juicier pixels" aspect of EQ Live never happens here, and is purely an artificial side effect of P99 being locked to Velious.

Opening an optional rotation server next launch would at least let casual players enjoy the game without the artificial ceiling keeping hardcore raid guilds around to monopolize the top content. And the hardcore guilds can go have fun butting their heads against each other on the competitive version of the server. This would help simulate the "top tier guilds moved on to other expansions" impact due to their complete abhorrence to the mere suggestion of players being able to work together and enjoy playing the game.

No, playing TAKP or TLPs aren't the answer and you know it, due to boxing on TAKP and Daybreak not being able to recreate classic as well as P99 has.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 09-15-2021, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yendor is mad the only loot he has is thorny vine armor from plane of fear
If I cared about loot, don't you think I would have followed my friends into FoW when the merger happened?

Old 09-15-2021, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have any idea how long some people have been wanting some items, or any items, for some of their other toons? Not to mention the BiS stuff from off of Vulak / Doze / etc for their main toons?? People have literally been waiting YEARS. And here you come along and want to shit on everyone else's time and sacrifices just so you and your friends can "have some fun". Do you have any concept of the amount of bullshit raiders have had to wade through, across guilds and across server rule changes, just to get the opportunity for that one item they've been after for years?? How about how many times we've failed before we learned to succeed, over and over again? Can you imagine how many bites of the shit sandwich people take and continue to drive on like the consummate professionals they are, all the while dealing with differing personalities, politics, and all the social abstracts that come with being in a raiding guild? It can take one person up to 6 months of raiding to get just ONE bis item. There's people on this server that have been playing for 10 years and just recently gained full BiS. Constantly sacrificing some of their time and dealing with infinite bitching and moaning from you casuals about "whaaaa, we just want to enjoy the content too without any effort!" and all the while against the very nature of the game.
Holy. Shit.

Re-read that to yourself, dude. Better yet, re-read that to the family you've been ignoring. Or a therapist.

Imagine taking a 22-year-old video game this seriously in 2021?

This is the exact sociopathic mindset I talk about. This is the try-hard mindset that allows you, in your mind, to bully others, to consider this YOUR playground, to dictate to others how they need to play the game.

It is a fucking emulated server, man. Get a hold of yourself. When compared to the Olympics, this is like devoting your life to full days of athletic training and performance enhancing drugs to win a game of kickball in elementary school.

I am horrified at the level some of you are playing at and now I totally understand where the raid toxicity comes from.

You're going to be cockblocking everyone from Naggy from your deathbed in 2060 on the Orange 5.0 server or whatever they call that launch when they run out of colors, aren't you?

Old 09-15-2021, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy. Shit.

Re-read that to yourself, dude. Better yet, re-read that to the family you've been ignoring. Or a therapist.

This is the exact sociopathic mindset I talk about. This is the try-hard mindset that allows you, in your mind, to bully others, to consider this YOUR playground, to dictate to others how they need to play the game.

It is a fucking emulated server, man. Get a hold of yourself. When compared to the Olympics, this is like devoting your life to full days of athletic training and performance enhancing drugs to win a game of kickball in elementary school.

I am horrified at the level some of you are playing at and now I totally understand where the raid toxicity comes from.

You're going to be cockblocking everyone from Naggy from your deathbed in 2060 on the Orange 5.0 server or whatever they call that launch when they run out of colors, aren't you?
Gonna go out on a limb and say you do not have warder loot, for that I am sorry. Hope that helped.
Old 09-15-2021, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Holy. Shit.

Hes playing the classic game. 'Not Classic' doesn't work. Some servers had a rotation setup so 'Not Classic' doesn't work with that, its simply not the majority because if it was then rotations would be in already, i think. This is how things will probably be since people have a taste for new servers setup a certain way, Green set a precedence which is on display here.

You will probably get a rotation server at some point and poke fun at 'blue raid drama' like Green players do now.