Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiithsa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm still waiting to hear how this would affect those who want competitive raiding. No one is trying to take that away from you. If anything this would give you the opportunity to have a server with a set of rules that is specific to that kind of raiding. Instead of trying to cater to both sides with things. (Bag limits, Drafts , etc)
Oh, how to say this without being a cringelord..

Same thrill that was found in gaming back then, no sense of empathy like that found online. Same as 'pwning noobs' and 'getting wrecked'. Some still keep the spirit alive, in a more muted form (age i guess).

Lesson to be learned: Get Good.
Old 09-15-2021, 07:50 PM
Fire Giant

People often mistake neckbeards as wanting "competition" when the truth couldn't be further. What they actually want is to lord over pixels preventing any competition from actually forming.
Old 09-15-2021, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

<Fat Dragon>
Old 09-15-2021, 08:20 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People often mistake neckbeards as wanting "competition" when the truth couldn't be further. What they actually want is to lord over pixels preventing any competition from actually forming.
An inherent aspect of competition is actually winning. Who targets to win only 60 or blahblah% of the time? You target to win, period.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, how to say this without being a cringelord..

Same thrill that was found in gaming back then, no sense of empathy like that found online. Same as 'pwning noobs' and 'getting wrecked'. Some still keep the spirit alive, in a more muted form (age i guess).

Lesson to be learned: Get Good.
Getting good isn't what we're talking about. Those who want to compete can "get good" all they want. This is about being able to play the game in a way that we find fun, the competitive folks are doing the same thing. They've been "having fun" for quite a long time now, and again, no one is trying to take that away.

And let's not act like "pwning noobs" is a serious justification here. If that's what we're taking away from people by having a rotated server then I genuinely don't care, it's not a good reason.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiithsa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting good isn't what we're talking about. Those who want to compete can "get good" all they want. This is about being able to play the game in a way that we find fun, the competitive folks are doing the same thing. They've been "having fun" for quite a long time now, and again, no one is trying to take that away.
Yeah i get it, i wanted something similar once. You are not trying to take anything away but for some reason need to reason it with the people here. Why bother at all. If they opened up that server next week, the players who wanted to go will go. Same for blue or green server.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
And let's not act like "pwning noobs" is a serious justification here. If that's what we're taking away from people by having a rotated server then I genuinely don't care, it's not a good reason.
What does reason have to do with any of that or what makes fun in games.
Old 09-15-2021, 09:09 PM
Aviak

I bother because I feel like having the discussion is the only way things are going to change. You're right that I don't NEED to reason with the people here. If the P99 server staff wants to open that kind of server then they would just do it.

It is possible, just possible, that having the discussion and hammering out what works and what doesn't might attract the kind of change we want to see.
Old 09-15-2021, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I bother because I feel like having the discussion is the only way things are going to change. You're right that I don't NEED to reason with the people here. If the P99 server staff wants to open that kind of server then they would just do it.

It is possible, just possible, that having the discussion and hammering out what works and what doesn't might attract the kind of change we want to see.
imagine thinking discussion on a forum dedicated to shit posting is gonna change anything, hope that helped.
Old 09-15-2021, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Oh you sweet summer child
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Closed Thread