Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Sarnak

Default Mage Pet Help

I've been working on the wiki a bit, but it seems that I am only discussing the issues with myself on the discussions page. So, I am here to enlist your help in my data gathering adventure (bleh).

First thing's first, I need confirmation that it is impossible to get a blue conned pet at level 4 (lvl 3 pet). All of the pets seem to span 4 levels except for the Elementalkin, which only spans 3 (4-6).

Other things that need confirmation are the levels at which pets get their abilities. For example, a level 17 fire pet does not bash or kick, while a level 6 air pet will do both. I'm still trying to figure out if the air pet starts it at level 6 or 5... and that's where I need help from the lowbies! Let me know if you see a level 5 air bet bash or kick.

If you see my mage (Mikhal) on asking for help from a certain level, please let me know. All you need to do is tell me where you are and I will come to you with my pet in tow. You don't have to stop what you're doing. All I need is a level confirmation.

I'm fairly sure some of the information on the tables in the wiki is correct for max level pets for each group, but other information (like regen rates) is wrong so I'm trying to ignore the tables altogether.

For a look at what I'm trying to do, check out the fire pet entry for Minor Summoning here which I've completed.

Also, let me know if you have other suggestions, etc. Feel free to edit with your own info as you get it (it is a wiki after all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Old 10-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

Bump and...

Can a dev answer me this?

When gathering regen statistics, an anomaly came up. Apparently, in the Elementaling pet group (lvl 8), the low level air pet (lvl 6) regens faster than the high level air pet (lvl 9). I'm talking raw numbers here... not percentages (which would be rather obvious). So here's my question: Do pets regen different amounts over a large number of ticks? (If not, we will just have to live with the slower regen on the higher level pet, unless this is a bug and needs to be reported [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

I've noticed my own regen doing strange things (like going up, then coming back down a little bit). I can only assume that this is due to my own regen not being a whole number. Pets might do the same thing. I ran a short test for an air pet, and over 6 ticks the regen rate didn't change, but that is a very small sample. So.... do they have variable regen rates?

The way I gather regen data is by first calculating the HP of the pet using damage taken and precent decrease in health (using the more precise /pet health command). Once the mob's dead and the pet is still damaged, I let the pet stand for a tick mashing /pet health, and sit for a tick (again, mashing). If pet regen does what the above describes, that means that I cannot use only one data point to calculate regen, and this whole things is going to get a lot more time-consuming!

Oh! ...and can I please get the attack rate stats cuz that's going to be damn near impossible to collect data on with lag, etc.

Even if it's just: Earth < Water < Fire < Air (this is what I think it is, but confirmation would be awesome!)
Last edited by Sabin76; 10-28-2011 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: fixed levels for pets / added description of data gathering methodology
Old 10-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Sarnak

dont know any of this or why u would want to know... i just used the fire pet till 50 then earth till 54 and now am using the water pet till 57.....
Falisaty Shagswell mage of 10 winters
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that, with it, thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." Armaments 2:9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
my dick would look huge in her hand
Old 10-29-2011, 03:58 AM
Sarnak

Because the wiki is wrong and needs to be updated. Since I loved my mage back in live, and I'm loving it again here, I've decided to work on it myself instead of waiting another year before someone comes along to do it.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because the wiki is wrong and needs to be updated. Since I loved my mage back in live, and I'm loving it again here, I've decided to work on it myself instead of waiting another year before someone comes along to do it.
though I'm not sure I can sit through another 60 levels of Pet taking 50% xp.

I may be able to help you with the low level pet situation, as I literally just rolled up a new mage last night.

I'll take with my other mage friend and see if we can't get you some parses.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattyZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
though I'm not sure I can sit through another 60 levels of Pet taking 50% xp.
75% actually.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
75% actually.
Incorrect, it is 50%. And as I have pointed out elsewhere it *should* be easy to get around this by duoing with another mage and ensuring neither pet does 50% of the damage.
Last edited by Extunarian; 11-01-2011 at 05:19 PM..
Closed Thread