Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 01:14 AM
Skeleton

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you'd find that the people playing on this server will have pretty deep pockets if it means getting their crack back - myself included [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-22-2009, 01:14 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by messiah_b [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
God it won't be down forever chill out.
haha fourms are a gathering place for drama queens.

I hope you're right though...
Old 11-22-2009, 01:15 AM
Sarnak

I work for a very very large software corporation and although Im in R&D I will try to get in contact with our network administrators and see what kind of measures/options are available out there...
Old 11-22-2009, 01:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasn't IB doing a fear raid at just that moment? Nice coincidence.
The lag we have been feeling all day long was this same thing. I doubt whomever is doing the DDoS is doing it because of IB. Lots of people have issues with IB and I doubt one person would screw over everyone that agrees with them just to punish IB.

I want to play EQ, why dont they go DDoS live, im sure they were banned from there too.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:23 AM
Sarnak

Default Get it Up

The bottom line is what do we need to do to get it back up and keep it up, I know there are a TON of people that absolutely loved this server, myself included, and we want it back.

What Do we have to do.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:25 AM
Large Bat

I want my Fat back.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:26 AM
Sarnak

IB was in fear for days. It's not like they zoned in and 20 minutes later the DDOS happened.

Bottom line is you gotta be the king of douchebags--John Edwards level douchebag--to DDOS a god damn emulator server. How dare they offer a free server and not run it like I want! DDOS! Fuckin loser. Not to mention the amateur level of it. Master hacker brings down server of... ...200! Wow dude, so amazing. What's next, John Edwards, hacking the CIA?
Old 11-22-2009, 01:28 AM
Fire Giant

Someone loves the Bush cock.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:32 AM
Large Bat

someone call me when this bullshit is done, I just want to play and play peacefully
Old 11-22-2009, 01:34 AM
Fire Giant

For everyone asking if a new server host with "adequete/additional security measures", please stop insulting Rogean.

Cuz I can guarantee you they had every measure available to them in place after the last ddos attack.

Some things you just can't protect against, sadly.

I have mixed feelings about this whole mess. I was pretty close to letting it all go until Kunark anyways.

For those scoring at home, perhaps a little self-examination into whats transpired over the last month or so might go a long ways to uncovering the kinds of "security measures" and "PR" that doesn't come from electronic gizmos which can lessen the chances of these "isolated" incidents.

It's not EQLive, the smaller voices the majority feels they can just laugh off and continue about their merriment in spite of, can win in both the short term and the long run. We shouldn't need these maddening individual incidents to be continually reminded of it.

When I offerred to give up my ability to play to be a petition-clearing monkey GM, I was hoping a couple more would step forward and we'd have enough to make some players cut ties and GM and allow the Devs/GMs (who have about a year plus more time/effort put into this than*any* of us) to simply play and have fun. Well, outside of the obvious coding/pathing stuff only the devs are going to handle. I love this place enough to give up playing on it entirely in order for the server to survive and the drama to dwindle (like it'd ever go away completely lol).

I'm not saying if a handful of us stepped forward and did the same it would prevent future nerdrage ddos attacks, but it would at least chill out the temperment a bit around here (and yeah, I know no matter how impartial and wide-scoped my rants usually are, I'm just as guilty of piling on as the next guy).

This game is pretty effed.. It can bring out a lot of intensity in all of us over the most trivial things, in the grand scope of it all.

Peace. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread