Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 10:36 AM
Large Rat

Default New to server Druid Armor

Hello, looking for suggestions on what armor and cost I should get as a new player. Sold a few stacks of bone chips now I want out of the cloth armor I collected while farming those chips. I'm lvl 6 druid. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 11-03-2020, 12:30 PM
Aviak

https://wiki.project1999.com/Druid#Pre-Planar

Can start looking for some of those items. +Wisdom and +mana IMHO. For now, just keep leveling. You'll unlock ways to get more pp & gear as you tack on some experience. Keep in mind spells are pricey --- if money is tight you may want to save so you can afford your spells.
Old 11-03-2020, 01:16 PM
Large Rat

Thank you.
Old 11-03-2020, 05:55 PM
Large Bat

Obsidian Scimitar is a great melee weapon for the first 30 levels and usually is pretty cheap.
Old 11-03-2020, 05:57 PM
Large Rat

Thank you for the information
Old 11-03-2020, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

As a druid, won't worry so much about armor just yet. You can port around to do some quests for items later, and make money from ports for cheap WIS jewelry.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:43 PM
Fire Giant

Go to Kithicor Forest at night and ask if any tainted battleworn morningstars are rotting great great newbie weapon you can get totally free.

Other than that, good cheap early items include Lockjaw Hide Vest, Splitpaw Hide Tunic, Foreman Tunic.

On my own druid though I was determined and got Brown Chitin Protector and Black Chitin Leggings. Love that druid in plate look. Especially as a Half Elf.
Old 11-03-2020, 11:14 PM
Orc

Get some vendor sold leather. It will last until at least your 20s. There is a lot of cheap (less than 75!plat) items you can pick up along the way. Always buy spells first, upgrade gear second.
Old 11-03-2020, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

An awesome starter set for druid is this little number!:

Kill wolves, tons of wolves, and make rawhide armor! (its easy in kith the merchants that sell the molds are in a dirt hut out front of rivervale!

After you have a full set of this, you should have just enough money for spells, and 2 weapons:

(the best AC shield you can afford! it should be like 8 or 12 ac!) and then get a SCIMITAR (not rusty, just a Scimitar) both of these will be on a merchant, in any town!

The damage ratio for the scimitar is best you can get for scraps as a starter! and the AC from the shield will be very valuble early on! the rawhide will be good enough!

As for rings and earrings and stuff? see what you can find!

But this is a great way to start with 0 and get kitted out for the teens!!

(You can also do this in qeynos if that is your area, but do this quest for belt gloves boots and stuff: https://wiki.project1999.com/Bear_Hide_Armor)

There are some awesome druid quests in that area too, but the drops are super tough to get but these are handy druid starter quests out there. Also go hunt bandits at 12! collect every sash and find out what to do with them when you run out of space [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/Jagged_Pine_Crook_Staff
https://wiki.project1999.com/Band_of_Tunare
Last edited by Jibartik; 11-03-2020 at 11:43 PM..
Closed Thread