Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: You have been selected for additional screening.
This flimsy mask will surely protect me. 44 20.66%
I have or wish to have the Coronavirus. 24 11.27%
I have some other virus; HIV or maybe viral Meningitis. 7 3.29%
I am already dead. 67 31.46%
On my way to Vegas, Randall Flagg is calling. 32 15.02%
Mossad agents are dancing again. 39 18.31%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 09:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1)
Not gonna lie you had me in the first half.

88% of intubated patients die. You go in feeling bad and the doctor comes by and says we're going to put you on a ventilator. So you say goodbye to everyone at that point right?

Because you know you have double the chance of scoring a pair of fine rubicite vambraces than making it out of the hospital and remember when you camped the Archon for 12 hours and wound up with six lizardscale belts? Yeah, you gonna die.

Remember it was all about the ventilators. We need them Cuomo cried as he rended his clothes and writhed in the dirt before Jehotrump. But ventilators don't save people, they kill people. If you get a thousand ventilators you're killing 880 people.

Now, if you never gave them a ventilator, would the death rate be higher? 98%? Or lower? We do not know because ventilator is the default. Could we be giving them non-invasive treatments? We don't know because ventilator is the default. For those not familiar, a ventilator helps people breathe by taking over the pumping function from the lungs. So if you have bad pneumonia your lungs are shot to shit and it's actually hard to take the air in cause you're exhausted. So ventilator good, right? But when you have covid, you don't have pneumonia. You have lung damage which prevents you from uptaking the oxygen, but you can breathe on your own. Your lungs aren't tired or exhausted, you just don't have enough surface area inside to absorb the oxygen. But this is all brand new and we needed to settle on a treatment so everyone was like intubate them intubate them.

I read a doctor is claiming you should treat covid patients like high-altitude sickness victims. Oxygen mask with high-concentration oxygen and you lie on your side. That's standard if you fuck up in the Himalayas. Not intubation.

Did we wind up killing thousands and thousands of people by giving them the wrong default treatment? In an emergency you don't have a control group. The best minds of our generation decided this was the way to go. Was it the right way? Some countries didn't lock down. Did they escape the second wave by front-loading the damage or are they prolonging the crisis? Their best minds decided what they thought was best for their countries. Are they right who knows?

First they told us millions were going to die. Then they told us to stay home. It's obvious at this point their initial prediction did not play out in the time frame suggested. However, did this happen because we stayed home or because those guys were just completely wrong. If both factors, how did each contribute to the current status?

It's maddening because everyone is a fucking expert and everyone is very passionate about their view, and meanwhile no one really knows anything for sure. I mean look at this thread; a million (I wish) people offering every point of view of what happened and how to deal with it and the only thing we all agree on is that Earth is flat. I mean not flat completely, it's a like concave disk with a giant ice wall around but anyway my point is that it's just total chaos out there.

Watch what happens afterwards. Everyone will be claiming their particular advice was the best and those other guys were mass-murderers. They're all gonna have tons of proof and lots of pointing fingers.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

88% of intubated patients die. You go in feeling bad and the doctor comes by and says we're going to put you on a ventilator. So you say goodbye to everyone at that point right?

Because you know you have double the chance of scoring a pair of fine rubicite vambraces than making it out of the hospital and remember when you camped the Archon for 12 hours and wound up with six lizardscale belts? Yeah, you gonna die.

Remember it was all about the ventilators. We need them Cuomo cried as he rended his clothes and writhed in the dirt before Jehotrump. But ventilators don't save people, they kill people. If you get a thousand ventilators you're killing 880 people.

Now, if you never gave them a ventilator, would the death rate be higher? 98%? Or lower? We do not know because ventilator is the default. Could we be giving them non-invasive treatments? We don't know because ventilator is the default. For those not familiar, a ventilator helps people breathe by taking over the pumping function from the lungs. So if you have bad pneumonia your lungs are shot to shit and it's actually hard to take the air in cause you're exhausted. So ventilator good, right? But when you have covid, you don't have pneumonia. You have lung damage which prevents you from uptaking the oxygen, but you can breathe on your own. Your lungs aren't tired or exhausted, you just don't have enough surface area inside to absorb the oxygen. But this is all brand new and we needed to settle on a treatment so everyone was like intubate them intubate them.

I read a doctor is claiming you should treat covid patients like high-altitude sickness victims. Oxygen mask with high-concentration oxygen and you lie on your side. That's standard if you fuck up in the Himalayas. Not intubation.

Did we wind up killing thousands and thousands of people by giving them the wrong default treatment? In an emergency you don't have a control group. The best minds of our generation decided this was the way to go. Was it the right way? Some countries didn't lock down. Did they escape the second wave by front-loading the damage or are they prolonging the crisis? Their best minds decided what they thought was best for their countries. Are they right who knows?

First they told us millions were going to die. Then they told us to stay home. It's obvious at this point their initial prediction did not play out in the time frame suggested. However, did this happen because we stayed home or because those guys were just completely wrong. If both factors, how did each contribute to the current status?

It's maddening because everyone is a fucking expert and everyone is very passionate about their view, and meanwhile no one really knows anything for sure. I mean look at this thread; a million (I wish) people offering every point of view of what happened and how to deal with it and the only thing we all agree on is that Earth is flat. I mean not flat completely, it's a like concave disk with a giant ice wall around but anyway my point is that it's just total chaos out there.

Watch what happens afterwards. Everyone will be claiming their particular advice was the best and those other guys were mass-murderers. They're all gonna have tons of proof and lots of pointing fingers.
If they dont get a ventilator when its finally required their death rate is 100% dumbass. That's why people were panicking. There is no alternative medicine if your body is physically blocked (from inflammation) from absorbing oxygen.

The extreme isolation measures is because they have no idea how to treat this virus. Why I'm so surprised that people like you can't seem to understand that medical science doesn't know everything I'm not sure
Last edited by Gatorsmash; 04-23-2020 at 09:59 AM..
Old 04-23-2020, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ventilators are a medical necessity when a person is in respiratory failure. It is correct to say that a lot of people die once they get to the point of needing ventilation, but barring intubation, your only option is BIPAP/CPAP, and that’s a hopeful solution because those options are less invasive and less effective (they are a step down from mechanical ventilation and generally aren’t indicated when you’re at the point of needing to be intubated, IE less invasive measures have already failed)
Old 04-23-2020, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

U guys are retarded
Old 04-23-2020, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dumbass
No you're a dumbass! ;p

Maybe it wouldn't be finally required if you weren't a victim of a series of ignorant choices by the "experts" and were provided with a different treatment. Unfortunately other treatment choices were cast off during the discussions and you and I and the handsome Persian below you there have no idea if there were even considered or what was said or anything. For all we know a strong-willed personality browbeat people into some solution they wanted because that's what they do at his research hospital.

My point wasn't science knows everything so why can't they just fix this, my point was "...everyone is a fucking expert and everyone is very passionate about their view, and meanwhile no one really knows anything for sure." and my prediction was "Everyone will be claiming their particular advice was the best and those other guys were mass-murderers." which is already kinda happening now.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
retarded
No you're retarded!
Old 04-23-2020, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Member when gatorsmash said the world was over in 12 days. Pure retardation, you guys argue over nothing
Old 04-23-2020, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Hospitals all over the country are empty and losing money. This is theatre and u guys are covidiots
Old 04-23-2020, 11:21 AM
Fire Giant

Hurray Solleks is back from another ban -_- wooooo
Old 04-23-2020, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not? These are the statistics coming out of NY right? Each population is going to have different factors, it's kind of hard coming out with appropriate statistics for the whole of a nation just from NYC. I think I remember seeing something out of Norway where only 40% of people on ventilators died. Maybe this is due to them going on the ventilator earlier than people in the US or also due to the fact that in Norway people are way more healthy and not fat as shit. I've kept reading that one major big red flag is the lack of oxygen (like altitude sickness like you said) and for most people this might not be easy to spot, so they will put off going to the hospital until it's really late in the process. I know I don't have an oxygen meter or whatever is used, do you? When you have a huge spike in illnesses (which is what we're trying to avoid) I think a lot more of these cases are going to fall through the cracks, because the average person could very well think they're fine until their O2 levels are critically low. To be honest, again we really don't know. I don't think any study that has come out has had time to really be fully peer reviewed and I've seen plenty of skepticism around pretty much any report. Nothing coming out is gospel right now

It seems like right now people go in with an opinion, find a study they think suits their opinion, and then discount other studies as somehow flawed, and this happens on both sides of the political spectrum and the different views on how to handle the coronavirus. Even people who are trained pretty well to try and run studies or analyze studies to recognize and account for any bias they have will fall victim to it somewhat, and at this stage of the pandemic there are no shortage of people (almost all unqualified) willing to spout their opinion from the mountain tops. It sure seems like the WHO and the CDC have made their fair share of mistakes, however it seems like for the most part Dr. Fauci has refrained from making false assumptions about this virus. I think this gets him in trouble sometimes with the media because he doesn't have all the answers like people want.

I think people need to just be more skeptical of any information they're reading, and remember it very well might not be true. It may not be that people are purposely misrepresenting data or trying to manipulate you, they just might not know better or are working with incomplete data.
Closed Thread