Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Default Bard Wind Mod

Is bard wind mod working correctly? When I'm using my faction song with epic (18mod) im jumping about 2 tiers of faction but when I try with my Darkwood piccolo (24mod) im not getting better results.

Not sure if this is just not working correctly, so was looking for more expert bards to let me know whats up.

Thanks!
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 06-02-2019, 05:24 PM
Fire Giant

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...t=faction+song
Old 06-02-2019, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

/sigh

Thank you for the link friend
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 06-02-2019, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

Wind mod only affects -mr on some of the mezzes
Old 06-03-2019, 04:10 PM
Large Bat

Wind mod also affects -mr on charm songs. However in both cases, the song needs to actually land in order to apply their -mr component. So it won't do you much good for successful mezzing/charming when trying to split groups since you don't really care about -mr once you get the mez/charm to land in the first place.

I still fast-swap to a wooden flute whenever I charm but I think that's just because my brain refuses to believe flutes do nothing to help with charm/mez in most situations.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Unless I’m sorely mistaken, having a wind instrument equipped also increases the duration of bard mez by one tick - probably the biggest benefit of using wind. Strength of the instrument mod is irrelevant ... you just need to have any equipped. I didn’t learn this until much later in levels. It would have helped knowing that from the beginning. Of all the instruments it’s definitely the one I used the least but I did consistently use it in 3 narrow instances:

-needed the extra faction bump from faction song
-mez locking resistant mobs (more debuff plus more wiggle room with exta duration). It’s not often that it happens but if you’re in a situation where you can’t afford follow-on resists when trying to recast mez, every little bit helps.
-needed to lock down a number of mobs. Having an extra 6 seconds can make all the difference

It was and still remains the instrument type I care the least about in terms of potency. Realistically a store bought flute is all you ever need.

Best example in the last few months where I broke out the flute was in DN. We were deep down there hunting with a smattering up mid to upper 50s and I was our only CC. The pull went sour and we got 4 plus a late add wandering add. Generally speaking these guys are going to resist from time to time and a single break in the mez twist from 1 or 2 mezzes results in a chain reaction where all or most mobs will end up loose. If that happened it was going to be a wipe. I broke out the flute and we did fine. We might have been ok without it but I wasn’t going to risk it.

Edit: oddly the wiki shows the 53 mez (our highest capping at mob level 54) doesn’t show it having a negative mod but it should be in the negative 15 to 20 range before wind mod kicks in. I’m assuming the wiki is wrong in not having it listed.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 06-04-2019 at 09:51 AM..
Old 06-04-2019, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Doesn't effect duration. This I have tested (well, mostly to test how easy it is to mez something with / without wind, but as a side effect I can tell duration).

Wind is 99% useless except when you need it for invis or lev.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the clarification. I don’t remember if I tested it after I was first told at 60.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread