Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awww, how cute Boutik sent his boyfriend to come defend him. I'm deeply touched, no not in the inappropriate way you are clearly fixated on you perv, but right in my heart.
He touched you deeply in your heart? Sounds pretty romantic. And then he broke it, right? And that's why you became a bitch baby?
Old 06-07-2019, 01:45 PM
Fire Giant

Guilty as charged. Bro you know me so well how are you not on my Christmas card list.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:53 PM
Sarnak

Wizard, Warrior, Rogue.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:42 PM
Aviak

ALS geared any class, ALS geared Wizard, ALS geared warrior. I kid. Shout out to ALS!
Old 06-13-2019, 05:52 PM
Fire Giant

This is a good thread.

I think the worst trio is some combination of wizard, monk, rogue, and mage. Very limited tools with any combo of these four. I go back and forth on which 3 are the worst together. This trio would struggle with casting mobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure you can pick any 3 classes and do really well here. At that point the worst is probably just the trio with the lowest dps.

Cleric, Paladin and Shadowknight perhaps.
Yall are sleeping on paladins in a trio. Sure dps is low but this trio is able to tank, heal, buff up, root, and stun. cleric/paladin/SK would not be all that bad, they may have low dps but they could fight nonstop and handle several adds without trouble.

war/paladin/sk isnt bad either. War goes berzerk, paladin heals/buffs/cc, sk tanks. More dps than cleric/pal/sk but less ability to clean up a bad pull.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:14 PM
Sarnak

Easily 3 warriors. No buffs, no backstab and regen happens way slower than a wiz or mage getting mana back. wiz can keep things rooted to reduce dmg not warriors
Old 06-14-2019, 04:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Easily 3 warriors. No buffs, no backstab and regen happens way slower than a wiz or mage getting mana back. wiz can keep things rooted to reduce dmg not warriors
The game in OP states your 'worst trio ever' can't duplicate any classes.

Thanks for playing, hope this helps.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:09 PM
Sarnak

Without twink gear and with the 25% hybrid penalty I would say that ogre SK with a human paladin and human ranger would be the slowest trio to level.

Playing on the server today with tweaking, I would say the slowest group would be wizard, cleric, rogue.
Old 06-30-2019, 04:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentathiel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, it has to start rogue-wizard; the two quintessential damage-dealers have no hope of surviving aggro, so it's either lots of death or nuke to death and wait for mana / health to come back.
Yeah, except a wizard can kite with Snare / DD while rogue jumps in later @60% to melee and BS. If the rogue takes a few hits, nothing a bandage cant fix while the wizard meds. This isn't as inefficient as it sounds. Slower Xp for both than what they can get otherwise? Sure, but this gets the job done if the rogue can't find a group and the wizard is feeling lonely.

Before Snare, Nuke/stun/nuke/stun while rogue melees is enough to level the duo up to snare level.

Mind you a rogue that wears AC is not bad at taking hits in the early game at all. Bandages and blue mobs is no prob if they die fast.
Last edited by eunomios; 06-30-2019 at 04:52 PM..
Old 06-30-2019, 05:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Any bad trio is going to be missing reliable utility control of mobs (Snare, Fear, Root, Stun), therefore forced to take their damage; and either missing heals/slow or missing someone to reliably take damage.

Mage (erudite), Rogue (Freeport Human), Warrior (gnome)

Only saving grace would be snare/slow procs from warrior/rogue. Only Healing Avail is from +regen Equipment and Mage Heal to pet.

Mage Earth pet can Root when CC is needed but it's unreliable. Air pet is good for a minor slow effect.

No buffs beyond DS and hardly anyone is taking damage consistently here.

Able to kite if there is a snare proc is Mage, but they would be dumping all mana into nukes and go oom in no time, Warrior can kite but will eventually loose aggro to rogue>who then would kite.

Melees could range damage summoned arrows/daggers (not terrible really if it MUST be done).

Mage Pet can Aggro Dance to spread damage with Warrior/Rogue; thus, mage focusing solely on healing Mage pet - but this would be hard to maintain 40+ without serious downtime.

Essentially it is a trio that ends up being Mage solo, with minor auxiliary help pulling from a couple melees.

Bandage exploit could be used to help with summoned bandages.

Good group around level 4-20 once they meet up - easy to push into 30s with just bandages and good AC on blue/light blue mobs - but once the Mob dmg spike occurs 30+ this I think would be the worst grouping of 3 classes without expensive tools.
Last edited by eunomios; 06-30-2019 at 05:55 PM..
Closed Thread