Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 07:11 PM
Fire Giant

Prolly bought Iraqi dinar too, lol
Old 08-18-2018, 07:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I SERIOUSLY doubt you're making 25k Euros a month through mining.
Only around $7k USD mining, that's after expenses and subject to a lot variance due to market fluctuation and evolving network difficulties. August is going to be great, september probably not so much.

I'm not sure why you say making 25k euros / months through mining is hard to believe. There's a ton of people who make that or orders of magnitude more. You just don't know them. They usually keep as low profile as possible for a variety of reasons, not to mention many higher-profile miners outsource the actual hardware to countries with low labor and energy costs, like Georgia or Romania, so it's not like they have their 50 kilowatt farms in their basements.

It's only a matter of being on top of your game, and when it comes to mining it's 90% about properly planning and TIMING your hardware purchases / sales. This stuff takes time to learn, and trial and error to get good at.

I dumped like 20x 1070 GPUs to a guy (in France) the other day who is 23 years old. He has been mining since 2014 (bitcoin and ether, now mostly zec/zen and some ether I think). He's sitting on a cool 20-30 million euros in crypto and fiat.

Matter of fact, he's so young and so naive, he sold about 900k euros worth of crypto last november, and simply... wired the proceeds to his very regular french bank account. Needless to say, the wire triggered every possible red flag, the french anti-money laundering authorities seized the money and he only got it back about a month ago after a mountain of paperwork, explanations and paying 62% tax on it. The french mining chat rooms are still laughing.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:59 AM
Banned

drugs
Old 08-18-2018, 10:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only around $7k USD mining, that's after expenses and subject to a lot variance due to market fluctuation and evolving network difficulties. August is going to be great, september probably not so much.

I'm not sure why you say making 25k euros / months through mining is hard to believe. There's a ton of people who make that or orders of magnitude more. You just don't know them. They usually keep as low profile as possible for a variety of reasons, not to mention many higher-profile miners outsource the actual hardware to countries with low labor and energy costs, like Georgia or Romania, so it's not like they have their 50 kilowatt farms in their basements.

It's only a matter of being on top of your game, and when it comes to mining it's 90% about properly planning and TIMING your hardware purchases / sales. This stuff takes time to learn, and trial and error to get good at.

I dumped like 20x 1070 GPUs to a guy (in France) the other day who is 23 years old. He has been mining since 2014 (bitcoin and ether, now mostly zec/zen and some ether I think). He's sitting on a cool 20-30 million euros in crypto and fiat.

Matter of fact, he's so young and so naive, he sold about 900k euros worth of crypto last november, and simply... wired the proceeds to his very regular french bank account. Needless to say, the wire triggered every possible red flag, the french anti-money laundering authorities seized the money and he only got it back about a month ago after a mountain of paperwork, explanations and paying 62% tax on it. The french mining chat rooms are still laughing.
Sorry dude, you cannot make 25k or even 7k Euro a month with 20x 1070s. That's impossible today.
Last edited by ScaringChildren; 08-18-2018 at 10:04 AM..
Old 08-18-2018, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry dude, you cannot make 25k or even 7k Euro a month with 20x 1070s. That's impossible today.
*facepalms*
*smokes complimentary $1k gpu*
*clicks submit*
Old 08-18-2018, 02:29 PM
Banned

from the beginning, i always dismissed bitcoin as a magic internet money pyramid scam; but apparently it is still lucrative for some

Bitcoin mining heats homes for free in Siberia [video]
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=15620010
Last edited by LulzSect©; 08-18-2018 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: grAmMAR
Old 08-18-2018, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so no pictures just more words no one cares about

sorry you lost at imaginary coins, maybe if bitcoins came with certificates of authenticity?
I'll post pictures as soon as I feel the need to prove something to a random internet nobody.

*withdraws another batch of 10x 50 euro bills from the ATM*
*clicks submit*
Last edited by Izmael; 08-18-2018 at 04:43 PM..
Old 08-22-2018, 04:50 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-22-2018, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

jibeknn heavily invested in mining

its a net loss. mining hasnt been lucrative for someone of jibeknns socioeconomic background for a decade. he could never mine with his basement rmt money you all got scammed and NVIDIA bought lambos

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 08-22-2018, 05:34 PM
Fire Giant

Only time to get into crypto was 2010, everything since has been ponzi pump and dump sorry u lost your life savings