Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 10:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RoZ has no rules except no cheating/exploiting. It caters to a more hardcore community.

Think of the number of Everquest players who want to play a PvP server. Then think of the subset of those players who want to play on a no-rules training-legal server. Then think of the subset of those players who want to play with item loot for PvP kills. Most Everquesters don't have that kind of mettle. We're the few, the proud, the elite.

Our server is less than a year old and already we are pushing into Luclin with numerous optimizations to help facilitate PvP.
What is the population like? Is it classic exp/items/etc, just in luclin now?

Have a squad of RL friends that decided to get into EQ for god knows why, right now playing on blue but its not very fun.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:26 AM
Banned

Under a hundred with 3 boxing
Old 05-09-2019, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the population like? Is it classic exp/items/etc, just in luclin now?

Have a squad of RL friends that decided to get into EQ for god knows why, right now playing on blue but its not very fun.
Oh man you're playing on blue? Here is my 2019 advice. We about halfway to 2020, you're on blue get new friends and don't waste time on EQ.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because "training" is elite.
We simply choose to not enforce training because doing so is a CSR nightmare and we prefer our server to be more sand-boxy and we can let the community police itself. To get into further detail, though, we actually have a few minor custom mechanics that help discourage training and help mitigate its effects. But we think players should be able to play the game any way they want, short of cheating.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Under a hundred with 3 boxing
We've actually been well above a hundred quite frequently recently (which I think is pretty good for everyone's 6th year of velious or whatever), and only about half of our players at a given time are even multiboxing at all. I personally hate boxing and would prefer to PvP on a single character unless I really needed to box for some reason.
Old 05-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Banned

Eqemulator says 92 is average sorry I was wrong and that’s with 3 boxing lol
Old 05-09-2019, 03:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because "training" is elite.
Exactly.

Bringing mobs to fight other players pretty much makes it PvE.
Old 05-09-2019, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Camacho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly.

Bringing mobs to fight other players pretty much makes it PvE.
If you don't like getting trained, do something about it.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I felt like Roz while probably the technically superior server code wise thanks to on going contributions from well know major faggits is the genuine circle jerk.

This community is split into two groups of cucks that are too bitchmade to play on the same box with more cool and normal folks.

And so they split off and built their own little play pen and called it RoZ.

There is genuinely too much testosterone in this community for me to consider remaining an active participant on either box. A lot of constant salty male tears.

It's made me re-evaluate my life choices.

I wanted to make love to you one last time EQ PvP. Alas, your butt holes remain unshaven and unplucked.

R. I. P.
I really cant help the size of my nuts.

(pistachio nuts)
Old 05-10-2019, 05:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We simply choose to not enforce training because doing so is a CSR nightmare and we prefer our server to be more sand-boxy and we can let the community police itself. To get into further detail, though, we actually have a few minor custom mechanics that help discourage training and help mitigate its effects. But we think players should be able to play the game any way they want, short of cheating.
Seem all the same behavior people cry about on R99 is legal on RoZ. Thereby making the worst players on R99 the best of RoZ.
Closed Thread