Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 10:21 AM
Sarnak

I don't remember if I had to do any faction work (if I did it was very minimal) but blood sabers liked my Iksar necro and Iksar SK.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:14 AM
Kobold

Been looking at http://http://wiki.project1999.com/S...e#Levels_31-34 and its got some good info. Lvls 34-37 besides toll booth, druids and dwarves in West Commonlands what are some other good spots for steady pp?

When should I go into Kaesora to have success with charming?
Old 04-25-2019, 10:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedbane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been looking at http://http://wiki.project1999.com/S...e#Levels_31-34 and its got some good info. Lvls 34-37 besides toll booth, druids and dwarves in West Commonlands what are some other good spots for steady pp?
29+ is when Necros start making great plat while casually leveling.

29-38 WC guards, rangers or dwarves, EC rangers, Highkeep guards
39-45 Oggok guards, Freeport guards, Feerrott/Oasis/OOT/Qeynos Spectres
46-50 Grobb guards
51-54 Felwithe guard, Kelethin guards
54+ Charming in HS, geonids or armors in WL, Kaladim guards, Skyfire trash, Lfay brownies
Old 04-25-2019, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedbane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. Was able to log in tonight to try it out.

Guess I’ll have to wait till call of bones.

What would be easier to faction up to to be able to bank and sell? Freeport or Neriak?
For the price of 4 bone chips you can vendor in Freeport tunnels. Just need to do this (Xelha version) once (iirc) to get to vendor-able: https://wiki.project1999.com/Bone_Chips_Quests
Old 04-25-2019, 12:30 PM
Kobold

Do the treant camp in south karana my brotha. Horse humans merchant 30 seconds away as another gentleman has stated
Old 04-25-2019, 12:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordgordon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do the treant camp in south karana my brotha. Horse humans merchant 30 seconds away as another gentleman has stated
That’s my camp right now. Just thinking of what’s next when they start to green out or are taken.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Not sure if you tried this already but
Field of Bone = https://wiki.project1999.com/Servant_of_Sythrax
Can practice the undead charming skills here and be close to home city, sellers, etc...
There's not much for loot and you may want lv 29 undead blast and other spells first but it is an option. HTH!
Old 04-30-2019, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

I have to second the South Karana thing. I did the Aviaks down there, myself, as the treants scared the everliving F out of me. Aviaks steadily rise in difficulty from Egret to Avocet, giving you plenty of levels worth of fun. Also, you can go up to the top and still use the aviak vendor there. While you can't bank, you can buy and re-sell gems which are great at converting your gold into platinum (for a very modest loss in overall plat).

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

For sure Hydras! I probably spent too much time in South Karana on my Iksar Necro but wanted to level up in the old world with some RL friends. Some additional input based on my personal experiences:

Nearby access to a decent guard-killing spot (for evil races) when SK is busy-- the 2-3 guards at the NK/SK bridge in North Karana. Terrible loot but an easy camp to hold down with a ZL at your back. This is also a popular spot for evil shamans, definitely duoed the bridge with a shammy in this spot when the guards were tougher to kill

If killing/camping the hermit (popular solo spot in SK at lower lvls), make sure to keep your eyes peeled for the roaming giant(s) in zone. If the hermit is giving you decent exp, the giants can surely wreck you. Make sure to FD if you are using the bathroom or anything. Though FD will kill your pet, saving your summoned pet isn't worth eating a death

Easy access to a dungeon in Splitpaw. This dungeon is great if you stick to the entry area (prior to the double doors) or, conversely, you can go deeper if you know what you're doing and don't train the "top roamer" (past the double doors). Hah, I must say that suffering through one of those Splitpaw trains via top roamer is a rite of passage in my book

Hanging out in SK (long enough) allowed me to eventually kill QM and loot a Pegasus Feather Cloak. This allowed me to levitate for 10+ levels prior to getting DMF. Namely, hanging in SK (esp at off hours) allowed me to randomly kill QM a few times when nobody was farming her. The cloak isn't the *hugest* deal for a necro but definitely a quality of life improvement for those 10-12 levels. And who doesn't love clickies

Though SK is a long zone (North to South), you're very close to the wizzy spires in NK-- make sure to kill the guards if you're hanging near spires. Druid rings aren't too much further but there are many more unfriendly NPCs. This means that it was never too hard / far away from getting a port if something pops-up whilst in SK
Old 05-25-2019, 03:40 AM
Kobold

Quality of life just got better. Got my jboots. Thx sicc

Besides CoS is there anything else I should look out for or camp?

Lvl 35+
Closed Thread