Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Default Warrior Aggro (Wave/Infes/Wess/Frosty)

Ive been using Wavecrasher (Primary only) with Infestation in offhand. I like the double sword look and I figured this should be solid to level up with in groups.

Then one day while in a mid 40s group I had someone claim that they have one of the top warriors on the server and questioned my weapon choice. He asked what other weapons I had, which was a WESS and a Frostbringer. He told me I would have a significantly easier time holding aggro with Infestation mainhand and Frostbringer in offhand. His reason was that Infestation procs more often than Wavecrasher.

Parsing/Mathing and Min/Maxing not really my forte. So I'm curious.. Is there validity to his claim? Would Infestation/Frostbringer be significantly better than Wavecrasher/Infestation? This would primarily be for leveling up in XP groups
Old 05-17-2019, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

People like to claim that weapons have different proc rates but i think dex is the only thing that affects it
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:47 PM
Server GM

All weapons have the same proc rates in this era

MTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Aaaand there you go
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:19 PM
Kobold

Yeah, proc rate is based on dexterity alone.

I think it's time to sell your wavecrasher and go with infestation + frostbringer.
Last edited by Dillusional; 05-17-2019 at 07:23 PM..
Old 05-17-2019, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

In fairness, infestation does have +dex on it, ergo technically true it procs more... but barely so.

Just use 2 weapons with decent ratio in each hand, even better if they have decent aggro procs. The fine details of it really don't matter that much.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All weapons have the same proc rates in this era

MTR
Stop ruining my EQ immersion. This stuff is supposed to be secret with crazy fan theories on how things work.

Ya moran
Old 05-17-2019, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

They all have the same proc rate per minute. Dex increases it. I believe MH averages 1ppm with low dex and 2ppm with more dex. I believe offhand is half the ppm of the mainhand.

Slow weapons will proc more on average per swing because they swing less per minute. In that regard an Earthshaker with 70 delay has a higher chance to proc per swing but the same number (average) per minute.

The reason you might have better aggro luck with the infestation primary is each proc creates more aggro than the Wavecrasher. 3 poison counters and dot > slow and magic dot.

The WESS is 4 poison counters, attk debuff and blind so its technically better than both but the ratio sucks for mainhand.
Old 05-19-2019, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Ive heard of proc-rate mods but didnt know that type of formula was out of era so thats very nice to know

I went off This Post from 2016 that lists Wavecrasher above Infestation (List at post #7). These were the two highest and easiest weapons for me to obtain so thats kinda how I ended up with that setup.

Im going to try Infestation mainhand now. I'm getting the hint that offhand should be something with a good ratio vs something with a proc

Frostbringer would be better than a wess or skean in offhand?
Old 05-19-2019, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Frostbringer is an awesome off hand.

I actually have a spare greater dragons head at the moment so would be willing to sell you mine if you like.
Closed Thread