Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

wood elves allow you to get the gloves, necklace, and hide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was leveling in perma and grasping roots was breaking a lot, is that root spell shit? I mean its all I can afford to use at low levels but, idk.. like is it a total shit root?

Using it for free, is not as efficient as using a stronger root, and medding instead of casting for 4 seconds?
The necklace is useful for recharming your pet, powerleveling, or if you're oom. It's also decent if you're CCing vs monsters that summon. In most other cases casting root is probably better.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wood elves allow you to get the gloves, necklace, and hide

The necklace is useful for recharming your pet, powerleveling, or if you're oom. It's also decent if you're CCing vs monsters that summon. In most other cases casting root is probably better.
does the 4 sec cast make it annoying for re-charming though? like most charms are like 4-5 seconds long anyway, or do you charm 4 seconds away from your pet?
Old 06-12-2019, 07:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
does the 4 sec cast make it annoying for re-charming though? like most charms are like 4-5 seconds long anyway, or do you charm 4 seconds away from your pet?
If I have time to use the root neck I will, but if I'm getting the crap beat out of me I'll use a normal root cast and then overwrite that with neck root before recharming.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:28 PM
Large Bat

So I rolled Human Druid as that is what I truly want to be and I'm just hoping it doesn't keep me from any particular amazing druid GEAR. Not so much worried about sneak/hide. Am I good?
Old 06-26-2019, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stourne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I rolled Human Druid as that is what I truly want to be and I'm just hoping it doesn't keep me from any particular amazing druid GEAR. Not so much worried about sneak/hide. Am I good?
As long as you are Tunare, you picked the master Druid race. Enjoy looking like a boss in a robe, sneak/hide is not necessary. You get fixed invis at 50 if you need safe afks.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stourne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You picked the absolute worst Druid race: congrats, it really doesn't matter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The differences between races are all extremely minor in the grand scheme of things. You almost certainly won't miss sneak/hide, and you're not missing out on a huge amount of gear either, just: http://wiki.project1999.com/Category...iper_Equipment (mainly a mana-free root at low levels and a mana free damage shield at high levels).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Sneak is really only useful getting around dungeons, and even then it's sketchy as you can very easily step into the vision cone or get ganked by a pather. It's true you can use it to vendor and bank where you can't, but you're a druid who can port to any damn place, so what difference does that really make? It's very seldom you'll actually need to sneak anywhere, but a free root is always handy.

Unlimited mana free root is OP. Yes it breaks early and has a short duration when it doesn't break, but it's unlimited and mana free with no cool down, so who really cares? Pair that with the mana free snare and you have all day to kill anything that doesn't summon. Dark Assassin once ganked my druid and I went on a revenge quest. It took me a half hour, but I killed that sob with nothing but clickies.
Last edited by Ravager; 06-27-2019 at 06:58 PM..
Old 06-27-2019, 07:57 PM
Sarnak

Mines halfling, I couldn't care less about the root necklace it's probably as useful as those snare clickies wich I never use.

The gloves on the other side I regret not having them it's actually the best damage shield you can cast on a sub 40 so it's really good for powerlevels you end up saving a lot of mana.

Sneak on the other end is more useful than most people think, you can almost do any turn in no matter your faction, you screwed up and got kos with a faction needed for your epic? No problem just sneak behind the npc and suddenly you're indifferent the faction is repaired.
It's also nice to be able to use any vendor anywhere, sure you can port somewhere else where you are factioned but then unless you're bind nearby you have to run back. I definitely used the vendors in OT and outside cabilis a few times.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:57 PM
Large Bat

Lmao I think I'm karanian human druid...
Old 06-27-2019, 08:57 PM
Large Bat

Well I'm Tunare. Either way; I decided I will be sticking with Tunare Human as it's what makes me feel bad ass(I love me some RPg). I've enjoyed this experience/lesson. Every step in EverQuest seems to be a treacherous one! Thanks guys.
Closed Thread