Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 10:09 AM
Skeleton

Default The Legend of High Keep

This is a story that has to be told, but a story that could cause my undoing. It's the story about an adventurer, me, who saw, heard, and felt the real battle between Good and Evil in a little place called High Keep. Although it might kill me, the event has to be told. I will keep the names in my memory only, as reciting them might unleash a fury that no one in Norrath could handle. For those of you who are faint-hearted, you have been warned. Bless you all.

It started one innocent, sunny morning when I was just starting out and learning the ways of the "magic." I was told of a place in the kingdom of the Iksar. Being new, I was excited and prepared to being my journey regardless of where it took me. After packing my bags, rations and water, I took off for a place which was known as Kurn's Tower. The greeting I got from these "lizard" men, was more than I could have ever asked for. They were warm-hearted, and very supportive. Although scared at first, I found it to be one of the finest times of this young-adventurer's life. But, there comes a time when moving on is necessary. I treasured my times there, but my future lied somewhere else. Fortunately, there was one local, who told me about a place in another far off land. Deep in the mountains, he said, was a city which held great fortunes, power, and danger: High Keep.

In High Keep I managed to find my way around, and called out to the residents. Where could I learn new ways? Where could I go to practice my skills? Where could I go to adventure? It was just a short time, matter of minutes, that I got a calling. A group risk takers where helping the city fight off goblins deep below the city. This adventurer couldn't resist and took up the cause. It was there that I met the Erudite who changed my life. It was HE, who first called me Ching Zhang. A name I was unsure of at first but grew to love. He also called to me and gave me my edict: Protect the city.

There were countless waves of goblins we fought, and our small team was up to the challenge. Our Erudite leader stood with purpose and cast down on the evil before us.
Little did I know, there was more evil lurking in the city. Some of which, came from within our circle.

While leading us to victory and fortune, HE heard of the news that our brothers and sisters were being stopped from delivering offerings to the High Keep powers. Common knowledge was these powers were willing to grant safe passage and rewards for completing missions in the city's defense. After hearing this, our leader confronted the evil. Masked as a human, of unknown devotion, this force stood in the way of Good. HE, stood up for the righteous. Minute by minute, hour by hour, the battle raged on. Oftentimes, HE was outnumbered and cornered. But, his power was too strong. You could actually see the FIRE in his eyes. HE was safe in our circle, or so he thought. One of the students, a naked gnome magician, took his opportunity to join the forces against good. The "Moleman" as he will always be known, was willing to take advantage of the attacks. His name fit perfectly, from what I was told, because this being, this evil, this shell, dug into the righteous in order to lie and slander.

Fortunately, HE took control of the evil and cast him away. This "Moleman" was banished forever. As for the other evil, it exists to this day, but it will always remember the power it faced. Now, less likely to strike in the open, it is forced to live in the shadows of High Keep. As my time was winding down for this adventure, I took a look around me one last time. As I was turning my head, I felt a hand on my shoulder. HE was there. He told me, and I will never forget, "be legit and never quit." It was then that he walked away, forever from that place. But his lore will never leave. The Legend of High Keep remains.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:14 AM
Banned

Your immersion has me immersed.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

This was really good.....I think the community needs more! EQ 2019 Lore at it's finest. 10/10
Old 06-13-2019, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

I've no idea what happened, but a Gnome got banned.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Can't help but read it in Cap'n Kraddok's voice

[60 Druid] Lisbon Vespertine
[60 Rogue] Tallinn Vespertine
[60 Shadow Knight] Thessaley Vespertine
[55 Enchanter] Devony Vespertine
[53 Necromancer] Gympie Dendrocnide
Closed Thread