Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Go bow kite Allizewsaur to death on teal/green on your lower lvl ranger and make a video unbuffed, unassisted, and regardless of whether I think rangers are good soloers I will be impressed by your sheer will and determination.
Old 11-28-2019, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go bow kite Allizewsaur to death on teal/green on your lower lvl ranger and make a video unbuffed, unassisted, and regardless of whether I think rangers are good soloers I will be impressed by your sheer will and determination.
Oh no....you've given me a new target.... maybe not solo it, but I'm gonna take my level 10 with a bow to face the great beast! With one or two more people!
Old 11-28-2019, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Enchanter, bard, magician, wizard, Druid, necro, shaman are all better soloers than a ranger imo. Ranger might be above Paladin warrior rogue and maybe shadowknight. So not even top 5 soloer and not the best hybrid soloer which is a bard.
Old 11-28-2019, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh no....you've given me a new target.... maybe not solo it, but I'm gonna take my level 10 with a bow to face the great beast! With one or two more people!
Make sure to fraps it, you should do it solo. Corpse a few corpses with stacks of arrows lol
Old 11-28-2019, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

I'm on my 3rd time leveling a ranger... on Live, on Blue, and now Teal... if you're looking for fast and efficient soloing, a ranger isn't it. At least until we get Panic Animal in Velious. The archery, kill speed, and mana costs being talked about here are being overhyped and over-exaggerated.

Sorry, Ivory, but when you're talking about a ranger sowing themselves at level 30, you're not talking Classic.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 11-28-2019, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm on my 3rd time leveling a ranger... on Live, on Blue, and now Teal... if you're looking for fast and efficient soloing, a ranger isn't it. At least until we get Panic Animal in Velious. The archery, kill speed, and mana costs being talked about here are being overhyped and over-exaggerated.

Sorry, Ivory, but when you're talking about a ranger sowing themselves at level 30, you're not talking Classic.
Not overhyped! Bows is really strong.

But, yea, I was thinking later for the sow.....not a big deal though, just get jboots or grab sow potions. 100 plats get you 5 hours of sow.... you can make that in a few hill giants, so for an archer no big deal, you can take them down at any level within about 10 minutes in some areas.

I know I was STILL using invoke lighting a lot at level 54 on my ranger for AE kiting while also bowing. So I know how handy that spell is, and just super overlooked.
Old 11-28-2019, 03:43 PM
Kobold

I would go Monk 10 times out of 10 because I prefer going to toe-to-toe with mobs to bow kiting and root rotting. Aside form swarm kiting, that has to be the most miserable way to play EverQuest. Plus you need to keep your weapon and defense skills maxed as a Ranger so you aren't a complete waste of a slot when you get into a group, so you'll be forced to go toe-to-toe with mobs even when you would be better off bow kiting/root rotting them. Never again. Yuck.
Old 11-28-2019, 04:24 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflondon75 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just finished my Trueshot bow. Hunted up another 300 plat turning in sashes and went to town. Ended up costing me 200 plat ish for the last 18 points, 500 plat total. I had another 12 attempts ready, took 4 to make the bow at 150 skill.

It seems to only do 22 damage an arrow though, not sure how somebody can kill a yellow with only 5-6 arrows doing 22 a pop max lol. Still a nice bow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was the guy who mentioned the 5-6 on bandits. Look maybe it was a slight exaggeration on my part, but reality is not far from there. Humanoid mobs flee at a certain hp.

Also, doing 22 dmg for a melee at that lvl is awesome, and you don’t get hit and barely need to med after fights. You easily solo mobs that are over your lvl such as werewolves for quests. The best thing is you have track to find the mobs you want to fight.
Old 11-28-2019, 04:35 PM
Fire Giant

Lots of ranger highfalutin ranger debate going on. But how about monks? How are they solo in classic? Does combat bind wound still work here? Monks seem kind of rough, given the lack of gear, lack of Iksar and inability to loot anything.
Old 11-28-2019, 05:02 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaxiglass [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was the guy who mentioned the 5-6 on bandits. Look maybe it was a slight exaggeration on my part, but reality is not far from there. Humanoid mobs flee at a certain hp.

Also, doing 22 dmg for a melee at that lvl is awesome, and you don’t get hit and barely need to med after fights. You easily solo mobs that are over your lvl such as werewolves for quests. The best thing is you have track to find the mobs you want to fight.

For sure, if you're hitting max/high DD's in between each shot it could be as low as 8-9. I think conservatively 10-12 on average would be better though with the wild misses and half/less damage hits I personally get on even low greens lol. When I saw you post 5-6 I though "Holy shite, it must be hitting for 40-50's" Is all good [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] 100% agreed track is awesome!
Closed Thread